BOX squats

Mod was right- your all-caps name is annoying.

Ya I like box squatting and recommend it

wtf?? lol, why is it so terrible lol.

all caps on the internet is yelling

so you come into a room and shout IM HERE YO :)

lmao

"I'm WORKOUTGUY and I want a GODDAM HAMBURGER!!"

i dont really like box squats. i think they should be used but not as a main stay. maybe for gear its more beneficial though. i dont know.

You just started 5x5 a week ago. Just stick to it. You can start doing more advanced exercises and switching things up when progress slows.

and you wonder why you were flamed to start a log....

really, with the simple answers you get do you think these questions are worth asking?

but no, if the 5x5 is an appropriate program for you then box squats are probably not appropriate for you.

and you wonder why you were flamed to start a log....

really, with the simple answers you get do you think these questions are worth asking?

but no, if the 5x5 is an appropriate program for you then box squats are probably not appropriate for you.

Whats wrong with this question??? cmon man i was reading the article thats in the faq and he syas thats all they do, so i was wondering if its ok to replace aquats with boxx squats.

but its not about me, its about squats and if the two are replaceble and if anyone has done them. was under the impression to keep stuff about me in the log. sorry man.

Stick with regular squats. Period.

Making excuses to not do them will only hurt you down the road. The squat is your lord and master and should not be trifled with.

Stick with regular squats. Period.

Making excuses to not do them will only hurt you down the road. The squat is your lord and master and should not be trifled with.

Trifle reminds me of truffle.

Carry on...

And yes, stick to normal squats for now.

but its not about me, its about squats and if the two are replaceble and if anyone has done them.
This question is just as much about you as "Is it okay to yell in the gym?"

Its just another silly question.

No, squats are not replaceable by box squats. If they were don't you think you'd see a lot more people recommending box squats? Really, use some sense.

Y'all seem pretty hateful toward box squats. Joe deFranco recommends them OVER back squats even in his WSSB program which is clearly a novice program. They help with form and take the stretch reflex out of the lift. They are even better for new lifters because of the first point.

im not hateful at all towards them. im just speaking out of personal experience.

Back