Bouncing out the hole?

Incredible achievements.

Back on topic though; I was hoping if you could shed some light on how your athletes squat in this regard? Do alot of them bounce/"dive bomb" like Shane did for that squat and rebound out of the hole? Are knee problems common with this group?

@Keith: You say rebounding out the hole is detrimental for the knees; but it seems like a lot of powerful squatters (I was surprised to see a PL squat executed in this manner!) do rebound out the hole! Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I would say that this is a big difference between accelerating out of the hole and bouncing out of the hole. I have always gone down under a lot of control, making every attempt to stay tight, and ( this is going to be hard to describe) but just before I reach the bottom, I am already pushing upward, which helps me brake, hit the bottom without a lot of downward momentum to overcome, and I find that its much easier to explode from a near motionless point, then from a moving position---probably not explaining this very well, but doing my best

K

Back