Boxemag international MuayThai & K1 award 2014

J

Julius_Caesar

Boxemag has started a poll to vote who you feel has been the best international fighter of 2014 and the winner will win an award. Its come down to several fighters: Sittichai, Buakaw, Yodsanklai, Saenchai, Enriko kehl and a few others. Currently sittichai is in the lead with buakaw coming in second. I think its for both MuayThai & K1 so if anyone's interested in voting:

http://www.boxemag.com/index.php/ki...ds-section-stand-up-votez-pour-votre-champion (scroll down to the bottom of the page for best international fighter). There are a few other polls but not sure what they are for since its in french.

I would give Sittichai an award for his achievements lately, but in general this poll sounds a bit noobish. There is more to these sports than a few popular, marketed names.

I would give Sittichai an award for his achievements lately, but in general this poll sounds a bit noobish. There is more to these sports than a few popular, marketed names.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Not sure why Nong O was in it. Hes only had like 1 international bout.

What about Sangmanee, Panpayak, Ristie, Thaksinlek, Levin, Tanonchai? Seems like the creators of this poll discovered Buakaw and Yodsanklai 8 years ago and didn't bother to educate themselves about what happens in the sport ever since.

If you look at the amount of wins and the opponents then sittichai over Levin. Levin should definitely be scored higher then he is but I don't think he should be chosen over sittichai. Your choosing Levin over favoritism more then anything which I dont blame you. That's what most people do...

If you look at the amount of wins and the opponents then sittichai over Levin. Levin should definitely be scored higher then he is but I don't think he should be chosen over sittichai. Your choosing Levin over favoritism more then anything which I dont blame you. That's what most people do...

I always praised and supported the young Sittichai. Yes, I like Levin more and I consider him a top class kickboxer, his footwork is like in boxing. Levin is winning tournaments at the highest possible pressure. That"s why. I"m sure Levin is undisputed number 1 of the division, while Sittichai in my opinion if he enters Glory now he would be fifth or so (with a small note that Buakaw isn"t there) - he could only threaten Kiria especially and RvR in opinion but not Ristie and Petrosyan. I know the Europeans probably had some problems with the China travel, but I have the feeling Sittichai would beat Murthel again though Groenhart is unpredictable.

Sittichai would be second. I mean why skipping Artem? He"s supreme in Glory. And in 2013 he wouldn"t have received this award. I would give the award to an undisputed fighter.

I always praised and supported the young Sittichai. Yes, I like Levin more and I consider him a top class kickboxer, his footwork is like in boxing. Levin is winning tournaments at the highest possible pressure. That"s why. I"m sure Levin is undisputed number 1 of the division, while Sittichai in my opinion if he enters Glory now he would be fifth or so (with a small note that Buakaw isn"t there) - he could only threaten Kiria especially and RvR in opinion but not Ristie and Petrosyan. I know the Europeans probably had some problems with the China travel, but I have the feeling Sittichai would beat Murthel again though Groenhart is unpredictable.

Sittichai would be second. I mean why skipping Artem? He"s supreme in Glory. And in 2013 he wouldn"t have received this award. I would give the award to an undisputed fighter.

Yes you are probably right but this a 2014 award for MuayThai and K1. Not the award for Glory. I was basing my decision on the amount of fights, wins and competition. The fact that sittichai has some good wins in both MuayThai and K1 this year is the reason why I picked him. Whilst Buakaw hasn't faced good enough competition to be ranked as high as he is on the list.

This Buakaw nonsense is out of hand indeed, but you're saying Thaksinlek should be worthy of a "International muay thai fighter" award? Comeon

This Buakaw nonsense is out of hand indeed, but you're saying Thaksinlek should be worthy of a "International muay thai fighter" award? Comeon
Not necessarily, but he is active and successful, he deserves to contend for this spot, Buakaw, as much as I like him (much more than Thaksinlek btw) can't just take every award based on western popularity.

Yes you are probably right but this a 2014 award for MuayThai and K1. Not the award for Glory. I was basing my decision on the amount of fights, wins and competition. The fact that sittichai has some good wins in both MuayThai and K1 this year is the reason why I picked him. Whilst Buakaw hasn't faced good enough competition to be ranked as high as he is on the list.

Glory = old K-1. Levin didn"t even fight this year in MT. Is this an award for both kickboxing & Muay Thai rules combined? 85 kg is probably poorer than MAX but Levin is undisputed champion in Glory winning even that hard tournament (IN 2014), while Sittichai didn"t meet yet a better opponent than Groenhart. If you know what I mean, he could clean all the Glory division why not but Levin is proven. He"s even the number 1 in the world at his weight class.

But if you want a combined award of both kickboxing and MT, then Artem shouldn"t even be on the 2014 list. He didn"t fight in Muay Thai.

Not necessarily, but he is active and successful, he deserves to contend for this spot, Buakaw, as much as I like him (much more than Thaksinlek btw) can't just take every award based on western popularity.

I agree that we should recognize quality stadium fighters instead of Buakaw and what people generally consider to be the best.

However a guy who's gonna win an "international fighter" award should have somewhat popularity with the international community first. Thaksinlek is big in the stadium circuit

Glory = old K-1. Levin didn"t even fight this year in MT. Is this an award for both kickboxing & Muay Thai rules combined? 85 kg is probably poorer than MAX but Levin is undisputed champion in Glory winning even that hard tournament (IN 2014), while Sittichai didn"t meet yet a better opponent than Groenhart. If you know what I mean, he could clean all the Glory division why not but Levin is proven. He"s even the number 1 in the world at his weight class.

But if you want a combined award of both kickboxing and MT, then Artem shouldn"t even be on the 2014 list. He didn"t fight in Muay Thai.

Not sure what its for but it says MuayThai and K1 so who knows. All I know is in 2014 sittichai won the 147lb lumpinee title and won 2 K1 tournaments so that should stand for something.

Not sure what its for but it says MuayThai and K1 so who knows. All I know is in 2014 sittichai won the 147lb lumpinee title and won 2 K1 tournaments so that should stand for something.

I doubt, because then Levin shouldn"t be on the list. He didn"t fight in MT in 2014.

Back