Boxing Discussion VIII

ShoBox card on Friday. Little bit of Wiki capping on this heavyweight bout:

Frank Sanchez Faure (-135) vs Willie Jake Jr. $135.00 for $100.00

On Plant at +200 for the weekend. Those odds have come in

On Plant at +200 for the weekend. Those odds have come in
I really like uzcategui and have never seen plant. Id like to back uzcategui but plant seems to have fought better competition and having never lost worries me.

I really like uzcategui and have never seen plant. Id like to back uzcategui but plant seems to have fought better competition and having never lost worries me.
If you like uzcategui I think you'll get a better line by waiting.

Caleb in no way has fought the better opposition

Not even close

Caleb in no way has fought the better opposition

Not even close

Exactly. Direll is a real name, and Uz dispatched of him twice just recently. The only other blip on his record is the loss to the legendary Korobov back when he was raw and young. In regards to Korobov now seemingly everyone has realized he is indeed a top tier talent after the recent Charlo bout.

Hmm, Caleb Plant broke his hand five months ago, had pins put in and is now 100% recovered he says on the PBC Countdown show.

Hmm, Caleb Plant broke his hand five months ago, had pins put in and is now 100% recovered he says on the PBC Countdown show.
That news evaded me somehow. On Plant at +200 but considering laying off now odds are moving to Uz -150ish

Gerald Washingon +350 vs Adam Kownacki January 26th in a heavyweight bout that could mean title contention for the winner. Washington was beating Wilder before getting caught and doing very well versus Miller too before getting out volumed. The line movement will be in my favor if nothing else. $200 on Washington.

For this weekend
Rigondeaux Under 6.5 rounds at -115 to win 1u
Plant at +200 risking 1u

What are people's thoughts on Pac/Broner and Jack/Browne next weekend? I like Pac but odds have come right in and Jack by decision at first glance

Edit: Betting to win 1u on Jack

Last edited:
Can't really see a path to victory for Washington. He hasn't got KO power and Kownacki will outwork him.

Misleading to say he was beating Wilder when Wilder threw only 5 power punches in the first 3 rounds, warmed up in the 4th, KOd him in the 5th. And most people scored every round but the first to Big Baby Miller in their fight.

I'd be more interested to see the Kownacki decision line.

Xolisani Ndongeni (+2500) vs Devin Haney $40.00 for $1,000.00

Frank Sanchez Faure (-135) vs Willie Jake Jr. $135.00 for $100.00

Jose Uzcategui (-137) vs Caleb Plant $342.50 for $250.00
Jose Uzcategui (-140) vs Caleb Plant $350.00 for $250.00
Jose Uzcategui wins in round 10-12 (+1465) $15.00 for $219.75

Guillermo Rigondeaux/Giovanni Delgado Under 6½ (-120) $120.00 for $100.00

Back