Boxers that let their ego's or fame take over

Julio Cesar Chavez. yes im mexican but this guy defently let both his fame and ego take over, he was the best at one point in time but then just kinda of let it all go

whats pacquiaos lifestyle like? i know he ran for congress, but does he really party hard? from what i seen he only does karaoke and play pool. Is that even partying or letting off steam? is he a drinker or something?

whats pacquiaos lifestyle like? i know he ran for congress, but does he really party hard? from what i seen he only does karaoke and play pool. Is that even partying or letting off steam? is he a drinker or something?

ttt

roys downfall had nothing to do with ego. he was uninterested in competing for many years, he often didnt enjoy the sport, he was weary of getting hurt or hurting other fighters after McLellan suffered brain damage. and he had the skill to get by while being uninterested. and it took moving up to HW, then boiling back down to LHW to end his reign

Pac's fame is unreal in the Philipines. He came from absolutely nothing, its very hard for him to find a balance with that and keep focused. hes married but there have been lots of rumors of him fucking around with some famous broads, He also likes gambling ALOT. in maxboxings interview from a few weeks ago he said hes giving up the drinking and gambling for a while.

Of the three you listed, Manny Pacquiao is already certified Hall of Fame material. He's on a legendary run and if he decides to retire now, he will still be first ballot IMO.

As for the other two fighters... Overrated. Naseem had power, but his awkward style can only carry him so far. A top technician exposed him and he was done.

Acelino Frietas? Don't even get me started. The regulars know well enough how much hatred I have towards him. I am repulsed just by the mention of his name. Speed and decent power was his saving grace. Weak technique, flawed chin, and lack of heart was his downfall.

unfortunately, bowe does suffer from a speech impediment as well as slowing of motor skills, which doctors say resulted from excessive blows to the head

shame too, i liked him

Julio Cesar Chavez. yes im mexican but this guy defently let both his fame and ego take over, he was the best at one point in time but then just kinda of let it all go

i'd say it was more his age than anything

the guy fought for years

though one of the best in his prime, once he got up in age, you could see his diminished skills

Michael Nunn. We all got wind of the jail for coke story later on but who knows when that all started. He never regrouped after the Toney loss and it seemed obvious that something was amiss.

I think a boxer is at his best when he is not famous and is hungry as hell,I think its kinda sad when this happens.I think boxing is a sport were a fighters prime is gone really quik inless they stay focused and dont let their ego get ahead of them.

A list of a few guys I feel had this happen to them

1.Prince naseem hamed,I used to love princenaseem hamed,when I was a kid I thought he was the shit.He had power and was very cool character(something like punchout)he over looked
mab and we never seen him again.

2.acelino freitas,he had power and was good,too bad his heart was not in it.he really lost focus and paid the price IMO his career could have been better.a ko loss to jaun diaz officaly ko'd his career

3.manny pacquaio,his life is crazy and I'm amazed he is still able to do what he does given the kinda lifestyle he lives.The guy partys all the time and has his hands in alot of shit,I really feel he will retire soon or lose becasue he clearly has lost his focus for the sport.

anyways their is way more out their but I want to hear what you guys say

totally disagree with the naseem hamed thought. his arrogance cockiness made him the fighter he was... and remember his only loss was a decision on a hall of famer in barrera

"Mr. Bowe, could you please tell the court why you kidnapped your family at knife point."

"Duh....uh. Teh brain damage made me duh do it."

that is pretty damn good excuse. people with neurological and or mental problems can do very irrational things.

Tyson was half a nut case all his life i'm sure. Cus just happened to be the one guy that could keep the leash on him. I don't know if the wealth hurt him because if he hadn't had it he'd probably be in jail or eating out of a garbage can. At least he has a roof over his head for the time being now.

Tyson was half a nut case all his life i'm sure. Cus just happened to be the one guy that could keep the leash on him. I don't know if the wealth hurt him because if he hadn't had it he'd probably be in jail or eating out of a garbage can. At least he has a roof over his head for the time being now.

definately a case of kevin rooney and mike jacobsitis... he rocked under these two

Naseem Hamad was so fucking cool. Can't believe what happened to him.

Anyone got any news of a comeback or something on that little chipmunk?

Naseem Hamad was so fucking cool. Can't believe what happened to him.

Anyone got any news of a comeback or something on that little chipmunk?
yah he was cool but I think it was a good idea to stay retired,he was 5'4 had a weird style that relys on quik reflexes ,he would have faded very quik and didint have enough power or size to be a lightweight or even a jr lightweight,I hope he never comes back because its better for his legacy and the sport

Balboa let fame go to his head until Apollo stepped in to straighten him out. Nothing like a good run on the beach!

David Tua, was big in both stature and bank account long before he should have been. I've detailed it a few times, but the mother fucker was well into million dollar paydays LOONNNNGGG before he should have been.

Back