Boxers with the most padded records

Crccr

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
which high level boxers past or present, have seemingly amazing records obtained by fighting low level competition.

Most great fighters fought more tomato cans than greats.

I guess one guy who comes to mind for me is Aaron Pryor but I base this on how great some people consider the guy to be. He really only fought one great fighter in his entire career.

On the other hand though, its not like 140 was some talent laden division when he was active.

George Foreman is another one who comes to mind for me, especially in his comeback.

In before JCC sr.
His record is indeed legendary padded, but he still beats many great fighters.
Many Thai boxers have bunches of cans and journeymen in their record, Pongsaklek comes to mind immediately.

His record is indeed legendary padded, but he still beats many great fighters.
Many Thai boxers have bunches of cans and journeymen in their record, Pongsaklek comes to mind immediately.
It took Chavez quite a while to fight someone decent but once he got in there with Mayweather, he fought enough quality guys to be considered legit.

It depends on what people mean by padded I guess. For me it tends to bring to mind guys with glossy records with little substance.

To bring up a topical name based on tonight's fight: Adonis Stevenson really has very little on his resume. The division sucks right now too though, so there's that lol

Shane Carwin even his height is padded

Definitely Jimmy Wilde. I don't know any of the fighters he fought that were worth of note with the exception of Pancho Villa, whom he lost to.

To bring up a topical name based on tonight's fight: Adonis Stevenson really has very little on his resume. The division sucks right now too though, so there's that lol

Adonis, Kovalev, Ward, Beterbiev, Alvarez, Shabransky, Braehmer.... Strange assessment of LHW by you.

George Foreman is another one who comes to mind for me, especially in his comeback.
He could of been matched up tougher but it wasn't completely padded and he won a title.

Jeff Lacy? Contradicting myself because he won titles too...

Today:
GGG
Kell Brook

Shitty resumes yet obviously talented boxers.

GGG and Deontay Wilder are modern examples.

Edwin Valero is a guy from the not-too-distant past who had an impeccable record (all wins by KO) without fighting much, if any,,quality competition.

Jimmy Wilde and Jack Dempsey would be guys from the more distant past who could be accused of this.

Adonis, Kovalev, Ward, Beterbiev, Alvarez, Shabransky, Braehmer.... Strange assessment of LHW by you.
??? It has the making of something close to welterweight.

Fair points. I guess there's more than I thought to consider. Thanks! Nevertheless, far from diminishing my original point, these clarifications probably add to it.

Everybody has a padded record to some extent. Canelo was like 40-0 before he fought anyone (estimate). GGG's record is padded with above average fighters who aren't in his league. Garcia's record is padded with past-their-best names like Judah, Morales, Malignaggi, and Guerrero.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back