Boxers with God gifted talent

Deontay wilder. He started at 21. Who knows how much greater he’d be if he started much younger like most.

that’s the same for quite a few HWs. Both Whyte and Joshua were late starters. I’d question wilders coaches tbh. They’ve certainly helped him hit the heights but I don’t think they have really given him the tools he needs. If his right hand doesn’t work, he needs a plan B. Hopefully he has some more wrinkles to his game by the rematch, but how much progress can you make in 9 months?

that’s the same for quite a few HWs. Both Whyte and Joshua were late starters. I’d question wilders coaches tbh. They’ve certainly helped him hit the heights but I don’t think they have really given him the tools he needs. If his right hand doesn’t work, he needs a plan B. Hopefully he has some more wrinkles to his game by the rematch, but how much progress can you make in 9 months?
Yeah I suppose that is true in some other cases but the point still stands. Also totally agree about his coaches. I honestly think they’re yes men and just constantly stroke his ego and tell him what he wants to hear rather than what he needs to hear. As a fan of him I’d love him iron out some of his flaws but as you implied,9 months likely won’t be enough time to make real significant changes. I’m curious on what you think about him coming into the rematch at 230. Was it too heavy?

Yeah I suppose that is true in some other cases but the point still stands. Also totally agree about his coaches. I honestly think they’re yes men and just constantly stroke his ego and tell him what he wants to hear rather than what he needs to hear. As a fan of him I’d love him iron out some of his flaws but as you implied,9 months likely won’t be enough time to make real significant changes. I’m curious on what you think about him coming into the rematch at 230. Was it too heavy?

I agree dude, it is mightily impressive for late starters to become world champions. Boxing is a sport that takes forever to master for the rest of us.
Personally I don’t think the weight made too much difference. I think furys game plan took them by surprise and wilder couldn’t make the adjustments. We all thought he was gonna sit back and box him, like he does with all dangerous fighters. They’ll be better prepared this time round. I don’t buy in to this being a foregone conclusion. This is a bigger banana skin for fury than Joshua vs pulev

I agree dude, it is mightily impressive for late starters to become world champions. Boxing is a sport that takes forever to master for the rest of us.
Personally I don’t think the weight made too much difference. I think furys game plan took them by surprise and wilder couldn’t make the adjustments. We all thought he was gonna sit back and box him, like he does with all dangerous fighters. They’ll be better prepared this time round. I don’t buy in to this being a foregone conclusion. This is a bigger banana skin for fury than Joshua vs pulev
It most definitely is a bigger banana skin but the way people are talking is crazy. It’s literally like wilder hasn’t got a shot in hell. Don’t get me wrong I’m picking fury to win but wilder is literally the most dangerous puncher in boxing and anything can happen.Honestly I’m just pumped to watch 2 of the best mix it up again.

For sure, roach said it himself. One of THE most gifted boxers he ever trained. Getting away with sparring hard for 70 rounds a week and nothing else.

Guys like may, loma and roy jones were drilled to death from the moment they could walk. Roy even mentioned that himself in an interview. He doesnt like to be seen as talented. His father beat him into the fighter he became.

You can’t teach those reflexes

Ahmad Kaddour Was a danish boxer who was supposed to be the next big thing, he was on “the contender” with Sylvester Stallone, lost his first fight on the show, and he’s career went to shit, because he started partying with the Hollywood celebs. Dude finished he’s career 27-2 and never won a legit championship.. I’m telling you that dude if he had stayed focused could have been one of the greats, he had fucking talent!

Back