Boxing Champ ready to dominate the UFC?

www.boxingscene.com/marco-huck-dana-white-meet-talk-possible-ufc-run--94239

Most of us would agree that boxing is a superior sport, but taking a superior athlete and putting him in the cage against lesser thans..........how would Huck fare?

Joking aside Huck could participate in the LHW or HW division.
Now if they give him time to learn grappling, throw some heavy based strikers at him to start with.....are we looking at a future UFC Champ here?

LOL at the MULTIPLE people who completely missed this part

People assume learning grappling only takes a couple months.

Go take a piano lesson, now come back in 6 months and play me some Mozart. I'll be right here waiting....

You must not enjoy a lot of mma fights then as bixing is a part of it just like bjj , and wrestling. Claiming to like mma but trying to hate on an aspect of it doesn't make a lot of sense.

no i dont dislike fights that stay on the feet and may be more boxing oriented. JDS is one of my favorite fighters and he likes to only box, he might throw a kick every now and then but hes a hand fighter for sure.

And yes, i dislike the sport of boxing. that is not hard to grasp

He train his grappling for 3 months but there's guys that been doing it for years.

Why are so many boxing fans bitching on MMA forum? Is boxing so boring?

The same reason us cool kids make fun of you nerds.
Its something to do to past the time.
People assume learning grappling only takes a couple months.

Go take a piano lesson, now come back in 6 months and play me some Mozart. I'll be right here waiting....
GSP wasnt a grappler and he owned decorated wrestlers in the cage.
Alex Gus was a boxer before he came and dominated Jones.
Conor same thing
no i dont dislike fights that stay on the feet and may be more boxing oriented. JDS is one of my favorite fighters and he likes to only box, he might throw a kick every now and then but hes a hand fighter for sure.

And yes, i dislike the sport of boxing.
Why does boxing make u feel inferior?

I really don't think a high level boxer can switch to MMA unless it is very early in their career and they really devote themselves to grappling

We have seen it time and time again you cannot beat the top competition with no grappling game

to what?

Boxing is only 1 aspect of fighting, id rather watch fights with more variables

its like playing basketball but telling someone they cant shoot a 3 or dunk.

The same reason us cool kids make fun of you nerds.
Its something to do to past the time.

GSP wasnt a grappler and he owned decorated wrestlers in the cage.
Alex Gus was a boxer before he came and dominated Jones.
Conor same thing

All those folks spent years honing their grappling ability. Doesn't really help your case.

Dominate is the verb, dominant is an adjective. fuckin hell.

It's all a question of the adaption, how will he react to the other 6 points of contact, and will his athleticism translate into the grappling, will he gas when grappling and only strive during striking or no? Will he wither as soon as MMA pressure is applied? Looking forward to it if his start goes well and isn't just quick KOs leading up to him getting dominated as soon as he doesn't score the under a minute victory.

I really don't think a high level boxer can switch to MMA unless it is very early in their career and they really devote themselves to grappling

We have seen it time and time again you cannot beat the top competition with no grappling game
Mercer did it at 48 years old against the #8th ranked HW in MMA
Dominate is the verb, dominant is an adjective. fuckin hell.

We know. You forgot to capitalize the "F" in fuckin there Einstein

to what?

Boxing is only 1 aspect of fighting, id rather watch fights with more variables

its like playing basketball but telling someone they cant shoot a 3 or dunk.

Yea but boxing is pure and better, mma was cool when it was a specific art vs a specific art.
Now its just wrestling/boxing but the striking is piss poor.
No such thing as mma. You cant train mma, because its not an art.

Also whats with mma fighters gettin beat up in real fights?

P.S.
Mma is a swiss army knife.
Boxing is a machete.

More variables doesn't translate to being better

Yea but boxing is pure and better, mma was cool when it was a specific art vs a specific art.
Now its just wrestling/boxing but the striking is piss poor.
No such thing as mma. You cant train mma, because its not an art.

Also whats with mma fighters gettin beat up in real fights?

P.S.
Mma is a swiss army knife.
Boxing is a machete.

More variables doesn't translate to being better

I thought you were better than this but obviously I was wrong.

The other day some kid on here (I'm assuming it was a kid, maybe 15 years old) told me, "You have NO IDEA how LETHAL mma is!"

That was his justification for saying War Machine will basically run the prison he's in. lol.

Remember that guy who fought in the UFC and he told the some frat boy, "Google be bitch!" at a bar, then the guy punched him in the face? Of course, that was followed by a takedown, then the frat boy actually got on top of the UFC fighter and put him in a headlock. Basically, it looked like an even fight.

Youtube, Cody Gibson.

I've watched the UFC since UFC 1. I'm not new to the sport. But I do know that UFC fighters are marketed as freak of nature killing machines, and they are not. They are very good fighters, who are trained to handle things properly. But to assume a boxer could never learn to avoid a takedown is silly.

Last edited:
Huck isn't competing in MMA until his big paydays in boxing dry up and that could be several years from now.

^^Nac, just a heads up, they used to dub people for posting street fights (if you can even call that a street fight). I don't know if they still do, but it would be a stupid thing to get dubbed over.

Huck isn't competing in MMA until his big paydays in boxing dry up and that could be several years from now.

This is absolutely true. Even as a lesser known champion, he makes way more than he ever would in the UFC.

Huck is a very good cruiserweight boxer, top 3 in the world. Whether he can make the transition to MMA is anyone's guess. I think he could hang in at HW, probably not at LHW.

LOL at a Cruiserweight boxer fighting an MMA heavyweight, he'd be destroyed. You realize Cruiserweight boxers fight at 190lbs??? They are tiny compared to MMA LHW's.

Even at 205lbs he'd be crushed.

His only sensible choice would be to fight at 185lb and Weidman would take his lunch money.

LOL at a Cruiserweight boxer fighting an MMA heavyweight, he'd be destroyed. You realize Cruiserweight boxers fight at 190lbs??? They are tiny compared to MMA LHW's.

Even at 205lbs he'd be crushed.

His only sensible choice would be to fight at 185lb and Weidman would take his lunch money.

The cruiserweight limit has been 200 pounds for at least a decade. Huck lost a close and controversial fight to Povetkin (the man who many consider the #2 HW in the world), so it's not as if he has struggled against larger opponents in boxing (Povetkin isn't a massive HW, but he's 6' 2'' 225 pounds with a genuine punch).

The cruiserweight limit has been 200 pounds for at least a decade. Huck lost a close and controversial fight to Povetkin (the man who many consider the #2 HW in the world), so it's not as if he has struggled against larger opponents in boxing (Povetkin isn't a massive HW, but he's 6' 2'' 225 pounds with a genuine punch).

I agree with what you're saying Jay but size and strength make a massive difference when it comes to wrestling/grappling and clinch work.

Back