Boxing sparring partner tried to hurt me with Jiu Jitsu

gotta hit the jacket too
yea but thats pretty high level stuff that need genetic gifts not just misguided from indoctrinated coaches who have no idea the gold you can mine from youtube vids

gotta hit the jacket too
Would bet on majority 90% of adult TKD blackbelts to KTFO Chuck Liddel now in a fight.
There's a sense, as Kyokushin also knows, in not taking too many headshots to maintain combat fitness as you get older.

I've been on the other side of such events. My 1st boxing sparring session in an MMA gym, I got swarmed by hooks which I couldn't defend, felt threatened and inadvertently countered full force. Broke the guys nose. I apologized but the coach was furious. He told me to spar with his top guy instead who was in MMA gloves - and he proceeded beat the shit outta me as punishment so I quit the place immediately.

Sure, it's my fault for overreacting but it was MY FIRST SPAR for fucks sake. I don't think I deserved that beating. Jaw and shoulder hurt for weeks after. :(
Seems like the place was a bad gym. If you werent prepared to spar for the 1st time tbey shouldnt have put you in there with a guy that was gonna swarm you.

Would bet on majority 90% of adult TKD blackbelts to KTFO Chuck Liddel now in a fight.
There's a sense, as Kyokushin also knows, in not taking too many headshots to maintain combat fitness as you get older.

Would you bet on those TKD blackbelts against Mike Tyson?

And you know those people who will strike with all their might in the last second of the sparring round?
He was applying a fuckton more pressure on my head at the last second, and he wasn't even supposed to use BJJ at all lol.
I FUCKING HATE PUSSIES
Seriously. I have absolutely zero respect for people like that. I'm not even gonna call them men.
Why don't you spar with him & f+ck him up? Payback is part of karma.

Been thinking about a round house to his knee.
You might get sued for that if his knee gets damaged. Just give him a beating during sparring. You could get away with a kick to the knee if you were kickboxing or sparring MMA but doing that while boxing has zero plausibility of denial.

First post here and I just wanted to share my frustration / emotional damage. Felt that I was being taken advantage of.

New guy came to the sparring session. I've been practicing my counter punches / combo. I defended his jab and countered with a 3 punch combo to the body and head (jab to the body, over head right hand, left hand body hook). All three landed but I pulled my punches back.

The next thing he did was to get into a clinch position (wasn't allowed to but I was playing along) and he leg swept me, took me down, got into side control and crush my jaw by pushing his back against my head (reverse side control?). Couldn't eat for a day.

I didn't realize that he had intention to hurt me after getting hit until a day later. Told the trainer about it. Needless to say I'll never talk to / spar with that dick again.

rant over.

wtf is reverse side control?

Would you bet on those TKD blackbelts against Mike Tyson?
Approach to TKD is different.
One is competition oriented on sport ofc and still.
In such gyms majority of students never reach even rank lower than black belt.
Like in judo gyms in a lot of EE countries you need to earn each even coloured belt rank with proof that you are able to met physical tests requirements and participate in tournaments according to ranking level.
If you are older than 35 and previously had did such stuff successfully or have confirmed problems while still already was able to prove your latest rank like all guys..... then you might get technical belt.
This still means that you should not only to know curriculum in theory, also to fight at least a smoker...

While there ofc is some stuff.
For example judo clubs or sambo stuff.

If I don't have grading confirmed by IJF I will use judo gi with white belt.
I did this.
And when you stated the game stuff was....
The same for TKD gym btw.
For rolling under sambo rules I had used red or blue belt.
Doesn't like, your problem, Sambo de facto doesn't have belts and belts are used for referee and judges to easier determine what of 2 guys is here, nothing more here.

First post here and I just wanted to share my frustration / emotional damage. Felt that I was being taken advantage of.

New guy came to the sparring session. I've been practicing my counter punches / combo. I defended his jab and countered with a 3 punch combo to the body and head (jab to the body, over head right hand, left hand body hook). All three landed but I pulled my punches back.

