Social Border agents just apprehended convicted child molesters and an MS-13 member at the Texas border...

Except they got into this country illegally already since they were already convicted of crimes which was molesting kids.
How can you idiots argue so disingenuously?
The wall would cost 5-10 billion dollars. We spend about 100 billion a year on illegal immigrants. It's easy math.
Lol @ 5-10B

https://www.politifact.com/californ...trumps-border-wall-cost-same-one-and-half-us/

• In July 2016, Bernstein Research, a firm that analyzes material costs, put the price tag at $15 billion to $25 billion, for a wall that stretches 1,000 miles and is 40 feet high, which was Trump’s initial desired height.

• In January 2017, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell said the wall would be $12 billion to $15 billion.

• In February 2017, a leaked report from the Department of Homeland Security put it much higher, at $21.6 billion.

• In April 2017, the Democratic staff of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee said in a report that costs could soar to nearly $70 billion — not including the significant costs and legal resources required for land acquisition.
Peters’ spokesman Jacob Peters said the congressman used the $21.6 billion estimate because it "comes from the internal report done by the Department of Homeland Security."

But we're the idiots . You ever get tired of being wrong?

But we're the idiots.
Yeah you are. Poltifact isn't a reliable source, and it doesn't surprise me the Dems are exaggerating the cost of the wall. Even if it were 20 billion, that would still save America in the long run when it comes to illegal immigration costs, because if millions more cost it will cost much more in the long run. And if ICE can deport millions of illegals after the wall is up then we can save even more in the long run.

Yeah you are. Poltifact isn't a reliable source, and it doesn't surprise me the Dems are exaggerating the cost of the wall. Even if it were 20 billion, that would still save America in the long run when it comes to illegal immigration costs, because if millions more cost it will cost much more in the long run. And if ICE can deport millions of illegals after the wall is up then we can save even more in the long run.
Poltifact is directly quoting government agencies which have drafted reports and other memoranda including homeland security .Tell me again how wrong I am . Jesus christ you're dumber than a wall

Do you have walls for your dwelling? Do you lock your door?

Do people have ports of entry in their homes where the vast, vast majority of drugs, guns and people pass through and if they did do you think they would give a crap about locking their door before fixing the problems at the ports of entry where the problems were coming into their house?

Do people have ports of entry in their homes where the vast, vast majority of drugs, guns and people pass through and if they did do you think they would give a crap about locking their door before fixing the problems at the ports of entry where the problems were coming into their house?

They have doors... kind of like ports of entry. They just move a little differently. Amiright or amiright?

They have doors... kind of like ports of entry. They just move a little differently. Amiright or amiright?
No.

Because that would suggest the bulk of the people and problems entered most homes by ways other than the doors.

You close and lock the door in your house and you have shut out by far the way most enter.

You put up the wall and the way the most enter is still the ports of entry and the vast, vast bulk of the problem has not been addressed.

Again I would ask, if people had homes where the vast, vast amount of problems coming into the house were not coming in via the door would they be worrying about putting in a door with a lock before addressing where the actual problems were coming in thru.

If the below was your house and you kept getting robbed would your first point of order be to put in a door with a lock blowing most of your budget while not paying the proper attention to where most of the problems are originating?

house-with-no-walls-stock-illustrations_csp7159425.jpg

Walls don't do anything, that's why people still build them. Right?

Stop posting.
You are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with this debate. That you think a wall will "slow someone down enough" such that authorities can swoop in arrest them is just laughably stupid.

no one is saying walls do not do ANYTHING so you can take that strawman shit out of here.

No.

Because that would suggest the bulk of the people and problems entered most homes by ways other than the doors.

You close and lock the door in your house and you have shut out by far the way most enter.

You put up the wall and the way the most enter is still the ports of entry and the vast, vast bulk of the problem has not been addressed.

Again I would ask, if people had homes where the vast, vast amount of problems coming into the house were not coming in via the door would they be worrying about putting in a door with a lock before addressing where the actual problems were coming in thru.

