Boxer Andre Berto offers to help Rousey

I guess she's so bad at boxing that it's taking so many people to help her.

Ronda needs a MMA coach. No amount of boxing training is going to help her. She needs to learn set ups and get the fight to the floor. Holly will always remain the better striker then Ronda no matter what.

"She needs to focus more on her boxing and cutting off the ring."

That right there was all I needed to hear from berto. They are not fighting in a ring. Good luck cutting off the octagon. lol boxers dont know shit about mma.

A good boxer helping her with her footwork would help her cut the ring. A better jab would also help her close distance to get her TDs. Why can't she get a good MMA coach and help from some great boxers? Guys like GSP use both all the time

Ronda needs to get back to her grappling and judo and have just enough boxing to cut off the octagon and close the distance. Also, Ronda brings in a lot of people to train with so bringing in Berto wouldn't be out of the ordinary. People that think Edmund is teaching her everything are stupid. She just had a poor game plan of chasing Holm around and that's exactly what not to do against a counter puncher with over a decade of pro boxing experience.

But thats what she has always done and does to get her TDs. She has never fought another way, and with her coaching i doubt she knows how

Well, that is nice and all, but I really think that Ronda needs to get back to her base .. which isn't to say that she shouldn't also work on her boxing, but she is never gonna met Holly's level there, I don't care who is training her. Ronda needs to be that Olympic level Judoka again ..

Well, that is nice and all, but I really think that Ronda needs to get back to her base .. which isn't to say that she shouldn't also work on her boxing, but she is never gonna met Holly's level there, I don't care who is training her. Ronda needs to be that Olympic level Judoka again ..

Did you even watch the fight? Have you ever watched Ronda fight? She TRIED to close the distance and clinch, but Holm used counters and footwork to stop her. Ronda fought like she always fights. Bull rush with sloppy punches, get clinch to a TD. Problem is Holm wasn't there (or was waiting with a counter) after the bull rush so Ronda couldn't clinch much.

Better footwork and a good jab can help her close the distance better. Better boxing can help her with that. Its not about out boxing Holm, its about having the basic boxing skills to get to Holm so she can use her Judo

Did you even watch the fight? Have you ever watched Ronda fight? She TRIED to close the distance and clinch, but Holm used counters and footwork to stop her. Ronda fought like she always fights. Bull rush with sloppy punches, get clinch to a TD. Problem is Holm wasn't there (or was waiting with a counter) after the bull rush so Ronda couldn't clinch much

Well, that is a ridiculous question ..

A very OUT OF FUCKING SHAPE Ronda tried to close the distance and clinch, and was out muscled when she should not have been. Chubby wanna be boxer Ronda showed up to fight Holly .. Ronda needs to get back in top shape, with a heavy focus on her base, work on her footwork and head movement, and then she will have a chance in a rematch.

He's not 38 like Mayweather. He's still only 32 and didn't look that bad in the Mayweather fight.

I already said It's not about being famous on sherdog. Ronda is still a celeb right now doing movies, SNL and commercials.

If you announce that you're offering to coach her then you're going to be in the news everywhere just like Mayweather, De La Hoya and Roach were.

Go google Andre Berto news right now, He's got articles about him on bloody elbow, fox, tmz, etc.

Right im sure him offering to help someone blew up all over the place, but thats they day and age we live in. Anyone who talks about Rousey will be in the news. If he's asked about it in an unrelated interview and says he's willing to help her I don't think its jut an attention grab. Idk Im not so paranoid that I look at everyone as having ulterior motives for everthing they do ALL the time. Mainly just based off the fact that Berto is set, without even having to mention her but he's always come across as a genuine guy over the years. I've followed the majority of Bertos career and he's been on a downward slope for a long time now. He's been close to retirement for a while and even hinted at it after his loss to Soto Karass.

He's still a name in the sport and like I said he'll have a few more fights, it seems like he's gotten a little more back in his groove and just off of being the last guy to fight Floyd will make him a desired opponent. But he's nearing the point of calling it a day. I can see a Joshua Clottey type situation happening, where he has enough in the bank that he doesn't really have to fight anymore. He'll come back for a few more then call it a career.

Well, that is a ridiculous question ..

A very OUT OF FUCKING SHAPE Ronda tried to close the distance and clinch, and was out muscled when she should not have been. Chubby wanna be boxer Ronda showed up to fight Holly .. Ronda needs to get back in top shape, with a heavy focus on her base, work on her footwork and head movement, and then she will have a chance in a rematch.

But Ronda being that "Olympic level Judoka again" is not going to beat Holm. She needs to get in shape, yes, and she needs to use her Judo to win along with some solid boxing to give her the chance to use her Judo. There is no "again" that will have her beat Holm. She needs to become a well rounded MMA fighter. Something she has never been

Just because Berto is a fringe contender in boxing that doesn't mean he'll make a good coach.

If all she needed to learn was cutting the cage she could just go to JoJed for help.
Still better than her current coach

I suppose it would be an interesting move to accept his help. It's an interesting story, that a boxer is helping Ronda out to get ready to fight the champion Holly, assuming she will still be champion by then.

But as for her boxing actually improving in a few months to the point she can make her judo more effective in the next fight against Holly, that is what I don't believe will happen.

Anyway, when is Berto going to fight again? His last one was back in September. His fight with Floyd was a bit of a flop as far as PPV so he must be looking for an opponent, I guess he could fight Algieri.

Just because Berto is a fringe contender in boxing that doesn't mean he'll make a good coach.

If all she needed to learn was cutting the cage she could just go to JoJed for help.

Most boxing trainers are fringe contenders at best. He's a good guy, who has been sorounded by combat his whole life. I can see him being a good trainer.

Back