Boxing: 'Crime boss' Daniel Kinahan still working in the sport

...If you simply arrive and get blocked, it wastes time, is humiliating, and damages reputations.

I think that is part of the game for U.S. authorities,. They also play it both ways, announcing bans for people who likely have zero intention of going to the U.S. anyway, but the negative publicity harms their reputation and business interests.

Bet ESPN kept out the part where they also have a part in this, supporting Top Rank and their fighters that came from DK's MTK.
Years ago, Teddy Atlas went after his employer (ESPN) for being to cozy with particular promotional companies. He wanted them to show more parity.

Golden Boy files Notice of Appeal in Jojo Diaz lawsuit against former manager
"Golden Boy Boxing has filed a Notice of Appeal to the 9th Circuit as it relates to the federal court’s ruling in the Moises Heredia lawsuit against MTK Global, Daniel Kinahan and Golden Boy Boxing. Golden Boy filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit against it stemming from alleged interference with an economic relationship and breach of contract.

The bulk of the lawsuit deals with allegations from Jojo Diaz’s former manager, Moises Heredia, that MTK Global interfered with his relationship with Diaz. He claims that the relationship was severed due to the meddling of Kinahan and MTK Global. Diaz entered into a “business advisory agreement” with MTK while Heredia was still his manager. But, Heredia was blocked off from his business relationship with the boxer."

https://mmapayout.com/2022/05/26/go...-in-jojo-diaz-lawsuit-against-former-manager/

I don’t fully get the whole “wanted, 5m reward” play, as if he’s on the run hiding in some unknown third world underground lair ….. it’s all over the press that the guy lives lavishly and publicly in Dubai, is photographed walking on the waterfront and dining in restaurants with boxing celebs ….. I’m quite sure that if there was a serious international intent to get him, he’d be in custody in a few hours.

Clearly lots of media noise, allegations and accusations, but not much concrete action, for whatever reason I don’t know … not enough evidence, very powerful friends, paying the right people, better the devil you know (and make deals with) … all of the above … ?

Last edited:
https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/i...-now-the-forgotten-man-of-boxing/9438284.html

UFC's Dana says he has many announcements coming up from Abu Dhabi.
Sounds like another Performance Institute. Matchroom’s announcement is for a ‘champion’s series’ and hints at the type of activation Abu Dhabi likes – an ongoing partnership rather than a stand-alone Fury vs Joshua type bout. On fight Island (Yas)...

Sounds like he will be working with Dana who recently got Abu Dhabi citizenship. The questions arise why not work with fellow ESPN promotion Top Rank. And that is because Top Rank boss Bob Arum had called for Kinahan to be entrusted with finding a Middle East location for a potential unification showdown between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua. So now it is left for Matchroom.

Bob Arum had stated earlier : “We have great confidence in Dan (Kinahan). He is in effect our adviser regarding the Middle East. “He is living there and has very, very good connections so we early on ceded to Dan the authority to explore opportunities in the Mideast on behalf of Top Rank … “That is what Dan is looking into because everyone trusts Dan with handling that situation whether it’s Eddie, Frank or myself." “Dan is like the captain when it comes to the practicalities of doing a fight in the Middle East. He is one of my favourite guys. No-nonsense, whose word is his bond.”

Looks like Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom major new boxing initiative in Abu Dhabi is being advised by Dana White now, and Top Rank is staying out of it.

Last edited:
Espinoza is bang on. That's disgustingly hypocritical of Fury to say given the circumstances.

fury is charismatic to some but not very bright at all. He probably doesn’t even see the irony in what he’s said
He should stick to boxing because his mouth/views got him in trouble just after he beat wlad. He was hammered by the media and public after some of his outspoken interviews. I think that was a contributing factor to his mental health/addiction issues

Back