If the below was your house and you kept getting robbed would your first point of order be to put in a door with a lock blowing most of your budget while not paying the proper attention to where most of the problems are originating?

I appreciate the attempt, but the majority of our problem is over stayed Visas right? To date we don't have a solution for that unless you want to get full authoritarian. However, we have a smaller problem, boarder crossings, which can be solved.

Just because we have a larger problem that doesn't have an apparent solution doesn't mean you don't try and solve the smaller problem that does.

The same Dems complaining about the cost of a wall have endorsed AOC's green deal which would cost around 70 trillion dollars to implement.

You are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with this debate. That you think a wall will "slow someone down enough" such that authorities can swoop in arrest them is just laughably stupid.

no one is saying walls do not do ANYTHING so you can take that strawman shit out of here.

So then what does a wall do?

The same Dems complaining about the cost of a wall have endorsed AOC's green deal which would cost around 70 trillion dollars to implement.
You understand cost/benefit, correct? A switch to green energy saves an incredible amount of money. Putting up a wall saves no money.

Everyone is for border security. The argument is if the money should be allocated to a wall.

No.

Sneaking into a house via door is way easier than sneaking into a house via locked windows.

You really aren't that smart. In fact, you're laughably stupid.

I appreciate the attempt, but the majority of our problem is over stayed Visas right? To date we don't have a solution for that unless you want to get full authoritarian. However, we have a smaller problem, boarder crossings, which can be solved.

Just because we have a larger problem that doesn't have an apparent solution doesn't mean you don't try and solve the smaller problem that does.
Sure over stayed visas
then stuff just coming thru the ports of entry unchecked
then stuff coming in by sea and avoiding all ports of entry or walls
then where the wall would be

So yes a wall/fence/barrier can play a part but AGAIN it makes no sense to put the vast bulk of focus there while paying scant to no attention to the other MUCH WORSE areas. It would be like adding a door and lock to the house I posted above without focusing on where is more important.

So then what does a wall do?
Honestly you are the exact reason why Trump can count on the most uninformed to support him.

NO a wall's purpose would not be to slow down people entering so the authorities can pounce and stop them while they are climbing. Response times in those areas is mostly more than 1 day. 2-3 days often.

This IS NOT a patrolled wall from sea to sea you nit.

Sneaking into a house via door is way easier than sneaking into a house via locked windows.

You really aren't that smart. In fact, you're laughably stupid.
Please idiot. Leave the thread and let the adults talk. The door only works if you have stopped the flow coming in where 75% or more of the problem is coming in from. If you look at my picture of the house above and think the key is a door you are an idiot. You are Wall is a door in this case it is not touching anything coming in thru the ports of entry, The bulk of the problem.

Sure over stayed visas
then stuff just coming thru the ports of entry unchecked
then stuff coming in by sea and avoiding all ports of entry or walls
then where the wall would be

So yes a wall/fence/barrier can play a part but AGAIN it makes no sense to put the vast bulk of focus there while paying scant to no attention to the other MUCH WORSE areas. It would be like adding a door and lock to the house I posted above without focusing on where is more important.

You said "stuff". I'm talking about people big guy. You're still not addressing the point. Why are nonsolutions to a larger problem prohibitive of a solution to a smaller problem?

You said "stuff". I'm talking about people big guy. You're still not addressing the point. Why are nonsolutions to a larger problem prohibitive of a solution to a smaller problem?
Stuff includes people.

And i have addressed the point. The problem is the disproportionate focus and idiot Trumpsters who eat it up.

Again the door on the house I posted above would help. IT would force others to go in another way. But do you see the problem with not putting the proper focus on the issues that are not that door?

Stuff includes people.

And i have addressed the point. The problem is the disproportionate focus and idiot Trumpsters who eat it up.

Again the door on the house I posted above would help. IT would force others to go in another way. But do you see the problem with not putting the proper focus on the issues that are not that door?

So what's the obvious solution to the other problems then?

I am thinking bigger. Way bigger than you're capable of.

The wall is a solution for an infant that has no concept of logistics or geography.
hahaha, i never said a giant wall was the perfect idea. you are a funny poster.

Back