Boxers who have increased power as they moved up in weight?

Ah, the "Floyd was on PEDS" thing again.

The IV Floyd got was administered by WADA (or USADA, whichever it was) and confirmed to be a non issue by NSAC. Let it go. Pac lost.

Didn't disclose it until after the fight but was still given a "retroactive exemption" 18 days later for using a

So what's your opinion on a fighter who has a clause in his contract with a drug company that if he/she fails a drug test, the company isn't allowed to release the results?
Lets see copies of the contract. Otherwise, you're lying.

That is weird. Have you seen this contract?

I would say what would be the point of drug testing?

I could see the slim cases where somebody was innocent that you wouldn't want the public to jump to conclusions but again that is weird.

Seems like a pr move of a just in case

There were heavy rumors of Floyd allegedly failing 3 drug tests and having it covered up because of Haymon's relationship with USADA. That he's been given these "retroactive exemptions" multiple times. Here's an article that lays out some really shady points on Floyd's relationship with USADA.
http://larrybrownsports.com/boxing/floyd-mayweather-usada-failed-drug-tests/273147

Now, even with all that, Floyd hasn't had a drug test released publicly where he failed. So, he gets the benefit of the doubt in my book. I think that's fair even though neither him nor his crazy fans gave the benefit of the doubt to Pac, who has also never failed a drug test.

Lets see copies of the contract. Otherwise, you're lying.

Never said I had it. I asked him a hypothetical question just as he asked me.

And YOU accusing someone of lying?? Eh, considering your history around here that might be the most laughable thing I've seen in a while.

the stuff really does seem to be bad for athletes though. It's funny, right before Kevin Randelman died I thought of how the early mma fighters are at an age where we'd be seeing this kind of stuff. Mark Coleman had a gofund me for medical stuff from fighting. Kimbo slice was on a list for a heart transplant, chris leben also has a bad ticker, although that's probably from different drugs than PED's. like I said before, some of those guys must really want attention because they don't get paid that well, treated that well, respected by their trainers, managers and promoters and then there willing to do things to cut their lives in half too? Doesn't make sense, and in the boxers case, it still doesn't make sense, if you are a billionaire and won't live to enjoy it what's the sense?

the stuff really does seem to be bad for athletes though. It's funny, right before Kevin Randelman died I thought of how the early mma fighters are at an age where we'd be seeing this kind of stuff. Mark Coleman had a gofund me for medical stuff from fighting. Kimbo slice was on a list for a heart transplant, chris leben also has a bad ticker, although that's probably from different drugs than PED's. like I said before, some of those guys must really want attention because they don't get paid that well, treated that well, respected by their trainers, managers and promoters and then there willing to do things to cut their lives in half too? Doesn't make sense, and in the boxers case, it still doesn't make sense, if you are a billionaire and won't live to enjoy it what's the sense?

Holy shit I never knew Kevin Randleman died. Jesus, that news flew way under the radar.

A lot of athletes would take a pill that would give them a 10% boost and take years off their lives. It's not clear cut to say die at 50 rich or at 75 broke as a joke.

A lot of athletes would take a pill that would give them a 10% boost and take years off their lives. It's not clear cut to say die at 50 rich or at 75 broke as a joke.
maybe they would, I think it's sick myself. People are too competitive in this society, at least when it comes to stuff like that. I can say I wouldn't mind dying in a fight, I honestly wouldn't, in fact, i'd probably rather die in a fight than just about any other way. But I think the desperation people have to go outside of the bounds to get an edge, you know, like tonya harding did to nancy Kerrigan? something is sick about that, just craven desperation. Also, I guess roids really must be as bad as they say, lots of people are dying of heart attacks, they said kimbo had a tumor on his liver along with the heart problems. Athletics is supposed to at least be partially about health and fitness so it's sort of a desecration of sporting ideals. Still, I am not sure about whether they should be able to take them or not, I just wish they would have everything out in the open.

Never said I had it. I asked him a hypothetical question just as he asked me.

And YOU accusing someone of lying?? Eh, considering your history around here that might be the most laughable thing I've seen in a while.
I just figured since you always make absurd demands (copies of Tim Bradley's xrays and his doctors name, a list of all the posters who said certain things in regards to particular arguments) that I'd turn it around on you but like most things you encounter on a daily basis, it went over your head.

There were heavy rumors of Floyd allegedly failing 3 drug tests and having it covered up because of Haymon's relationship with USADA. That he's been given these "retroactive exemptions" multiple times. Here's an article that lays out some really shady points on Floyd's relationship with USADA.
http://larrybrownsports.com/boxing/floyd-mayweather-usada-failed-drug-tests/273147

Now, even with all that, Floyd hasn't had a drug test released publicly where he failed. So, he gets the benefit of the doubt in my book. I think that's fair even though neither him nor his crazy fans gave the benefit of the doubt to Pac, who has also never failed a drug test.

I never thought seriously that Floyd would be a guy who used but I have read that he smoked a joint with Mike Tyson, I'm of the belief that if you do one drug, you'd do another. But, I never thought Floyd had any need to take any of that stuff, he never really needed an edge that bad. Then, I guess you could say the same for RJJ and we know he got caught once and it was brushed under the rug.

Jimmy Ellis
that's almost funny, Jimmy did make it to heavyweight didn't he, but he was a small one. story was that he had his tonsils removed and he gained weight, it didn't look like real weight to me though, nothing like Holyfield. Any fighter can drink a lot of water and pork out for awhile, Duran could have fought at heavyweight many times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back