Boxercise gym vs boxing gym

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you don't intend on sparring anytime soon and settle with boxercise gym, can you still get good technical instructions in the boxercise gyms and make clear improvements?

I know how to do shit but I still want to refine stuff.

Last edited:
Depends on the coach. A lot are crap. Some are really good.
This.

most financially successful boxing gyms have to have a big cardio boxing program to stay afloat. The good ones use this extra capital to help fund their fight team. Occasionally you’ll find guys who know how to box working in cardio places for the money, and they can help you out too.

This.

most financially successful boxing gyms have to have a big cardio boxing program to stay afloat. The good ones use this extra capital to help fund their fight team. Occasionally you’ll find guys who know how to box working in cardio places for the money, and they can help you out too.

It doesn’t say anything about learning how to box so I guess that's it for me

Why not just join a boxing gym and not spar?

I would if there were any good ones. They are either astronomically priced, or have trainings in basements with zero ventilations, or are in gangster neighbourhoods.

bad neighborhoods and poor looking gyms tend to have the best fighters and coaches when it comes to boxing

While I dig old school gyms, my body doesn't recover. I just took an allergy test that revealed I have the lungs of a 21 year old (I'm 31) but my immune systems collapse after the sessions. I get constant minor infections and can't get any consistency. I don't notice anything during training but around 24 hours later I get sick.

Suppose I do strength training for 6 months and then bag work, will that dramatically improve my consistency in power and form hitting the bag?

Back