Boxing titlists: Flabbergasting.

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Amazing look at the Heavyweight titlists around the world. Its a year or so old. I was astounded by the sheer number and the way the likes of the WBC etc invent numerous tributaries for an accumulation of sanctioning fee's. Tut tut...

1. African Boxing Union - Joseph Cingangu
2. Argentine (FAB) - Fabio Eduardo Milo
3. Australian - Bob Mirovic
4. BBBofC British - Danny Williams
5. BBBofC English - John McDermott
6. Belgian - Roman Dabolins
7. Brazilian - Raphael Zumbano
8. CAM (Canadian, American, Mexican) - Chauncy Welliver
9. Canadian - Raymond Olubowale
10. Chilean - Robinson Escobar
11. Commonwealth (British Empire) - Matt Skelton
12. EBU (European) - Valdimir Virchis
13. EBU-EU (European Union) - Michael Sprott
14. German BDB - Konstantin Airich
15. German GBA - Yakup Saglam
16. German International - Yakup Saglam
17. Ghanaian - John Napari
18. Global Boxing Council - Jaromir Soukup
19. Global Boxing Council Intercontinental - Harry Duivin Jr.
20. Global Boxing Union - Adnan Buharalija
21. Guyanese - Mitchell Rogers
22. IBF - Wladimir Klitschko
23. IBF East/West Europe - Artur Marabyan
24. IBF Inter-Continental - Oleg Platov
25. IBF International - Alexey Soloviev
26. IBF Latino - Carl Davis Drummond
27. IBF Mediterranean - Simone Loschi
28. IBF Pan Pacific - Shane Cameron
29. IBO - Wladimir Klitschko
30. Korean - Jae Chan Kim
31. NABA - Friday Ahunanya
32. NABF - Travis Walker
33. OPBF - Alex Leapai
34. PABA - Dennis Bhaktov
35. Polish - Andrzej Wawrzyk
36. Quebec Boxing Council (CQB) - Patrice L'Heureux
37. South African - Osborne Machimana
38. South American - Cesar Gustavo Acevedo
39. Tanzania, Pugilistic Syndicate of - Ashraf Suleiman
40. USBA - Eddie Chambers
41. WBA - Ruslan Chagaev
42. WBA Fedecentro - Brian Minto
43. WBA Fedelatin - Andrew Golota
44. WBA Inter-Continental - Taras Bidenko
45. WBA Pan African - Shane Cameron
46. WBC - Sam Peter
47. WBC Asian Boxing Council - Derric Rossy
48. WBC CABOFE - Manuel Quezada
49. WBC Continental Americas - Chris Arreola
50. WBC FECARBOX - Carl Davis Drummond
51. WBC FECOMBOX - Luis Escandon
52. WBC International - Juan Carlos Gomez
53. WBC Latino - Gonzalo Omar Basile
54. WBC Mediterranean - Sinan Samil Sam
55. WBC USNBC - Joe Mesi
56. WBF - Albert Sosnowski
57. WBF Intercontinental - Richel Hersisia
58. WBF International - Derric Rossy
59. WBO - Wladimir Klitschko
60. WBO Asia Pacific - Shane Cameron
61. WBO Inter-continental - Alexander Dimintrenko
62. WBO Latino - Fres Oquendo
63. WBO NABO - Derric Rossy
64. WBO Oriental - Shane Cameron
65. The Ring - Wladimir Klitchsko

Davis Haye will fight all but numbers 22,29,59, and 65.

Well, regional titles.

They help develop a fighter by giving him motivation and benchmarks to shoot for as he climbs the ladder.

Ultimately, fight-fans know who the Top Heavyweights in the world are.

Thanks for the collection , dude.

Well, regional titles.

They help develop a fighter by giving him motivation and benchmarks to shoot for as he climbs the ladder.

Ultimately, fight-fans know who the Top Heavyweights in the world are.

Thanks for the collection , dude.

No probs. Just thought you lot would be interested; But I can't take credit for compiling it.

yeah, if you were a fighter, but not quite good enough to beat world rankers then why not collect one of them belts?

after all, you could say you were the best fist fighter in all of canada, mediterranean, australia, the pacific etc etc.

how many people can say that?

It's not just that, but getting in with the WBC early and winning their regional titles might allow for higher rankings later on in your career.

Someone should post all the BS mma titles out there so the TS will STFU. There's probably more titles in mma then boxing, like the bodog extreme cage rage title!

