Boxing gloves or bag gloves?

Vitor12

White Belt
Reaction score
I know most people use boxing gloves and hand wraps when hitting the heavy bag but I just read somewhere that's it better to just use those light bag gloves and hand wraps. What do you guys think?

It's an individual thing and depends what u training for.
If you are training to be a boxer, use the 10oz+ gloves.

If you training for MMA use MMA gloves.

I train for street and MMA, so tend not to use gloves at most times, but if I do, MMA gloves.
Only ever use boxing gloves during hand injury or if someone is training for a kickboxing tourney, then spar with them.

More importantly look at HOW you hit the bag. Theres a million threads on how to punch. I think King Kabuki posted a good one. Look out for any comments from myself.

I've used both boxing and bag gloves, and I prefer to use the bag gloves.

I prefer to use boxing gloves, but it is really preferance because bag gloves are acceptable.

I use bag glove, or sometimes boxing gloves depending on the training. I always wear wraps, and during heavy training, I sometimes use the gel knuckle guards.

Hmm, from my experience, I think hitting the bag with boxing gloves is good, because you build up speed/strength with havin' those 16 oz babies on. Then, when you take off the gloves or use MMA/NHB gloves, man, you'll be a terror.

I'm using the bag gloves right now but I'm thinking of switching.

flyingknee16 said:
Hmm, from my experience, I think hitting the bag with boxing gloves is good, because you build up speed/strength with havin' those 16 oz babies on. Then, when you take off the gloves or use MMA/NHB gloves, man, you'll be a terror.

Not necessarily.

If you not hitting correctly, in a fight without those pillow gloves on you can break your hand without defeating your opponent. What was the point then?

Learn to hit correctly first. Speed and power can be added after in a relatively short space of time.

flyingknee16 said:

yes!

I kinda switch up...It depends on how i feel in the morning before i do bag work... Most of the time just hand wraps + bag gloves...But then ill use 14oz gloves one day and love the way i feel the next day w/ bag gloves on(speed etc)...

id prefer to build strenght in hitting power so i use 16 oz boxing gloves to throw punches. after a while use 8oz mma gloves and you will know the difference!

i use bag gloves
i can't c the diffrence between bag gloves and mma gloves

i use the bag gloves for on the pad because i dont see the need for weighted gloves unless im sparring and need that extra bit of protection

Back