"boxers fracture anyone"? I just broke my right hand AGAIN!

filthynumber1 said:
check link out

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/upperfx/g/boxers.htm

i broke mine in a fight outside a nightclub here in Calgary back in April. My hand swelled up and looked just a big ball of swelling. I went to the hospital and the doc (orthopedtic surgeon) told me i had what is referred to as a boxers fracture and i needed surgery. I had to have a temporary steel pin drilled thru the side of my hand and casted for 6 weeks. They pulled the pin out after I got the cast off and my hands was pretty fuckin sore. k whatev right. well the other night i jokingly punched my friend in the shoulder (drunk of course) and broke the same bone all over again. the doc is not to impressed to say the least and neither am i.

now i have to have a cast for 10 - 12 weeks... fuck me

sorry. ranting over. flame away cuz io deserve it
Well the whole middle finger signature is a bit telling about your personality. Time to get some humility and get a grip. Save your energy for the battles worht fighting. But i did the same thing twice so i understand...
...just be grateful noone got hurt seriously and your not involved with the justice system because like Tank says "loser goes to the hospital winner goes to jail." Me i'd rather be with my chic than sharing a cell anyday...
...let it heal totally...this is a great time to work on your kicks and cardio and stuff...
...if you got anger management problems and still want to party try weed instead of alcholhol...weed=relaxed and friendly, alcohol=hospital, prison, or worse

ya i had boxrs fracture too. got into a fight broke my hand, but the other guy lost his 2 front teeth(have a good christmas). i didnt have to have surgery, but learning how to wipe ur own ass with ur bad hand is like being someone who doesnt know martial arts.

Damn that sucks man. Was the hand supposed to be fully healed since the cast was removed or were your still supposed to lay off for a bit? It'd suck if the bone was supposed to be fuilly healed.

Timbaland said:
Damn that sucks man. Was the hand supposed to be fully healed since the cast was removed or were your still supposed to lay off for a bit? It'd suck if the bone was supposed to be fuilly healed.
i was supposed to take it easy and i was until the other night. fuck i regret getting into that fight back in april more than you'll ever know :(

filthynumber1 said:
i was supposed to take it easy and i was until the other night. fuck i regret getting into that fight back in april more than you'll ever know :(

Same thing happened to me, once it is broken, it seems to happen every year now, really sucks going through the same thing time after time

i've broken mine 9 times..."boxer's fracture" too...same freaking bone...guess it'll never be the same...the first time i broke it punching a pay phone at the police station (yea, i know)...the other 8 were in street fights or the boxing gym...it sucks.

when you guys break your hands in these street fights, do you notice it during the fight? or do you not feel it until after the fight because of all the adrenaline? and do you usually win these street fights when you break your hand?

thaikicker33 said:
when you guys break your hands in these street fights, do you notice it during the fight? or do you not feel it until after the fight because of all the adrenaline? and do you usually win these street fights when you break your hand?
i didnt notice it until i was in my buddys car on our way home and thats when the pain set in. The doc figures i broke it early in the fight and just kept swinging with not knowing it was broken thus causing more and more damage.

Ahaha i know this guy who started breaking bricks when he was drunk and the next morning he woke up with a headache and went out and played in our football game the next day.

Street fights aren't necessary but they are fun sometimes as long as nobody pulls shit out. Nobody likes seeing someone bring a knife to a fistfight.

This is why my trainer won't let guys into the gym for a LONG TIME if he finds out they got in a street fight. He says, "I guess they aren't that serious about training."

ZiggyZigga said:
Street fights aren't necessary but they are fun sometimes as long as nobody pulls shit out. Nobody likes seeing someone bring a knife to a fistfight.

You and I see eye to eye.

haha you idiot. i broke my hand once and i garuntee i will never break it again unless im knocking someone out.

I did the same thing, not nearly as bad a break though. What did happen to me is that the knuckle dislocated. Worst day of my life was when it dislocated in a match. I had to lay down on my back, while the trainer straddled my arm and pushed the knuckle back into place with both hands. I'm pretty sure that it hurt worse than child birth.

thaikicker33 said:

This is what happened when I broke both of my hands at the same time. I saw this kid walking down my street, and I knew he had stolen my brothers bicycle earlier in the day. I see him and I lose it but my parents and friends wouldn't let me outside to beat his ass so in frustration I punched my bathroom door which happened to be solid oak. I broke my right hand hitting the door, I felt it brake but all it did was make me more mad. So I went to my bedroom window and saw him out there with his girlfriend taunting me. I ran downstairs and out the front door before anyone could say anything, once I got outside I chased him around to the side of some car parked on the street. I hit him once with my right hand, I won't say it hurt but I felt it so then I just hit him with my left and kept hitting him until he went down. I think is was probably the second punch that I broke my left hand on his head, but I didn't know it at the time. I was probably about 2 hours later I asked my mother to bring me to the hospital because I knew at that point that I had broken both of my hands.

I just re-injured my third metacarpal (middle finger).. "fighters fracture". Now isnt it kind of weird that a boxer's fracture is the last two metacarpals and a fighters fracture is the second and third... Seems to me like a boxer would know which are the right knuckles to hit with, and a regular "street" fighter would not. The way the medical field has labeled these fractures has always seemed a little backwards to me

i'v been ina few street fights and i'v neva broken my hand i dont know how the hell u guyz do it...i dont drink much so i neva really ina of being drunk ina fite but i punched a cement wall once when a guy ducked under my punch my knuckles were purple and my hand wuz really sore and my wrist hurt like hell...but neva broken anytin

thaikicker33 said:

i have broken my right hand twice, both times in street fights..you hit the nail on the head, your adrenaline is going so much you cant feel shit, and are just concentrating on killing the other guy..the second time i broke it, about 3 weeks ago, i shattered it so bad i felt sick to my stomach the second i landed one of my last punches..i had full mount and was laying into some juicehead, when he turned on his belly cause his face has getting it so bad..i didnt stop punching, i couldnt..and although it feels good to fracture some punk's orbital, you hate yourself in the morning when you need $6,000 surgery and are out of work, collecting unemployment for the next few months..god knows when ill be back in training..i am stickin to headbutts and elbows from now on..

fdupnct said:
This is what happened when I broke both of my hands at the same time. I saw this kid walking down my street, and I knew he had stolen my brothers bicycle earlier in the day. I see him and I lose it but my parents and friends wouldn't let me outside to beat his ass so in frustration I punched my bathroom door which happened to be solid oak. I broke my right hand hitting the door, I felt it brake but all it did was make me more mad. So I went to my bedroom window and saw him out there with his girlfriend taunting me. I ran downstairs and out the front door before anyone could say anything, once I got outside I chased him around to the side of some car parked on the street. I hit him once with my right hand, I won't say it hurt but I felt it so then I just hit him with my left and kept hitting him until he went down. I think is was probably the second punch that I broke my left hand on his head, but I didn't know it at the time. I was probably about 2 hours later I asked my mother to bring me to the hospital because I knew at that point that I had broken both of my hands.

that really must have sucked. how did you wipe your ass?

p.s. when i broke my hand, i didn't feel any pain, i just knew i connected with something heavy :icon_twis

immediately after the fight my hand swelled a little, then i started saying "i think my hands broken"

then after 10 minutes my hand was the size of a balloon.

i got to drive home with a stick shift afterwards

Back