Boxing Community Weigh In On James Toney's MMA Debut (Video)

So why didn't Hopkins tell Couture how he really feels about MMA to his face? De La Hoya's always been respectful of MMA and even tried to jump into the biz w/ Affliction. Bernard and Arum on the other hand.....

P.S. Don't get me wrong. I was a fan of boxing before MMA even existed but I just hate people who make such ignorant statements. Most of what Dana and Rogan have criticized boxing on is true compared to things Mayweather, Hopkins, and Arum have said about MMA. They just feel threatened by MMA's growth in popularity and are just running their mouths with a bunch of ignorant garbage, imo.

Guys with a brain like De La Hoya, Roach, Cotto, Pacquiao, etc. all have nothing but respect and understand that both sports can co-exist in harmony.

So why didn't Hopkins tell Couture how he really feels about MMA to his face?

To not make a scene? I don't know or care. You asked when Hopkins hung out with someone from MMA so I posted a video of him with an MMA fighter.

Guys with a brain like De La Hoya, Roach, Cotto, Pacquiao, etc. all have nothing but respect and understand that both sports can co-exist in harmony.

Just because they don't like or respect MMA doesn't mean they don't "have a brain." Arum's the smartest of the bunch, and Hopkins is the smartest of the fighters you named. De La Hoya and Pacquiao overall are pretty dim guys.

To not make a scene? I don't know or care. You asked when Hopkins hung out with someone from MMA so I posted a video of him with an MMA fighter.

Just because they don't like or respect MMA doesn't mean they don't "have a brain." Arum's the smartest of the bunch, and Hopkins is the smartest of the fighters you named. De La Hoya and Pacquiao overall are pretty dim guys.

"have a brain" maybe wasn't the best choice of words but you can't argue that said statements by Hopkins and Arum aren't ignorant as shit.

So hopkins is the smartest? So I'm assuming you agree with his sentiments that even the best p4p boxers would get their asses kicked in mma? Got it, I thought you were one of the snobs saying elite boxers would run through mma comp, my mistake.

So why didn't Hopkins tell Couture how he really feels about MMA to his face? De La Hoya's always been respectful of MMA and even tried to jump into the biz w/ Affliction. Bernard and Arum on the other hand.....

you know bhop is a partner in oscars company

Dana never disrespected the sport of boxing.

He disrespects how it's ran.

Dana never disrespected the sport of boxing.

He disrespects how it's ran.

he called one of the most respected and skillfull fighters at the moment some unknown but in reality it is all promoting,dana is even friends with arum

All I know is if Toney beats Couture tomorrow it will be the end of any credibility for this queer fighting stuff at least for me.

You chumps pray for a beatdown of Toney because anything less will say something about the UFC that you won't like.

No excuses if Randy loses (of course no excuses if Toney loses either but he is expected to lose, this is Randy's world).

All I know is if Toney beats Couture tomorrow it will be the end of any credibility for this queer fighting stuff at least for me.

You chumps pray for a beatdown of Toney because anything less will say something about the UFC that you won't like.

No excuses if Randy loses (of course no excuses if Toney loses either but he is expected to lose, this is Randy's world).

this

I've never heard any of them say anything but respectful things about it (or most anything, for that matter). other than sometimes talking about its well known problems, nothing but positives.

yeah, the hate seems to only flow one way. Very rare to hear a cagefighter talking smack about the sport of boxing.

What are MMA/ufc fighters thoughts on boxing?
Anyone know?

The majority of them have nothing but the utmost respect for the sport of boxing because they all grew up on it. Even Dana White who's probably met everyone at this point looked absolutely starstruck in this video with Mike Tyson YouTube - Dana White UFC 118 Video Blog w/Mike Tyson - 8/23 . I love MMA now, much, much more then boxing, and being a Canadian, can actually say I love it even more at this point then even Hockey, but if it wasn't for me being a boxing fan as a kid, I doubt I would have taken to MMA the same. Im sure the fighters are in the same boat.

The majority of them have nothing but the utmost respect for the sport of boxing because they all grew up on it. Even Dana White who's probably met everyone at this point looked absolutely starstruck in this video with Mike Tyson YouTube - Dana White UFC 118 Video Blog w/Mike Tyson - 8/23 . I love MMA now, much, much more then boxing, and being a Canadian, can actually say I love it even more at this point then even Hockey, but if it wasn't for me being a boxing fan as a kid, I doubt I would have taken to MMA the same. Im sure the fighters are in the same boat.

Here, here.

It's the pack of 16 - 21 year olds that are making the boxing folk here have their back raised (so to speak).

Don't let them, and their immature attitudes, dissuade you from liking MMA.

They don't speak for mma fans. They're young and they're immature, hormonaly overloaded, little desperately, insecure dicks! There's people like this in every crowd. We were all like that at that age, to some extent. They'll mature.

Back