1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Boxing fans excuses are disgusting

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by the big marmot, Jun 22, 2021.

1. the big marmot Blue Belt

All of sudden Chavez Jr become the biggest bum ever to win a BOXING WORLD TITLE.

These motherfuckers will never give a mma fighter props no matter what.

Ngannou can KTFO Tyson Fury next and they will say tyson was back on the coke, booze and depression.

2. Rea_ctor Black Belt

I wouldn't let it bother you mate lol.

pamirec, 1BadMF, noizer and 40 others like this.
  3. sampuncher Red Belt

You mean the same way MMA fans call a fighter trash or "he never beat anyone decent" as soon as they eventually lose?

The forum didn't have the exact same mentality discussing someone like Tony Ferguson a year ago?

pamirec, cade187, DFossum and 41 others like this.
  4. Swarthy Immortal Sorcerer Lo Pan Double Yellow Card

It is legit one guy spamming threads on Sherdog shitting on Chavez Jr.

Every single boxing fan I know enjoyed the show.

5. TheMessiah Black Belt

Im a boxing fan and i agree. However, Ngannou is never knocking out Fury

6. 91 seconds Sideburn Fedor is 31-0

I've always loved boxing. I think a lot of it has to do with people underestimating Silva's hands because he's an mma fighter. We're used to seeing these boxing matches where the mma guy is either a brawler or the main base is wrestler/bjj. Anderson Silva even for his age still has better reflexes than almost anyone. He's been putting on the boxing gloves for awhile to spar etc..I'd wager to say he did it more than your average mma guy. He's always been a big boxing fan. I'll also add that in no universe has Chavez Jr ever been the athlete A Silva was/is. That name is everything.

Has Jake Paul called out Anderson yet?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  7. jx820 Silver Belt

When every fight has to be about sport versus sport instead of athlete versus athlete people who represent that sport and fans of that sport are going to have knee-jerk reactions.

In reality this fight had nothing to say about Nganou versus Fury, or Canello vs Usman let alone what sport is better, but fans like to pretend it did so you're going to have stupid, illogical, bad faith arguments.

8. pick999 Gold Belt

I can see him koing him

9. CasualBot Sherdog Spell Checker

10. Kha'bless Green Belt

Chavez Jr has been known as the most undedicated boxer of recent times and a failure to his father. No one in boxing is surprised Silva won and it was only possible due to Chavez Jr being an unprofessional as usual, not because Silva is some amazing boxer.

11. Kwic Red Belt

He said he would be honored if Anderson fought on his card VS Roy Jones Jr.

12. abject Orange Belt

I find it funny when mma fans get enraged by boxing fans. Its time to get triggered by more important things. Like gsp's hair or Joe Rogan's height.

13. GUY Blue Belt

the truth is Chavez Jr. was totally gassed by the end of the first round. During that round, which he won, he showed he had better hands than Silva. Landed a good left hook to the chin, it was probably the best shot of the entire fight, and if he was bigger and hand heavier hands could have stopped Silva. He was a joke tbh. Who goes on a pro fight in such bad shape that he gasses after one round?
    And I am saying this has someone who prefers mma over boxing, never saw Chavez fight before and have Anderson Silva as my favourite fighter of all time.

That being said, would love to see Silva vs Tyson.

14. SakurabasEar >>>>Gracie Killer<<<< Platinum Member

People call chavez jr a bum for legitimate reasons like: Quiting, showing up out of shape, showing up overweight, throwing matches, poor attitude, and using his dads name to continue this charade to this day etc.

Chavez jr is trash, and there was plenty of discussion about him like this prior to the match up. He probably legitimately doesn't care that he lost in the slightest

15. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

That's how boxing has always been. Anyone who loses is a "bum" and was never any good.

LHWBelt and yookfarb like this.
  16. Fraz WATP

Omg these boxing scum better show us the respect we deserve wtf I'm fuckin livid

17. rear naked ankle pick not very good poster

Boxing>mma

simple as, not an argument

/thread

18. nevernamed Brown Belt

Well. Chavez JR IS a bit of a bum, but that doesn't mean that Anderson's win isn't spectacular. But Chavez chavez'd.. Underestimated Anderson, came in heavy, this isn't his first time.. BUT. It takes nothing away from Anderson's accomplishment.

Mohawk Banditó likes this.
  19. HuskySamoan Black Belt

Boxing fans are often pussies that live in their own insecure bubble. Great sport, my first love, I am a boxer, appreciate its history way more than MMAs. That said their fanbase is mostly delusional idiots that don't respect or know about combat sports and martial arts outside of the sweet science.

20. RayA Brown Belt

It's not too bad if the aftermath matches the prelude. Everybody was taking huge hulking shits on Askren's striking (rightfully so) before his actual boxing match; the narrative didn't change after.

I wasn't following this fight. What was the majority opinion of Chavez vs Silva going into this?