Boxing fans excuses are disgusting

How in the green hell is "boxing in shambles"?

You mean over this result?

The only one who's having a hard time coping is you. With reality.

I've yet to find a single boxing fan that's been the least bit affected by Chavez losing.
The whole boxing landscape is a mess, don't get mad at me.

the truth is Chavez Jr. was totally gassed by the end of the first round. During that round, which he won, he showed he had better hands than Silva. Landed a good left hook to the chin, it was probably the best shot of the entire fight, and if he was bigger and hand heavier hands could have stopped Silva. He was a joke tbh. Who goes on a pro fight in such bad shape that he gasses after one round?
And I am saying this has someone who prefers mma over boxing, never saw Chavez fight before and have Anderson Silva as my favourite fighter of all time.

That being said, would love to see Silva vs Tyson.

<Dany07>

Boxers are A+ level athletes
Mma fighters are F+ bruh

Boxers are A+ level athletes
Mma fighters are F+ bruh
Your avatar bro…
b9381d079806ba3dc7049e4fb2dfa6ba.gif

Boxing fans are often pussies that live in their own insecure bubble. Great sport, my first love, I am a boxer, appreciate its history way more than MMAs. That said their fanbase is mostly delusional idiots that don't respect or know about combat sports and martial arts outside of the sweet science.
A lot of boxing fans imo are something akin to people who like punk music and like to flex on how obscure the bands they supposedly listen to are. Lots of pomp on how hardcore and knowledgeable they supposedly are but most don’t even know what they’re looking at as boxing is often a show of subtleties.

Obviously this doesn’t apply to all enthusiasts.

The whole boxing landscape is a mess, don't get mad at me.

Who's "mad"?

As someone who doesn't know anything about boxing, your opinion is insignificant. It's like a basketball fan getting angry if I insulted the NBA. I don't know shit about it so my opinion wouldn't matter.

The only thing I garnered from this thread which sounds worrying is that a world title could be "illegitimate"
Yes there are paper champs in MMA too, Bisping and Aljo being recent examples, but I dont see "illegitimate" titles. Maybe I am missing something

I've always loved boxing. I think a lot of it has to do with people underestimating Silva's hands because he's an mma fighter. We're used to seeing these boxing matches where the mma guy is either a brawler or the main base is wrestler/bjj. Anderson Silva even for his age still has better reflexes than almost anyone. He's been putting on the boxing gloves for awhile to spar etc..I'd wager to say he did it more than your average mma guy. He's always been a big boxing fan. I'll also add that in no universe has Chavez Jr ever been the athlete A Silva was/is. That name is everything.

Has Jake Paul called out Anderson yet?

Anderson has boxed as an amateur and trained boxing as long as he has any Martial art..

He still went 12 rounds with Canelo a couple of years ago who many boxing fans are calling P4P no. 1, YDKSAB if you don’t understand his defensive brilliance etc.

Boxing shills will always argue that Canelo "carried" him for all 12 rounds. The boxing community has always been super insecure and always in damage control mode.

Their fragile little egos just can't handle that a boxer would get smashed in a somewhat real fight by an MMA fighter.

Insecure.

This is Sherdog boxing shills in a nutshell:

It's a good and surprsing win for andy, but let's not get.carried away. Jr was a bit of a fraud (ill give him that the.andy lee win was great) and has been a lazy drug heads for a lot of years.

All of sudden Chavez Jr become the biggest bum ever to win a BOXING WORLD TITLE.

These motherfuckers will never give a mma fighter props no matter what.

Ngannou can KTFO Tyson Fury next and they will say tyson was back on the coke, booze and depression.

Ngannou knocking out Fury would be a completely different matter. Fury is the current HW champion.
Your post seems to suggest you are angry people don't share your opinion. Most boxing fans, especially some Mexicans would have been rooting for Silva.
It's a tremendous result for Silva but mostly because of his age and his recent defeats.
It's very hard not to like the guy. Although the PED test failures are a massive shame.

You know Sergio is also 46 now and recently came back and knocked out 2 guys last year in Spain (records of 15-6 and 24-7) after retiring 7 years ago.

Could be interesting to see him fight against Anderson Silva, both same age. Or maybe the mexicans could let him spank Jr again. I don't know why he came back, maybe he needs money. :(

Sexy Sergio v The Spider! Make it happen!

Who's "mad"?

As someone who doesn't know anything about boxing, your opinion is insignificant. It's like a basketball fan getting angry if I insulted the NBA. I don't know shit about it so my opinion wouldn't matter.
You seem mad. Don't know why my opinion is triggering you so hard if my opinion is insignificant.

You seem mad. Don't know why my opinion is triggering you so hard if my opinion is insignificant.

I don't know how you can possibly be interpreting what I'm saying as conveying anger. I'm actually quite blase about the whole thing. I simply attempted to explain something to you. If you're not a fan of a particular sport & you know little to nothing about it then you're opinion of it doesn't matter. Again, it's insignificant. You're not going to affect the box office receipts because you'd never buy a ticket & you're not going to affect the television ratings because you'd never watch it. So, to the sport in discussion, you may as well not exist. That's not an insult, it's just reality.

I don't know how you can possibly be interpreting what I'm saying as conveying anger. I'm actually quite blase about the whole thing. I simply attempted to explain something to you. If you're not a fan of a particular sport & you know little to nothing about it then you're opinion of it doesn't matter. Again, it's insignificant. You're not going to affect the box office receipts because you'd never buy a ticket & you're not going to affect the television ratings because you'd never watch it. So, to the sport in discussion, you may as well not exist. That's not an insult, it's just reality.
{<jimmies}

Sexy Sergio v The Spider! Make it happen!

Interesting to think about stylistically but it could never happen because of the size disparity. Silva's a solid 180 plus pounder who has also successfully competed at over 200 pounds while Martinez only weighed 159 for his last fight. Sergio was always a small middleweight. He never actually outgrew 154 he just went up to fight Kelly Pavlik because it was a big-money fight for him & when he won of course he had to defend the title. But he was never a real middleweight. That's why he struggled with so many of his challengers. They all had a physical advantage over him. With the exception of Cotto but by then Sergio's knees were totally shot & he had no legs under him.

Oh, so in other words, you're just being obtuse. That figures. When you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation post a silly meme to avoid having to come up with an actual reply that's not nonsensical. Gotcha.

And no. Still not remotely angry. Just mildly amused.

Interesting to think about stylistically but it could never happen because of the size disparity. Silva's a solid 180 plus pounder who has also successfully competed at over 200 pounds while Martinez only weighed 159 for his last fight. Sergio was always a small middleweight. He never actually outgrew 154 he just went up to fight Kelly Pavlik because it was a big-money fight for him & when he won of course he had to defend the title. But he was never a real middleweight. That's why he struggled with so many of his challengers. They all had a physical advantage over him. With the exception of Cotto but by then Sergio's knees were totally shot & he had no legs under him.

I remember Sexy Sergios career well. That's why I'd like to see it. He's been fighting bigger guys for years. Even Williams at 154 was 6'1 or 6'2.
He boxed Pavliks ears off.

Back