Boxers with God gifted talent

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Jorge Linares is so physically gifted just wish he had the durability.

James Toney

For sure, roach said it himself. One of THE most gifted boxers he ever trained. Getting away with sparring hard for 70 rounds a week and nothing else.

Guys like may, loma and roy jones were drilled to death from the moment they could walk. Roy even mentioned that himself in an interview. He doesnt like to be seen as talented. His father beat him into the fighter he became.

Roy Jones and Muhammad ali

They could do things differently than anyone else

You would never teach anyone to fight like them

Roy Jones was created from relentless abusive training from a very young age, he wasn't born that way. Ali had a gift.

What Wilder has accomplished without learning how to box is incredible

Much of that is down to Physical size and gifts, not talent. Would he have been a champion in any other division in boxing? I very much doubt it! He’s physically gifted more than talent imo. Doesn’t make his success any less incredible though, considering he isn’t a very good boxer

Hopkins- combination speed
Canelo- durability, instinct, power
Wilder- right hand power
Jones jr- speed
Fury- combination speed, instinct
Floyd- boxing iq, stamina
AJ- power
Loma- iq, instinct
Tyson- power, killer instinct

Etc, most boxers at the top end imo have a trait that helped get them there

Benitez_a.bmp

Pacquiao's straight left was the most obvious punch in history and still unstoppable for the most part because of in and out speed. Unteachable.

"My god what a left hook" Lampley on De La Hoya. His short arm punch left hook was similar to Pacquiaos straight left.

RJJ at 168 was the scariest fighter of all time and untouchable p4p...his combination of speed and power at that weight was unparalleled. The boxing acumen made it completely unfair.

James Toney had the best natural boxing instincts ever. Plus he was made of what amounts to human diorite. Basically the BJ Penn of boxing plus work ethic.

what about George Foreman? haven't people said his punches were very powerful, not in a fast dynamic way, but just 'thudding' i guess and delivered a lot of damage

Back