1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Boxing > MMA tonight

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Touch of Death, Nov 2, 2019.

1. TeamDuffee

TeamDuffee Blue Belt

and yet Canelo made exponentially more money than any mma trash

2. TeamDuffee

TeamDuffee Blue Belt

Mma is niche tho

3. Erratic

Erratic Just Bleed Disciple

Leave the forum then, its an MMA forum thats beyond packed and active with people who watch MMA. I've been on boxing forums that don;t even have 10% of the activity that this forum does. [email protected] on the dead boxing forums, don't stay on an MMA forum no more

4. HelpYouFall

HelpYouFall Purple Belt

In the kitchen, not bothered over a steak.

We are blessed to be graced by this venitian blonde god's presence. Órale!

5. DeJulez

DeJulez Silver Belt

No one can take a fighter seriously if they can't punch. I don't even consider it a fight if there isnt a punch thrown. If you just kick and wrestle that's a tussle not a fight.
    MMA guys cant fight.
    BJ Penn got dropped by a fat man in a parking lot for fucks sake.
    Maiquel Falcao was rendered unconscious at a gas station by some kids wearing Ecko shirts.
    Real fights......

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  6. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Purple Belt

Canelo/Kovalev was bigger than any of the fights on 244, but in terms of card depth and just straight up entertainment value 244 won by a landslide.

Mr.Maelstrom and Jonny Ninja like this.
  7. loyalyolayal

loyalyolayal Steel Belt

<DCWhoa>

8. Ezekiel 25:17

Ezekiel 25:17 Blue Belt

Was in several "street fights" when I was a wee lad and into highschool. Never once did a fight end with 2 people squared up, jabbing, hugging,bobbing and weaving. Kicks, punches, elbows, locks and takedowns were all a part of it. I was in karate and later kickboxing, and my uncle would teach me boxing techniques. My wake up call was when a wrestler picked me up like I was a pillow and threw me across the lawn.

If someone who knows what they are doing grabs a hold of you.....you are legitimately fucked, and the fight will be over before you know it. Even Mike Tyson said a lot of these boxers would get wrecked on the streets cause they are too one dimensional and rely on their boxing defence which wouldnt work against someone who can kick and grapple.

You are delusional if you believe what you believe.

Sir Punchalot likes this.
  9. DeJulez

DeJulez Silver Belt

My fights go, I hit them and its over. Maybe you wee lads need to come to America and get some muscles on your skinny asses so you dont get thrown around.

10. Ezekiel 25:17

Ezekiel 25:17 Blue Belt

Muscles . Lol you sound like a Neanderthal when it comes to fighting. Typical grandpa boxer....merrrica mentality.

Sir Punchalot likes this.
  11. PHATV

PHATV FREE @RR!!! Platinum Member

OK, wait...

I thought they were just tossing "BMF" around as the moniker for the fight (which I would get), but the UFC actually has a "Baddest Muthafucker" belt that was on the line in the Masvidal/Diaz fight?

<{ByeHomer}>

12. Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

Yeah. It has "BMF" on the front center plate.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  13. Absolut

Absolut Red Belt

First there was the black bottle

then there was the plaster mitts

Now itS Mexican music between rounds.

Surprised nobody is complaining about canelos highlighter mitts. Clearly designed to attract the eye when he threw

Mr.Maelstrom and DeJulez like this.
  14. Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

I had a reliable stream for the BMF match. Took a screen of Duran with "Street Jesus".
    [​IMG]

Mr.Maelstrom and PHATV like this.
  15. PHATV

PHATV FREE @RR!!! Platinum Member

I'm calling an attorney tomorrow. I haven't been real active since the early 2000s, but I believe I'm still the lineal no matter what Dana fucking thinks. You can't just make up fucking belts, Dana. Especially fucking belts that I already fucking hold. You fucker. Fuck!

16. DeJulez

DeJulez Silver Belt

Go get em.
    [​IMG]

Mr.Maelstrom and Old Cat like this.
  17. Old Cat

Old Cat Gold Belt

dont knock the technique. I was in my mid teens and my brothers had to be 7 and 5 or so respectively. They were arguing about something and the older one spun around a couple of times w his arms out stretched and caught the younger one dead on the button. That boy crumbled and went out slumped over. He sat there for about 10 sec before he regained awareness and let out a blood curdling scream that drew my mother like a bolt of lightning. She beat my brother half to death. Me and my dad cracked up about it for days.

This guy would have landed had he added another twirl. If he only train more ballet, I know it’s hard to devote ones attention to multiple style but if your gonna be the best you’ll pay the price.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  18. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

It pains me to say it but I generally choose MMA over boxing when they clash nowadays, unless it’s a boxer I like. Im sick of cards full of squash matches with possibly 1 or 2 competitive fights at the end, at best. At 244 there were 4-5 genuine top 10 clashes. How often does that happen in boxing. Guys avoid each other as much as they can till they get their shot.
    If boxing is losing fans to MMA then it only has itself to blame. You don’t notice it much over here because boxing is by far and away the biggest combat sport. But most of the new generation of fans in Britain appear to be favouring MMA from my experience.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  19. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Yet when I worked the doors, most of the guys I worked with were boxers (a few MT practitioners as well), and all big guys. And far more often than not 1 or 2 punches ended any fight. People seem to either forget, or not realise how much harder boxers hit than everyone else.

20. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Haha you said you’d use that clip! Didn’t waste any time! The spinning heel kick he tried was even more comical