Boxing gloves

Flex239

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I own a pair of challenger 2.0 boxing gloves and I have wrist pain sometimes when I’m sparring the gloves just don’t feel very tight around the wrists they fit but I’m looking for gloves that are rediculous tight around the wrists something super tight I only want Velcro I tried on a pair of ringside apex they felt decent and also a pair of fighting gloves both were better feeling than mine I am looking for recommendations please I need help!! Within 150$ or lower

have you tried the cleto reyes they seem tight to me ig you do the velco up tight

I’m looking for gloves that are rediculous tight around the wrists something super tight I only want Velcro

Velcro is never going to be super tight in comparison to lace ups. If you absolutely cannot use lace-ups then it may be a good idea to tape up your wrists, then put on wraps. As far as glove models, I've never been super impressed with the wrist protection on velcros, but I have to say that Rivals strap system is one of the better ones and I honestly think my wife's pair of Sabas has pretty solid wrist support, she has the pro series model.

I own a pair of challenger 2.0 boxing gloves and I have wrist pain sometimes when I’m sparring the gloves just don’t feel very tight around the wrists they fit but I’m looking for gloves that are rediculous tight around the wrists something super tight I only want Velcro I tried on a pair of ringside apex they felt decent and also a pair of fighting gloves both were better feeling than mine I am looking for recommendations please I need help!! Within 150$ or lower

Have you tried wrapping your wrists better with your hand wraps? I'd do that first before buying a new pair of sparring gloves. Those things are expensive.

Anyone know which are better to buy out of these for boxing/pad work (and for someone with large hands but small wrists)? 1. Venum plasma 2. Fairtex BGV1 (Falcon) 3. Hayabusa T3

Fairtex bgv1’s will have a roomier hand compartment with a greater wrist support.

Fairtex bgv1’s will have a roomier hand compartment with a greater wrist support.
Oh interesting? Thanks for the reply. I had heard the BGV1's were roomier but thought the Hayabusa's had greater wrist support (were equipped with some double strap or something).

Oh interesting? Thanks for the reply. I had heard the BGV1's were roomier but thought the Hayabusa's had greater wrist support (were equipped with some double strap or something).
I’ve found the hand compartment cramped in the hayabusa gloves that I’ve tried on

Hayabusa and Rival are good options in your price range.

Hayabusa gloves do, in my opinion, have truly excellent wrist support. I hate them for other reasons, but I cannot really fault their wrist support.

Last edited:
Anyone know which are better to buy out of these for boxing/pad work (and for someone with large hands but small wrists)? 1. Venum plasma 2. Fairtex BGV1 (Falcon) 3. Hayabusa T3

I really like Fairtex BGV1 but you need to take in consideration the lack of a grip bar. So people are really put off because of this.

For me, I find that Hayabusa have too much wrist support. I know I am weird lol

And do you have an opinion on the Venum Plasma? I can't find any reviews on them. Any opinions on Venum as a brand then?

And do you have an opinion on the Venum Plasma? I can't find any reviews on them. Any opinions on Venum as a brand then?
Venum is becoming very popular, and some of their equipment is even being made in Thailand. There seems to be a lot of money being poured into the brand and you are seeing it at more places like Glory and Bellator. I personally do not have any experience with the brand from an equipment perspective, only from a few rash guards that I once had that I didn’t care for. That experience is not indicative of the rest of their equipment or my opinion of the gear since they are not the same type of equipment

Hi - one more question. Are Sabas supersoft gloves good for bag work? I understand that they were made in Mexico but rumour has it that they are now being manufactured in Pakistan (causing people to complain about durability). Is it worth purchasing?

Hi - one more question. Are Sabas supersoft gloves good for bag work? I understand that they were made in Mexico but rumour has it that they are now being manufactured in Pakistan (causing people to complain about durability). Is it worth purchasing?
Wouldn’t use on the bag. It’s not a recent issue, either. Neither is it restricted to the Supersofts.

Thank you to everyone that assisted me with deciding on glove purchases. I ultimately decided to purchase the Fairtex BGV1 universal (Red, white, black). As I am not experienced enough nor willing to buy separate gloves for bags and pads yet, I thought this would be a decent choice for all-purpose use.

Excellent choice. I have a pair of bgv1’s currently in my rotation.

Hey guys. I'm back. I just received my fairtex bgv1. I bought these gloves from a reseller as my country's official Fairtex site had all the bgv1's sold out. I read somewhere that genuine Fairtex gloves often come with a holographic sticker on a tag but mine did not. Could this mean the gloves are fake (they seem of decent build quality to me but I'm inexperienced)? Is there a definitive way of checking the gloves are real (any experts?). Sorry if I sound paranoid.

Hey guys. I'm back. I just received my fairtex bgv1. I bought these gloves from a reseller as my country's official Fairtex site had all the bgv1's sold out. I read somewhere that genuine Fairtex gloves often come with a holographic sticker on a tag but mine did not. Could this mean the gloves are fake (they seem of decent build quality to me but I'm inexperienced)? Is there a definitive way of checking the gloves are real (any experts?). Sorry if I sound paranoid.
mine had no hologram either on either the bvg1s or bvg9s and Im pretty sure mine are real

Velcro is never going to be super tight in comparison to lace ups. If you absolutely cannot use lace-ups then it may be a good idea to tape up your wrists, then put on wraps. As far as glove models, I've never been super impressed with the wrist protection on velcros, but I have to say that Rivals strap system is one of the better ones and I honestly think my wife's pair of Sabas has pretty solid wrist support, she has the pro series model.

I dig my RS-11s!

TS- what size gloves do you use? Could you move down a size? Freakishly small wrists?

Back