Boxing: Might as well be worked.

It's funny how the people that don't agree with me completely dismiss what I have to say and feel as though only their thoughts and opinions are worth a damn. Typical I guess.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Imagine if we all felt and thought the exact same thing? Man, how boring would this world be?

Another guy said that he started typing something but than decidd to delete it. Good choice. What you had to say would probably be a shit load of garbage anyways. One sided and not meant to educate but simply to tear someone else down (me).

One poster decided to use his intelligence and actually provide a solid response, it's a shame that others can't. If the opinion differs from theirs the thread is considered garbage, dumb, idiotic, etc...

;-)

Cheers boys and girls.

It's funny how the people that don't agree with me completely dismiss what I have to say and feel as though only their thoughts and opinions are worth a damn. Typical I guess.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Imagine if we all felt and thought the exact same thing? Man, how boring would this world be?

Another guy said that he started typing something but than decidd to delete it. Good choice. What you had to say would probably be a shit load of garbage anyways. One sided and not meant to educate but simply to tear someone else down (me).

One poster decided to use his intelligence and actually provide a solid response, it's a shame that others can't. If the opinion differs from theirs the thread is considered garbage, dumb, idiotic, etc...

;-)

Cheers boys and girls.

Boxing was great, but it's dead.

What do you expect when you type ignorant statements like these?

I believe that boxing is better than mma in every imaginable sense other than body waxing and tribal tattoos.

I believe that boxing is better than mma in every imaginable sense other than body waxing and tribal tattoos.

Amen to this. When it comes to sweet body designs and hot man-bodies, MMA is truly unmatched.

what the..... who the..... *goes back to working on ammy thread*

;-)

Cheers boys and girls.

the reason why so many guys just dismiss you is because in this forum, there are a lot of long term posters who have responded to threads like these ad nauseum, so most won't even respond or do so in a short negative manner. mma and boxing are sister sports, the basic premise is the same: two trained athletes get into a confined space and try to defeat the other, how they do so is different, and the pay structure is different (boxing's better for the top fighters) and their freedom of where and who to fight is different. to say no one in mma is fed guys is wrong, read the insider sheets and the promoters ACTIVELY try to 'build' stars. the reason why so many mma fights are deemed competitve is in actuality the fighters have similar skill levels and thus are not head and shoulders above their opponents, in boxing there are far more guys who simply hit too hard, jab too fast or cannot be hit on a regular enough basis to lose that only are challenged at the top level. in mma it's not the same, as even a glancing blow can bring down superstars, like georges st pierre losing to matt serra. your post shows a narrow-mindedness or outright lack of research if you think boxing is dying, the ppv figures and live attendance all over the world flatly refute that. and you claiming to not being able to see any quality boxing lately is proof you haven't done any research. you mention guys being given guys they can beat to look good, but two of the up and coming stars in the last couple of months lost convincingly to guys they were 'supposed' to beat in very exciting fights on cable television in juan diaz and michael katsidis.

in summary, we appreciate candid rational discussion, most of us here are fans of both, but the topic is tiresome.

;-)

Cheers boys and girls.

you probably think you're original and the first one to try to pull this shit. the boxing forum on sherdog has hands down the best posters on the entire board, and the folk in the heavyweights forum know this as well. the reason you don't see any "intelligent" responses is cus you're "fact based" troll thread in disguise isn't worth their time.

you can take you're condescending attitude and you're bullshit, limited to youtube level "boxing knowledge" the fuck out of here. you'll get creamed, son. it aint worth it.

weak troll thread lol i give it a 3/10

come back when you can troll a 30+page thread in the HW section, you might have a "shot" trolling here.

I'm glad TUF noobs don't come into the K-1 forum and talk shit. I'd rip em a new one.

Numbers alone don't tell the story. MMA is a much newer sport than boxing is. Boxing is definatly in a decline, at least in my opinion. The days of Joe Louis, Muhammed Ali, George Foreman, Joe Frasier, Mike Tyson, et al is over. Remember when the heavy weigh champ was know by EVERYBODY?

I still like boxing and I still think it takes TREMENDOUS talent to box at a high level... I just think that it's in decline... big time.

Call me a troll all you want.

Numbers alone don't tell the story. MMA is a much newer sport than boxing is. Boxing is definatly in a decline, at least in my opinion. The days of Joe Louis, Muhammed Ali, George Foreman, Joe Frasier, Mike Tyson, et al is over. Remember when the heavy weigh champ was know by EVERYBODY?

