Both Stipe and Demetrious deserve rematch.

As someone said before ‘Deserves got nothing to do with it.’

Its about what sells the best which is why people like me hurt the legitimacy of title fights as i often advocate or at least watch ppvs with what i wouks classify as undeserved rematches.

My opinion is that the only deserved immediate rematches are ones where it was a draw, controversal decision or a long term champ gets eeked out.

I believe that excluding highly controversial stoppages (ie Rumble vs Burns) or stoppages that are a freak injury (Randy vs Vitor II), an immediate rematch isnt warrented.

Stipe looked like a can and got crushed.

Nobody cares about midgets.

The end.

DJ deserves a rematch. Long term dominant champion, controversial decision. Stipe less clear. Defending champion but not really long term champion and got KO'ed.
125 has no other legitimate contenders . Cejudo shouldn't get a superfight at 135. He hasn't earned that.
I'd say either DJ rematch or Benavides. If they want new blood at 125, then they need to make DJ an offer to fight Cody and make it worth his while. I would like to see him at 135 for a few fights and then go back to try to get his title.

Back