Boxing sparring partner tried to hurt me with Jiu Jitsu

But it was a boxing spar. That's the agreed upon rules. It's a sport not a street fight.
When you had agreed with boxing spar and intensity.
If guy didn't had brains about this, I had used not only wrestlefuck and dirty wrestling. Kicks too and elbows etc beauty. Btw all this is also in dirtywrestle.

If guy was normal and was smaller, just get too hot, I usually always attempted to wrestlefuck him not to inflict possible long term damage....

If too cocky and not easy to handle, I applied dirty game...
Including kicks and headbutts etc....

Last edited:
Ofc there is thing that guy might be really competitive mindset lad, even if guy usually is friendly and nice.
Therefore sparring better should be under supervision and this cost $.

When you had agreed with boxing spar and intensity.
If guy didn't had brains about this, I had used not only wrestlefuck and dirty wrestling. Kicks too and elbows etc beauty. Btw all this is also in dirtywrestle.

If guy was normal and was smaller, just get too hot, I usually always attempted to wrestlefuck him not to inflict possible long term damage....

If too cocky and not easy to handle, I applied dirty game...
Including kicks and headbutts etc....

Anti social. Headbutts in a mma gym.

This instance of the TS is at a boxing gym.

This is a pretty stupid way of thinking about it. So if we were doing an agreed boxing sparring and you hit me too hard and I decided to kick you in the head you would have no issue with that?
hed probably just shoot you
combat way back in the day was settled with duels
you should at least familiarize yourself with fundamentals
Wolven Doggington the 3rd

Given that you've had the same experience, shouldn't that add to the credibility of the thread starter?
It reminds me of a banned member who had several fake accounts. Small details. But I dont really care for these things anymore. If he is who I think well good for him.

It reminds me of a banned member who had several fake accounts. Small details. But I dont really care for these things anymore. If he is who I think well good for him.
The Time and Space continuum?

If spacetime actually went to a real boxing / kickboxing / mma / bjj gym that's serious progress.

Serious question: are you sure now that he intended to hurt you as revenge for your combo? As opposed to just being a dude thinking he's joking around and he's your friend? I'm not saying the latter makes it right. But accidentally misreading a situation is different than pulling a dick illegal move to hurt someone. There have for sure been times, last round of the night and everyone's friendly, etc, where someone does something "illegal" to me. But it's obviously a well meaning thing, like punching a buddy in the shoulder.

Serious question: are you sure now that he intended to hurt you as revenge for your combo? As opposed to just being a dude thinking he's joking around and he's your friend? I'm not saying the latter makes it right. But accidentally misreading a situation is different than pulling a dick illegal move to hurt someone. There have for sure been times, last round of the night and everyone's friendly, etc, where someone does something "illegal" to me. But it's obviously a well meaning thing, like punching a buddy in the shoulder.

It was a series of prolonged illegal moves.

Talked to the gym owner. That guy claimed that he was in survival mode because I hit him too hard. So he got into clinch position and held me down.

I don't buy it. Unfortunately the gym owner talked me into settling it. The whole conversation with the trainer / owner lasted for a week and both of them seemed to down play the incident from the get-go. If someone can go into survival mode from just punches they should stay home ffs, it's the same shit as losing control. I feel that the gym just wanted to avoid the legal fallout and as such they are not in my (or any of their students') best interest.

I've been on the other side of such events. My 1st boxing sparring session in an MMA gym, I got swarmed by hooks which I couldn't defend, felt threatened and inadvertently countered full force. Broke the guys nose. I apologized but the coach was furious. He told me to spar with his top guy instead who was in MMA gloves - and he proceeded beat the shit outta me as punishment so I quit the place immediately.

Sure, it's my fault for overreacting but it was MY FIRST SPAR for fucks sake. I don't think I deserved that beating. Jaw and shoulder hurt for weeks after. :(

Don't avoid him. Match up again and this time give that mother fucker the receipt he's got coming.

He did once, got beat up and never went back.

Everyone gets their ass kicked coming into the gym for the first time.

The difference is whether they walk out thinking "I must learn this stuff!" or "fuck this place I'm going back to practicing taekwondo alone in my apartment".

I've been on the other side of such events. My 1st boxing sparring session in an MMA gym, I got swarmed by hooks which I couldn't defend, felt threatened and inadvertently countered full force. Broke the guys nose. I apologized but the coach was furious. He told me to spar with his top guy instead who was in MMA gloves - and he proceeded beat the shit outta me as punishment so I quit the place immediately.

Sure, it's my fault for overreacting but it was MY FIRST SPAR for fucks sake. I don't think I deserved that beating. Jaw and shoulder hurt for weeks after. :(

That sucks man, that's not a rational coaching strategy. Hope you found a better gym after that.

Everyone gets their ass kicked coming into the gym for the first time.

The difference is whether they walk out thinking "I must learn this stuff!" or "fuck this place I'm going back to practicing taekwondo alone in my apartment".

That sucks man, that's not a rational coaching strategy. Hope you found a better gym after that.
tbf at home Taekwondo you get a bitchin duster and wicked heavybag futon set up

Back