Bovada opens Mousasi -250 fave over Carneiro....

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Surprised they opened this alone by themselves.Im going to say itll be adjusted to around-350 or even -400.I happen to agree that the 14th ranked Carneiro is a tougher fight than Gegard s last 2 opponents.If u want a chance and u think Mousasi is winning then id bet at Bovada at a very bet-able -250.This probably wont last long, imho.

Carneiro is a live dog at maybe -350 but not -250. I agree it will be up near -400

I don't see moose losing this, if anything I see this as an attempt by the ufc to try and get him back in title range, his record alone is quite marketable

I don't see moose losing this, if anything I see this as an attempt by the ufc to try and get him back in title range, his record alone is quite marketable

Ufc and fans want Mousasi v Belfort in worst way but trt Belfort wanted no part of moose--trtless Vitor probably looks at Mousasi as a probable beating(not in vitors favor).He beats Vitor in his current winning streak then I can see him getting title shot.

I guess they're taking into account how badly Jacare outgrappled Gegard in their last fight, but I'd be amazed if Moose didn't win this fight pretty comfortably.

Ufc and fans want Mousasi v Belfort in worst way but trt Belfort wanted no part of moose--trtless Vitor probably looks at Mousasi as a probable beating(not in vitors favor).He beats Vitor in his current winning streak then I can see him getting title shot.

That would probably be the easiest MW title we've had in a while. Honestly though it's the only way I see him getting a title shot. I personally hope he never gets one. He's not going to beat Weidman or any other champ for that matter. He's a good MW but he's just not at that championship level.

Definitely weird that they opened it by themselves...and that low.

Gegard usually handles guys that are below him...or at least wins a decision without much issue...

That would probably be the easiest MW title we've had in a while. Honestly though it's the only way I see him getting a title shot. I personally hope he never gets one. He's not going to beat Weidman or any other champ for that matter. He's a good MW but he's just not at that championship level.

You've just earned that avatar of yours, well done to you sir. ;)

Know cu
Lol'-u dont think a guy like Mousasi wont evolve after that Jacare defeat....He ,now, is in the best shape of his life.Look at Werdum,rda, tj.Your misguided in your thinking.I agree because of style s Weidman a bad match up ffor Gegard and e would lose but whoknows ?Gegard,imo, better than vitor and romero.I could definitely see him besting Jacare in a 3rd mstch up.
Youve been bashing Mousasi on here for awhile so your opinion has but a few drops of wster in the glass.
He s ranked in the top 25 p4p so bad could he be ?
Lol

Just for the record, I dont think raziel82 post was a complement.

Depends on which mood Mousasi is at.

Know cu
Lol'-u dont think a guy like Mousasi wont evolve after that Jacare defeat....He ,now, is in the best shape of his life.Look at Werdum,rda, tj.Your misguided in your thinking.I agree because of style s Weidman a bad match up ffor Gegard and e would lose but whoknows ?Gegard,imo, better than vitor and romero.I could definitely see him besting Jacare in a 3rd mstch up.
Youve been bashing Mousasi on here for awhile so your opinion has but a few drops of wster in the glass.
Lol

If he was going to develop a solid grappling game I think it would have happened by now. It's been his Achilles heel for 10 years at least.

Depends on which mood Mousasi is at.

Let's take a look at his moods over the years:

Nervous as hell:

00_GEGARD_crop_exact.jpg

Supremely confident:

20110716-1297-1311011709.0.jpg

Finding out a family member just passed away:

1323289703_top-5-fighters-to-beat-jon-jones_5.jpg

Full of rage:

Gerard-Mousasi-0411-Strikeforce-01.jpg

Jumping for joy:

mous141252-415x415.jpg

Mousasi wins this and his fans will hype him up as the real deal once again.

If he was going to develop a solid grappling game I think it would have happened by now. It's been his Achilles heel for 10 years at least.

Mousasi has a solid grappling game...i think he underestimated souza and paid for it.He carried his weight for almost 3 rounds and defended well uuntil he just gave Jacare his neck which surprised me......we'll see when they fight for a third time which will happen.

Know cu
Lol

Your right he could evolve just like RDA and TJ. What your doing though is pointing out the rare times that things like that happen and saying maybe Mousasi can do it. Your forgetting about the countless times guys never evolve and just stay at the level they are. So could Gegard Mousasi at the age of 30 suddenly could evolve into the guy who wont get taken down and worn out by Jacare sure anything's possible. What is the most likely scenario though? This was a guy who when he got into the UFC said he was barely even training before. I'm sorry but a guy with that sort of mentality rarely ever reaches the championship level.

I think he's better then Vitor to but that's not saying much anymore. As far as Romero? Maybe that guys unpredictable sometimes and with his age his body could break down at any moment. I never said he was bad to begin with I said he's a good MW he's just not championship level.

Your right he could evolve just like RDA and TJ. What your doing though is pointing out the rare times that things like that happen and saying maybe Mousasi can do it. Your forgetting about the countless times guys never evolve and just stay at the level they are. So could Gegard Mousasi at the age of 30 suddenly could evolve into the guy who wont get taken down and worn out by Jacare sure anything's possible. What is the most likely scenario though? This was a guy who when he got into the UFC said he was barely even training before. I'm sorry but a guy with that sort of mentality rarely ever reaches the championship level.

I think he's better then Vitor to but that's not saying much anymore. As far as Romero? Maybe that guys unpredictable sometimes and with his age his body could break down at any moment. I never said he was bad to begin with I said he's a good MW he's just not championship level.

Fair enough of your opinion but I disagree 100%...I think Mousasi is an elite fighters-right now he might be towards the end of the rungs of the elite latter but still elite.He has changed his training in significant way so we'll see happens......maybe he'll never become chsmp because of the sharks at 185(him being one of them) but I do see him getting his shot at title.There are alot of elite fighters thst never get ufc title....again , we'll see what happens.

Back