"boxers fracture anyone"? I just broke my right hand AGAIN!

I know exacly how you feel man, I broke my hand 2 times same spot. The first break, i hit my sparring partner and he blocked with his elbow and i hit his elbow and broke it even through the 14 oz gloves, and the second time i broke it about 2 weeks getting the cast off in one of my kickboxing bouts. The guy bent over after a kick and i nailed him with a overhand right on the top of his head and broke it again. Lets just hope u dont do it again. hhaha hope it heals fast man.

i broke my left hand during a throwdown. fucked up for 3-4 months, i didnt go to a doctor, and maybe because it was wrestling season.

Joe Calzaghe seems to break his hand every fight he has, last time i saw him fight he broke it early on, all he could do was jab & he ruled the guy.
You're probably not interested & i know it still sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

I broke my 5th metacarpal in a fight last week :(. Some big skinhead tough guy picked a random fight and headbutted my friend. I snapped (literally) and took him down with a right hand (think it hit his eye area, his eye was really badly swollen after the fight) then laid into him with my left. Ironically it was the first right hand punch that resulted in the break. I didn't feel a thing at the time and didn't realise for about an hour that my hand was starting to swell up. Anyway now I have my fingers strapped and I can't do any weight training or box for a few months. Any ideas how I can prevent the loss of all the work I've put into strength training during my rehabilitation? I don't want to lose any size or strength and have to start again. I was considering using a cable machine and strapping the cables to my wrists.

I've done it to both hands. Both times drunk and mad at a girl on a door/wall. Defianately dumb moves on all our parts but whatever. I refuses cast/surgery both times. Took 3 months off, ice, ice, ice and it feels fine. Left hand was a lighter break so it only took a couple weeks. Every now and then, it will be real sore when I wake up or hurt hitting the bags but a quick rest with the gloves off always helps. I wont quit drinking :)

Back