I still like boxing and I still think it takes TREMENDOUS talent to box at a high level... I just think that it's in decline... big time.

Call me a troll all you want.

You're right, numbers don't tell the story. What other evidence you got?

When arguing about an issue, you need two things: evidence and a compelling argument.
You don't have either.

You're right, numbers don't tell the story. What other evidence you got?

When arguing about an issue, you need two things: evidence and a compelling argument.
You don't have either.

Actually, as I've stated many times... I'm arguing my opinion and my beliefs about this issue.

Although, nobody else has provided any type of "facts" to go along with their arguments either.

Am I not allowed to have my own thoughts, opinions and ideals?

I digress though.

This area of the site seems to be one sided and unwilling to listen to what anyone else has to offer. At least you stick together though... that is a good quality. Unwavering faith.

Understood.

Your points are valid. I don't agree with them 100%, but they are valid none the less. I'm really dissapointed with boxing, especially in the past 10 years. The most recent Maywhether/DelLahoya (spelling?) fight was, in my mind, a terrible, terrible, terrible fight. See, I'm not one of those people that want every boxing match to end in a KO. That's not boxing. That's two thugs duking it out. But c'mon... that fight was awful. They danced for 12 rounds. There was no winner in that fight... Maywhether just didn't lose as badly.

but thats your fault for being a mainstream idiot who takes what espn force feeds you

anyone who tries to pay attention to boxing and reads the real sources knew that fight would be garbage, but the marquez vazquez trilogy would be brilliant. anyone who gets all psyched up for HWs then gets disappointed got what they deserved. meanwhile you missed great cruiserweight fights.

just a couple quick examples of how someone like you misses the real fights. Are you excited about Cotto vs Margarito?

but thats your fault for being a mainstream idiot who takes what espn force feeds you

anyone who tries to pay attention to boxing and reads the real sources knew that fight would be garbage, but the marquez vazquez trilogy would be brilliant. anyone who gets all psyched up for HWs then gets disappointed got what they deserved. meanwhile you missed great cruiserweight fights.

just a couple quick examples of how someone like you misses the real fights. Are you excited about Cotto vs Margarito?

Umm... Maywhether v DeLahoya wasn't a heavyweight fight. Who's the idiot? I just said that nobody can name the heavyweight champ. Historically the HW champ has been the major draw in boxing. Granted, I find lower weight classes more exciting and skilled, too.

I hope that boxing makes a come back... but they need to lose guys like Don King and re-think their approach to get things back on track.

Umm... Maywhether v DeLahoya wasn't a heavyweight fight. Who's the idiot? I just said that nobody can name the heavyweight champ. Historically the HW champ has been the major draw in boxing. Granted, I find lower weight classes more exciting and skilled, too.

I hope that boxing makes a come back... but they need to lose guys like Don King and re-think their approach to get things back on track.

don king just brought us campbell vs. diaz too bad you missed it.

I'm pretty dissapointed with boxing. I think it's due to that fact that it works with promoters and not an organisation, like the UFC, PRIDE, EliteXC, etc...

The reasoning is that a boxers career is pretty much over if he doesn't go 10-0 to start his career. So, promoters hand pick opponents for their new "up and coming" fighter. They choose guys that they know are going to lose. Except for some big fights, title fights, the outcome of the fight is pretty much predetermined. Once and a while there'll be a shocking surprise and the guy who was supposed to win will indeed lose, but this is an oddity.

Boxing is too corrupt and I can't even begin to understand the "alphabet soup" organisations. It's a shame because a really good boxing match can change the world. Rember the rumble in the jungle? Of course you do. The images from that fight are historic. Yet, these days, I honestly can't name one of the heavyweight champs. Also, when is the last time we had a unified champ? I haven't the slightest clue.

That's why an organization/league works better. A fighter doesn't have to go 10-0. He just has to show up, work hard and put on a good fight. A promoter isn't riding the tails of a single fighter... so the fans win.

Boxing was great, but it's dead.

If it weren't for gambling... NOBODY would care about boxing.
what's the difference between Gary Shaw the boxing promoter and Gary Shaw the mma promoter? If the UFC was so great why isn't Fedor fighting Couture?
...and let's not forget that roger huerta is in the UFC. nothing wrong with letting your blue chip prospect grow.
since we're on the topic of starting 10-0 please look up the career of clinton mitchell on boxrec and tell me what you find.

Back