boxing and parkinsons

freedom fighter

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
can somebody explain to me why boxing doesn't cause parkinsons?
ali, freddie roach, etc all are boxers and have parkinsons

No no, it was the type of cut medication they used to use that caused the Parkinsons.
Nowadays, cutmen use Adrenaline and Avatene, but in the old days, they used lead-based Monsels Solution, which is now BANNED.

It was unquestionably the best stuff for stopping a cut, but it was dangerous because first, they had to literally use a tweezers and a magnet to pick out the little met@llic bits out of the cut after the fight, but the second more dire problem was the lead eventually migrated to the brain and collected via the circulatory system eventually causing Parkinsons and incontinence too. I mean, the stuff was after all, placed right into the cut right into the blood circulatory system, a clear unfettered blood passageway and conduit directly to the brain.

Thank God the Monsels Solution was finally banned.
Yep, I expect you'll see a huge drop-off in the Parkinsons among current fighters compared to older generations.

Cursed Monsels Devil-brew....

monsels.jpg

EDIT: Similar principle of how cooking in Aluminum pots/pans eventually cause Alzheimers because of the build-up of Aluminum in the brain matter.

Nice to have a doctor on hand to put to end years of debate about this issue. All those paid professionals...apparently not a brain between them. We got it here though.

What a scoop!

yea no kidding..bradlee how did you find this out before the doctors did? im confused.

No no, it was the type of cut medication they used to use that caused the Parkinsons.
Nowadays, cutmen use Adrenaline and Avatene, but in the old days, they used lead-based Monsels Solution, which is now BANNED.

It was unquestionably the best stuff for stopping a cut, but it was dangerous because first, they had to literally use a tweezers and a magnet to pick out the little met@llic bits out of the cut after the fight, but the second more dire problem was the lead eventually migrated to the brain and collected via the circulatory system eventually causing Parkinsons and incontinence too. I mean, the stuff was after all, placed right into the cut right into the blood circulatory system, a clear unfettered blood passageway and conduit directly to the brain.

Thank God the Monsels Solution was finally banned.
Yep, I expect you'll see a huge drop-off in the Parkinsons among current fighters compared to older generations.

Cursed Monsels Devil-brew....

monsels.jpg

EDIT: Similar principle of how cooking in Aluminum pots/pans eventually cause Alzheimers because of the build-up of Aluminum in the brain matter.

is this really true. i guess to validate this you got to look at boxers in the modern era where monsel wasn't used and see if they have parkinsons

A cop I work with is in the beginning stages of Parkinsons......He was involved in a very bad car wreck where his head took a considerable amount of trauma.....His Dr. is adament that this blow/trauma is what caused the disease......So one would think that Yes.....Head trauma can cause Parkinsons...........So who knows ?

Head-trauma can cause Death. Let-alone Parkinson's.

Im sure being blasted in the head for a living can only benefit your long-term health. Toughen you up. Like, prevent cancer and stuff.

Hell, the Quarry family knew they were onto a good thing. So good that they planned to toughen themselves up by sparring without headgear. Genius move, cos the entire family became known for their toughness and how much it helped their post-boxing lives.

Indeed. My IQ has only gone UP since taking up the Sport. As I'm sure you'd agree. lol

How much higher is the incidences of Parkinsons in Boxers compared to the general population?

Is it elevated an insane amount compared to normal people. Like Ali and Roach have it, but I can't think of many others.

Chuvalo was hit in the head more times than anyone can count and hes completely normal, so it probably isn't a complete correlation between getting hit and Parkinsons. Maybe suseptability plus boxing, but not boxing alone. (unless you are stupid about it tho and spar right after a concusion or something)?

Good response bradlee180.

If they down a few cartons of Monsels, eveybody will be on board.

You got to make an appointment to see the doctor. Don't you know anything?

Back