Boxing fans excuses are disgusting

Why does there always have to be so much rampant silliness in threads featuring boxing on this forum? It's like chumming the waters for both sides.

In any case, I was pleasantly surprised to see Silva win. Not really reading much more into it than that as I'm not an expert on boxing or Chavez. Happy for the Spider in his old age.

All of sudden Chavez Jr become the biggest bum ever to win a BOXING WORLD TITLE.

These motherfuckers will never give a mma fighter props no matter what.

Ngannou can KTFO Tyson Fury next and they will say tyson was back on the coke, booze and depression.
I don't remember Chavez winning a legit world title, but I guess he did win a middleweight title 10 years ago (and barely at that.) Honestly it's true Jr. has never been anything more than the son of a legend and a slight step up from a pure can crusher, but he hasn't been worth a damn since Sexy Sergio pushed his shit in (also almost 10 years ago now.) Still Anderson looked great and dominated a still somewhat big name in boxing. Who while shot is still many years younger than him. Silva deserves his props.

I don't remember Chavez winning a legit world title, but I guess he did win a middleweight title 10 years ago (and barely at that.) Honestly it's true Jr. has never been anything more than the son of a legend and a slight step up from a pure can crusher, but he hasn't been worth a damn since Sexy Sergio pushed his shit in (also almost 10 years ago now.) Still Anderson looked great and dominated a still somewhat big name in boxing. Who while shot is still many years younger than him. Silva deserves his props.
You know Sergio is also 46 now and recently came back and knocked out 2 guys last year in Spain (records of 15-6 and 24-7) after retiring 7 years ago.

Could be interesting to see him fight against Anderson Silva, both same age. Or maybe the mexicans could let him spank Jr again. I don't know why he came back, maybe he needs money. :(

You mean the same way MMA fans call a fighter trash or "he never beat anyone decent" as soon as they eventually lose?

The forum didn't have the exact same mentality discussing someone like Tony Ferguson a year ago?
Exaaaaactly, as soon as he loses his double digit winning streak that shit already started.

All of sudden Chavez Jr become the biggest bum ever to win a BOXING WORLD TITLE.

Ngannou can KTFO Tyson Fury next and they will say tyson was back on the coke, booze and depression.

Sherdog does the same thing.

See GSP vs Bisping.

I've always loved boxing. I think a lot of it has to do with people underestimating Silva's hands because he's an mma fighter. We're used to seeing these boxing matches where the mma guy is either a brawler or the main base is wrestler/bjj. Anderson Silva even for his age still has better reflexes than almost anyone. He's been putting on the boxing gloves for awhile to spar etc..I'd wager to say he did it more than your average mma guy. He's always been a big boxing fan.

Has Jake Paul called out Anderson yet?

No way Andy is a horrible stylistic match up for an aggressive guy like Paul. He'd Forest Griffin him.

Not really. The Diaz bros and Masvidal are some of the biggest names in the sport right now. Check how many losses they have.
Those are special cases.. check out the fallout from Tony Ferguson’s losses.. you’d think he was always a can

People call chavez jr a bum for legitimate reasons like: Quiting, showing up out of shape, showing up overweight, throwing matches, poor attitude, and using his dads name to continue this charade to this day etc.

Chavez jr is trash, and there was plenty of discussion about him like this prior to the match up. He probably legitimately doesn't care that he lost in the slightest

One of the only people in this thread with a clue.

Keep equating Chavez with actual active world championship boxers and you'll keep getting same response.

Tim Sylvia was a year removed from being UFC champion with a near 50 year old boxer who knocked him out in 10 seconds... wake me up when any MMA fighter beats a boxer of his size in boxing in the top ten in similar fashion (let alone someone who was the legitimate champion a year prior).

Chavez sucks, Anderson looked great for 46, he won't have a prayer against any good boxer near his weight class. Sorry.

I think you have too much invested in this. AS was a boxer before he was a mixed martial artist. He looked phenomenal. Just yesterday my son boxed his coach. His coach is a USA boxing coach but before that he was a professional mixed martial artist. He showed my son them hands. He is in his 40s and 30 pounds heavier than his fighting days and my son is an undefeated middleweight and he caught my son with some big shots. My son is in great shape (5lbs from his fight weight) and it was humid and hot in the gym. But the old dog can still bite. I have sparred with MMAs and there is a timing and movement awkwardness to sparring them. They throw punches when a boxer would never dream of throwing that shot. Off balance, squared up, feet wrong, still throwing the shot and connecting. You may be worried about this more than AS. As he drove his money to the bank I’d guess he never thought some guy on Sherdog is going to be pissed because I’m not given enough credit. I’m a boxer and I was rooting for the Spider.

You know Sergio is also 46 now and recently came back and knocked out 2 guys last year in Spain (records of 15-6 and 24-7) after retiring 7 years ago.

Could be interesting to see him fight against Anderson Silva, both same age. Or maybe the mexicans could let him spank Jr again. I don't know why he came back, maybe he needs money. :(
No way, Sergio was small for MW (in boxing that's 160lb limit) when he was THE champ of the division almost 10 years ago. Way to big a size disparity for me.

Those are special cases.. check out the fallout from Tony Ferguson’s losses.. you’d think he was always a can

Way more common than boxing but ya Tony got done dirty. He's like 36 at lw though so I get why people are writing him out of contention kinda.

Who cares. I’ve always thought boxing was boring and a ridiculous form of fighting and isn’t a measure of how someone would do in a real fight.

How is it not "not a measure of how someone would do in a real fight"?

I'm a former pro boxer & kickboxer who also has a black belt in Kajukenbo Kempo. And in fights outside the ring, you know how many times I've had to use anything other than my hands? Once. And that was against a "friend" of mine that had a significant size advantage over me who attacked me while he was high on coke & booze. And I wound up having to choke him out. On all the other occasions I finished things with punches.

Anderson comfortably beating Chavez is up there with Mercer knocking out Sylvia, maybe even a bigger as Sylvia came in worse shape and Mercer landed one big blow which didn't didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know it's not like Mercer dominated him or showed he had the superior skillset under MMA rules. A boxer always has a punchers chance in MMA and nothing much more, Anderson dominated Chavez Jnr under his own skillset, absolutely no one saw that coming.

It certainly puts MMA a few steps forward in the Boxing vs MMA debate after the embarrassing Askren loss, which sadly, even exists. Would have been interesting to see how a prime Anderson Silva would have faired in a boxing match, he had some incredibly footwork and head movement in the midst of his career..

Boxing is in shambles

It's fun watching people try to cope
How in the green hell is "boxing in shambles"?

You mean over this result?

The only one who's having a hard time coping is you. With reality.

I've yet to find a single boxing fan that's been the least bit affected by Chavez losing.

Because he is.

junior was shit since his loss against Martinez. he's a laughing stock for boxing fans to be honest since he loves to smoke weed and be lazy in training; not even Nacho Beristain was able to fix him, and while Andy did well he was brought to get beat by junior but in the end you can't buy motivation.

Back