Box Squat Form Check

thats awesome. but noone gives a shit, because all of your posts are dumb as fuck and you need to read the FAQs before you start suggesting shit to people.

my 4 years of box squating twice a week >>>>> what ever box squating experience u have.

i know what i was tought.... feet shoulder width, chest out, hips back.

if you wanna do it a nother way . . . do it, but if get a sore back,
sore neck, or lose your balance while doin em, its your own fault.

from reading your post, the only reason you werent even doing box squats. Your coaches just put a box below you to make sure that everyone was squating deep enough. I have read several of your posts that are simply dumb as shit. I will go and quote you if i need to, but i dont think i do. PLEASE just read the FAQs. You will learn more about strength there than you did 4 years at high school football practice.

my 4 years of box squating twice a week >>>>> what ever box squating experience u have.

Just touching the box = not a box squat, you have to pause so you can get the "static overcome by dynamic strength" effect (did I get that right?)

Obviously, they didn't teach you how to spell.

Just touching the box = not a box squat, you have to pause so you can get the "static overcome by dynamic strength" effect (did I get that right?)

I agree. A pause is always involved during the box squat, usually about 1-2 seconds tops.

Thanks to everybody, Especially MiAOU,

I did those squat vs my regular free squat trying to learn how to sit back..Anyway with the message i got and the comments i think i keep on working my free squat, anyway my form seems better on regular back squat !

Thanks again!

Not trying to get you down or anything, but after 4 years of box squatting 295x 1 is the best you got?

some kick ass info in this thread. If I were teaching you to squat, I'd want you on your heels more, but I'm very much a SS lifter/coach. I really like the low bar squat, mostly because it feels better to me anatomically. Some (underlined on purpose) of you guys are spot on.

Why do you need a spotter in a squat rack?

because (unfortunately) coaches don't teach students how to bail weight, or that it's ok to even do so.

Last edited:
different people.

Not trying to bash but different people here!

Yes im the op on this one..295x1 not sure about form so why the hells i should go to 335 or more with shitty form...

I have way more then 4 years of training, my back squat pr is at 315, i also did some kind of what i called high box squat at 350 but that when my weight was at 210!
Right now im at 187 ...

Not trying to bash but different people here!

Yes im the op on this one..295x1 not sure about form so why the hells i should go to 335 or more with shitty form...

I have way more then 4 years of training, my back squat pr is at 315, i also did some kind of what i called high box squat at 350 but that when my weight was at 210!
Right now im at 187 ...

Yeah, dude. I was just trying to make that poster understand that he was flaming the wrong person. I think you are doing the right things. No hate from me.

well at my high school we lifted pretty heavy . . . they tested to see what our max
was that we could do one time, then made us do reps of slightly lighter weight.

we always lifted on the border line of not being able to come back up... so it was nessesary.

paid off tho . . . my football team was 15-0 (43-1 in my 3 years of varsity), state champs, and #3 in the nation. :icon_chee

That's nice. But for those of us with a power rack, it's not necessary to have a spotter when box squatting. Can't get off the box? Simply dump it forward. Just make sure you have the pins set at an appropriate height.

You need to sit back farther bro. On box squats you wanna make sure your shins are vertical.

Yea another big thing is you want to keep the weight on your HEELS not your toes. You should be able to lift your toes off the ground and still be able to squat. When people put their weight on their toes (probably 70 percent of people i see doing squats), It adds excess stress on the knees. Its also alot easier to lift the weight on your toes (not good form). Thats why you see tons of 150lb kids saying they can squat 235 their first few times ever squatting. YEAH RIGHT.

Back