Boxing Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who you liking cr0w we actually have a bunch of near pick ems its a miracle!

Who you liking cr0w we actually have a bunch of near pick ems its a miracle!

Langford on points, still watching fights regarding the others, agreed, nice to see some even match ups and not one sided mismatches.

Eubank Decision +275/3.75 appeal to anyone?

No. Groves will win this.

The size difference in boxing is so underestimated by people, Groves is not only a world class operator, he will be bigger. I also think he can win this fight keeping Eubank on the end of his jab.

I'm on Eubank, also have him as the tournament winner @ 4.00.

How big you going Cr0w?

I wanted to bet Eubank fairly big but the line was wider than i anticipated. Groves does have the size but i defo feel he's slowing a tad and he's had a lot of tough fight fights including his last two.

How big you going Cr0w?

I wanted to bet Eubank fairly big but the line was wider than i anticipated. Groves does have the size but i defo feel he's slowing a tad and he's had a lot of tough fight fights including his last two.

Pretty sizeable, but like you I didn't anticipate the line would be so wide. Eubank gets a lot of flack and discredited a bit due to the dislike some have for him but I think he wins clearly here, especially if he can catch Groves cold early and hurt him. Eubank keeps a ravenous pace and I'm not sure Groves can match it at this point in his career. Don't get me wrong, definitely the biggest and hardest fight of Eubank's career but I think he takes it and looks good doing so.

Pretty sizeable, but like you I didn't anticipate the line would be so wide. Eubank gets a lot of flack and discredited a bit due to the dislike some have for him but I think he wins clearly here, especially if he can catch Groves cold early and hurt him. Eubank keeps a ravenous pace and I'm not sure Groves can match it at this point in his career. Don't get me wrong, definitely the biggest and hardest fight of Eubank's career but I think he takes it and looks good doing so.

I'm hoping some late money comes in on Groves hopefully he looks a fair bit bigger, etc.

The confidence in Eubank in here is literally mental. I can see why people would slightly lean Eubank and I don’t want to discourage anybody from that side but I can’t see the angle.
I spoke to Jamie Cox last week and he said Groves’ boxing and intelligence will be too good for Chris.
He said people don’t give enough credit or attention to the intelligence that makes a world class athlete into a world class boxer.

The confidence in Eubank in here is literally mental. I can see why people would slightly lean Eubank and I don’t want to discourage anybody from that side but I can’t see the angle.
I spoke to Jamie Cox last week and he said Groves’ boxing and intelligence will be too good for Chris.
He said people don’t give enough credit or attention to the intelligence that makes a world class athlete into a world class boxer.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions on it, everyone has their own view, just have to see how it plays out. Froch said he favours Eubank, as does BJS (who thinks that if Eubank does what he thinks he will everyone will be talking about him) , a lot of people including the pros seem to be split.

Exciting clash nonetheless and has a lot of people talking which is great for the sport.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions on it, everyone has their own view, just have to see how it plays out. Froch said he favours Eubank, as does BJS (who thinks that if Eubank does what he thinks he will everyone will be talking about him) , a lot of people including the pros seem to be split.

Exciting clash nonetheless and has a lot of people talking which is great for the sport.

lee has never been in the ring with eubank jr but is going with groves

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/and...s-chris-eubank-jr-could-be-fight-of-the-year/

i already bought george at +175 with the theory of hedging or free rolling as i believe that his jab will win him the first four rounds of the fight. i also bought rds 10-12 on both fighters at +1800 and +1000 thinking that they will both go for the finish until the final bell. should the fight get into the championship rounds the dec could also be in plus money

im not looking too much into the confidence factor. i remember in the mosely forrest rematch vernon was playing basketball for some charity function game and mosely sr thought forrest was crazy taking shane lightly and forerest went on to beat shane just as convincingly in the sequel

I was leaning Eubank..still am I guess but watching his fight with Spike kinda scared me out of placing a wager on him. Dude got hit with some stupid shit in that fight. It was awhile ago though, so if he's able to get Groves on the ropes & fire off with combos & not eat too many bombs he will win but this is an unbettable fight for me tbh I'm just gonna watch as a fanboy.

Devon Alexander (T)KO @ 2.75 vs Victor Ortiz.

Alexander is no concussive bruising hitter but he looked decent after such a layoff and Ortiz hasn't looked good in forever, doesn't have the desire to be in there anymore and like many I wouldn't be shocked to see him quit inside the distance. He was wide open in his last fight with Corral, happy to play it at this price. I don't see him going 12 especially if he's getting soundly beaten.

2u - George Groves @2.55 (missed the 365 2.50 draw no bet option so took marathon at 2.55 which does include draws :( )

beltran ko/tko/dq -150

beltran is fighting for his guaranteed green card should he win this fight so im hoping that he will go for the ko until the final bell even though he is the top rank fighter

i think the 40-year-old namibian may be packing glass as the right hand by acosta did not seem to have much on it and he was also hurt and dropped by 130 klassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back