Bought a freezer, want to buy a quarter or half a beef.

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there done this? Was it worth it?

I've wanted to do this forever.

Please share any experiences you've had or tips.

29ljkpi.jpg

Sounds like a good idea. Just don't accidentally unplug it for 2 weeks like I did to mine.

I have a couple times, but I really only like tenderloin so I threw all the rest away.

I call the neighbor and tell him what I want.

I do it whenever I need beef. It comes from the family farm. Also have another 2 deepfreezers for moose/deer/elk.

My friend Lucy did it once, her friend Ethel helped, her husband Ricky got pissed, so Lucy went to the local butcher shop and sold the meat...

It's a great idea if there's some good farms around you that you can purchase from. Quater lasted me roughly a year. I don't eat a ton of beef though. Got it from a family owned local farm. They treat the animals well.

I got half a beef for you right here, wait no.. it's a full beef, full beef dammit! I don't have half a beef

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I do it every couple years. Related to a cow farmer and I split a cow with him when he butchers his, got a quarter last time. Just had a steak tonight.

It's worth it for me because it ends up being cheaper than buying meat from the store and I find the meat's better quality.

Last edited:
Yeah I do it every couple years. Related to a cow farmer and I split a cow with him when he butchers his, got a quarter last time. Just had a steak tonight.

It's worth it for me because it ends up being cheaper than buying meat from the store and I find the meat's better quality.
cowboy-shaking-head.gif

Back