Both main and co-main of ESPN debuts show what MMA is compared to other sports.

MMA is a legit sport.

The only problem is that the largest and most prominent MMA organisation - the UFC - does not behave like a legit sports organisation.

If MMA does survive the next 20 years it won't be because of the UFC.

Criminals who get life time bans from their sport. Welcome to the UFC.

MMA is a legit sport.

The only problem is that the largest and most prominent MMA organisation - the UFC - does not behave like a legit sports organisation.

And UFC is not only the largest one - it's the only one important , and it sets the course for the whole MMA and its perception in the world.

Co-main:
Greg Hardy, thrown from much more known and established sport in American Football for domestic violence, lands in MMA.
What does he do in MMA, in front of a huge audience? Blatantly breaks the rules. Shows exactly what kind of a sportsman he is. Gets praised by UFC.

Main:
OK, nice short fight between two champions, one beat the other one...OK. Wait, what does the president of UFC says? Ah, that was a horrible stoppage? And not even one nice word about the winner, who's supposed to be one of the best MMA fighters on the planet? Hmm OK.

So what do we have here?
- MMA being a sport for thugs, rejected from other sports for all the right reasons, which prove their thugishness again on a big screen;
- Bad officiating, both from sanctioned bodies and high authorities in the organizations.

Welcome to MMA, ESPN viewer. In case you only heard of it but never watched - this is how it looks like.
Enjoy your stay.

I can't argue against that.

If thinking that helps your self-esteem, then sure.

Your posts are a hard evidence.
You speak like a child who did not hit puberty yet, and you show zero interest/knowledge on MMA.
You just come to threads to troll and to flame.

Should of been Cain and ngannou on the co main and they should of stacked the main card more considering it was the first ESPN show. Cerrone fight Cain fight the flyweight main event and maybe one other big name fight would of been perfect to stack the main card with talent.

Should of been Cain and ngannou on the co main and they should of stacked the main card more considering it was the first ESPN show. Cerrone fight Cain fight the flyweight main event and maybe one other big name fight would of been perfect to stack the main card with talent.

I don't think Cain was ready to fight this Saturday.

Anyway, the problem is not with matchups. PVZ is a very fun fighter to watch, and her looks add fuel to the fire.
Cerrone-Hernandez, I think was put as prelim main fight on purpose - to attract the crowd to preliminary. That's why they gave them full press conference, too.

The problem is with UFC doing what they do today, and the problem of MMA is that UFC ways are not a problem for UFC themselves.
What UFC does profits them, hurts the sport image, but last thing UFC cares about is an evolution of a sport nowadays

Your posts are a hard evidence.
You speak like a child who did not hit puberty yet, and you show zero interest/knowledge on MMA.
You just come to threads to troll and to flame.

You sound very insecure. I didn't know you would get this upset from the truth. Once again, keep lying to yourself if that makes you feel better.

You sound very insecure. I didn't know you would get this upset from the truth. Once again, keep lying to yourself if that makes you feel better.

What truth exactly? You're just talking crap. That's all you do here, that's all you do in all this forum.
You have no business to discuss in MMA whatsoever, you're just a troll. Do you really think someone would get upset with you? Your opinion is irrelevant to the whole world.

Thats cage fighting dude,I dont think they re trying to change golf fans to the new MMA fans

People like to throw that line around "it's cagefighting". You know what else it is? Mixed Martial Arts. It's not absurd to expect some professionalism and budo from the sport or its combatants.

Unfortunately the UFC has not embraced this and prefers to push fake "beefs", money fights and social media shit talking over Martial Arts.

People like to throw that line around "it's cagefighting". You know what else it is? Mixed Martial Arts. It's not absurd to expect some professionalism and budo from the sport or its combatants.

Unfortunately the UFC has not embraced this and prefers to push fake "beefs", money fights and social media shit talking over Martial Arts.
Lets be honest,who wants his son or daughter to be a cage fighter???Nobody right???This sport is just too brutal,too wild most of the humans,yeah we love the sport thats for sure but that doesnt change the truth

What truth exactly? You're just talking crap. That's all you do here, that's all you do in all this forum.
You have no business to discuss in MMA whatsoever, you're just a troll. Do you really think someone would get upset with you? Your opinion is irrelevant to the whole world.

You're clearly upset lol. And when did I "troll" you?

You're clearly upset lol. And when did I "troll" you?

Every response of yours in this thread is blatant trolling.
Going grossly offtopic, having nothing but childish insults, infantile language - brainless troll is detected from a mile away

ESPN is drawing the MMA fans, they already have boxing which does have shit refs and judges, Dana is probably the only one promoter to talk that much tho, i mean, he does holds all the fighters its win-win for him all the time, i dont see Oscar De la Hoya complaining that much when a fighter gets a not so great call from the ref, even if this one was actually right, only that Dana didnt want Cejudo to win tho.

Back