Someone should post all the BS mma titles out there so the TS will STFU. There's probably more titles in mma then boxing, like the bodog extreme cage rage title!

Or we could not bash other combat sports and leave mma in the heavies?

You're in the boxing forum, discuss boxing.

Not how much you hate everything else.

I'm just calling a spade a spade. I'm not bashing anything, just saying mma has bs titles as well. The TS is trying to start another boxing sucks because thread........more us verse them, which is why I seldom post anymore.

I'm just calling a spade a spade. I'm not bashing anything, just saying mma has bs titles as well. The TS is trying to start another boxing sucks because thread........more us verse them, which is why I seldom post anymore.

Many thanks for explaining to me what I was trying to do. I'm afraid your logic is flawed though dummy, if i wanted to encourage boxing hate, surely I'd have posted it in the heavies?
With dogshit posts like this, thank fuck you've almost given up!

In the heavies where theres minimal boxing fans??? Go fist yourself pal!

Last edited:

Come on, don't fly off the handle. I think that most MMA fans and boxing fans would agree that having an undisputed World Heavyweight Champion in their respective sports would be nice.

Depressing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 title for 1 division + fewer divisions = boxing will rise again

One of the reasons that boxing used to be on prime time television was because the word champion meant something more than it means now.. it meant king.. it meant the last man standing.. it meant a unique path to validation..

now we have so many chumps calling themselves champ, and avoiding each other like the plague because they have to follow a unique path to be validated as a champ.. they can pick one of 4-5 paths per division...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 title for 1 division + fewer divisions = boxing will rise again

One of the reasons that boxing used to be on prime time television was because the word champion meant something more than it means now.. it meant king.. it meant the last man standing.. it meant a unique path to validation..

now we have so many chumps calling themselves champ, and avoiding each other like the plague because they have to follow a unique path to be validated as a champ.. they can pick one of 4-5 paths per division...

I'm of the opinion that it used to be on primetime television(in the U.S.) because the Heavyweight Champ was American. Unfortunately, the U.S. doesn't have the boxing talent pool it used to because the NFL and NBA pull in almost every great athlete that weighs over 200lbs and is 6'0" or taller.

I don't have any issues with regional or national titles. But there's definitely too many people reffered to as 'world champion'.

It's even more rediculous when they start having 'super champions' and regular champions, and interim champions even though the regular champion is fine and still defending the true belt.

Here's a great article about some of the crap the WBA pulls with it's titles

Navigating Boxing's Alphabet Titles (AKA The Idiot's Guide to Stupidity) Part 1: The WBA - Bad Left Hook

From the article linked above

Despite having opportunities to completely rework its rules, the current WBA may do more to muddy the waters than any other organization, which is exactly the opposite of its original purpose. Rather than having only one championship, the WBA often claims to have as many as four:

* Super champion: The WBA claims, per its rules, that only a unified titlist or a person who makes five to ten defenses of their title can become super champion. However, it's added circumstances as it sees fit, and even the rule that it can elevate a champion after only five defenses is a new addition. If a WBA regular champion also becomes a WBC, IBF or WBO champion, then he's elevated to super champion. It's a win-win for the WBA - they give super champions longer times to make mandatory defenses, so they don't look bad for stripping fighters, and it also allows the WBA to make a grab for more cash by having twice as many "title" fights.
* Regular champion: You know, the guy who's actually the titlist. Except when there's a super champion. Then, the regular champion is something less than a champion. He can still strut around calling himself the man, but in reality, if there's a super champion, then the regular champion isn't even the champion for his own sanctioning body.
* Interim champion: Officially, under the WBA rules, the only way you can have an interim champion is if there's a champion in recess, e.g. the titlist can't defend because he's injured or there are some other extenuating circumstances. In reality, there are currently six interim titlists, and all of the real champs are perfectly able to fight. The WBA gets more sanctioning fees from having an interim title fight instead of a title eliminator, so as a way to steal more money, they have slowly been replacing title eliminators with fights for an interim title.
* Champion in Recess: According to the WBA rules, when an active champion is unable to defend his title within the prescribed time period for debilitating medical reasons, legal reasons or any other legitimate reason, the WBA can make him champion in recess and appoint an interim titlist. Good example: Ruslan Chagaev was unable to fight because of hepatitis, so he was made champion in recess. Not so good example: Felix Sturm is caught in a legal battle over his contract, so the WBA made him super champion instead of champion in recess.

Back