Boxer's beware!

^ That's not that realistic though. I don't just hold my arms like that when someone throws a body level kick, I drop my elbow so it's braced against my body and crunch my side or I thai wall. The only thing you'd hit with your foot would be my tensed lat.

^ That's not that realistic though. I don't just hold my arms like that when someone throws a body level kick, I drop my elbow so it's braced against my body and crunch my side or I thai wall. The only thing you'd hit with your foot would be my tensed lat.

You could be right. I've personally had good success with hitting people right there, and I think the hit is painful enough that it makes the target timid. I am happy to hit dead into armor with that kick. I find it works.

I'm not a fighter though so maybe it wouldn't work on tougher people. This is just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Most arts assume knowledge of others.
I remember all the antikickboxing we did in ninjutsu, for some reason kickboxers only step forward, plant their weight and throw a punch without returning it to their guard.
I also learnt how to counter a kickboxer by kicking his ankle. Useful as a premeditated attack but come on, who will be quicker at kicking? The guy who kicks 100 times in a couple of minutes or 5 times in the same space?

Ninjutsu was fun but not readily applicable before doing it for years IMO.

thats the dumbest fucking thing ive ever seen, that guy should be chemically castrated

Like SAMAAG said, side-kicking the forearms of someone when they hold the kind-of peek-a-boo stance works quite nicely.

The inside shin kick works if someone comes in with a long jab from outside range and steps in long with the lead leg, inside kick with your foot hooking in behind their angle and you can almost pull them into the splits.

And you'd be surprised how many people actually fall for the "hands up" distraction, although I only ever use one hand so I have one defending in case they don't bite :icon_lol:

When ever I do a boxing guard my teacher would push them in my face.they say in mt hands out.

"What the shit" is a pretty accurate statement.

Hands up = big mistake. Well IMO hands down = big mistake because I can push the guys fist and make him hit his balls.

Still hurts like a beotch. It's a deep stabbing feeling. And it really eats away at the arm if you get hit there. And while its easy to say this or that for one technique or a counter, everything requires setup :D

Back