The next thing he did was to get into a clinch position (wasn't allowed to but I was playing along) and he leg swept me, took me down, got into side control and crush my jaw by pushing his back against my head (reverse side control?). Couldn't eat for a day.

I didn't realize that he had intention to hurt me after getting hit until a day later. Told the trainer about it. Needless to say I'll never talk to / spar with that dick again.

rant over.

What the fuck is happening in your gym? What did your coach do? If there wasn't a coach observing sparring I already don't think your gym has its shit under control. Secondly, if this was news to one of the coaches after, what did he say?

Hitting hard is subjective. Well next time get up and tell him why did you sweep me this is boxing and cancel the sparring with him.

Also not everyone is equally used to getting hit. You're new so I'm not sure what to make of it. You feel you didn't punch him hard or you know you didn't. Was it at 20% power. If I saw it I could've told you.

In any case no need to be a big snitch and complain and whine about it. But next time get up ask him why is he using sweeps in a boxing spar and refuse to spar with him again. Or just talk it out friendly. Did your trainer not see it ?

The douchebag OP mentioned shouldn't be doing non-boxing stuff in a boxing ring. If he started kicking him in a boxing ring that should be mentioned, same eith this bullshit BJJ. The loser is literally NOT boxing, he's just being aggressive for NO reason other than he doesn't understand how to box compared to real boxers. The guy OP is referring to is likely an MMA noob with an ego.

OP isn't snitching, he's following through by reporting on selfish recklessness.

How does your comment make any sense following from what I said? Of course there would be an issue. If it kept happening you would probably get knee stomped hard.

My point is that fighting has changed. Boxing doesn't exist in this bubble now it's also part of MMA. So if you want to train boxing sparring yes everyone should be following the rules at a gym but it's really a good idea in this day and age to have some cross training anyway. This is your protection not just the 'agreement everyone made to keep to the rules' which obviously can go out the window in heated situations.

Right but it's boxing sparring so no one should be thinking "oh, I'll get taken down and choked"

Should we start carrying guns into the ring just in case? No. The point is: in the ring of the designated sport, the rules are the rules.

Should someone cross train for self-defense? Yeah, sure. I agree. But even then, knives, improvised weapons, guns, etc. Change that whole dynamic, too.

TS is spacetime's new account.
Most likely.

While for others reading this topic here.
If such sparring wasn't negotiated ...
Then here most likely are one from 3 variants:
guy is fighting wrestlebox cos he did this earlier and just cos inertion.
Next variant is: he can't outbox and then changed tactic to outmuscle/wrestlefuck opponent.
Third variant....
Some guys change tactic to werstlefuck an opponent etc when they are thinking that sparring partner get too hot and is working too hard on them. In such case this automatically doesn't mean that guy hates you...maybe pretty opposite, instead of attempting to KO you with punch on head such guy might attempt to wrestlefuck a bit with intent to calm you down....etc.

Also a bit wrestlefuck guy is tactique not rare cases used in gyms by coaches.
Trainer is thinking that guy is too hot with sparring partners while still guy somewhat likes him...
Then guy is paired to spar with stronger than he guy who prefer to outwrestle too hot sparring partners instead to go KO them.

This more often happens in gyms " pay and go " like you pay for month with advance and after this train, if will not pay for next month, will not train.
Or in gyms with long term contract where you are allowed not to paid for training scheduled if you will have " sick leave " : papers from doctors that you can't train xx days for example...

Money wise here for gym isn't good if you will get concussion etc...

Just type phrase: opponet's side control in standup grappling ....and use search engine....

Guys....

In case it's not obvious the TC is Spacetime. A notorious troll who has been banned countless times already. Usually trolls the stand up forum but has posted here too.

Try not to engage with him or take him seriously.

edit: thought this was the grappling forum.

Last edited:
Guys....

In case it's not obvious the TC is Spacetime. A notorious troll who has been banned countless times already. Usually trolls the stand up forum but has posted here too.

Try not to engage with him or take him seriously.
I haven't seen him throw a kick in this thread yet.

Back