Social Border agents just apprehended convicted child molesters and an MS-13 member at the Texas border...

US Citizens commit crime at a higher rate than illegal immigrants. What is Trump doing about that? Do we have a domestic crisis?
Which citizens? This is a diverse country buddeh.

Awesome. Who needs to waste tons of money on a wall when our existing border security is this successful. Keep up the great work.

The problem is those pieces of shit could sneak back any other time again in the future.

I know @Trotsky has assured us multiple times that these individual cases mean nothing and we are just as safe with open borders as with a wall. He also has assured us that stories like this are put out by racists, so no big deal.

That said:
U.S. Border Patrol agents said Thursday that they apprehended several illegal immigrants at the southern border in Texas, in places where there are no physical barrier walls to deter illegal crossings.

Among those caught crossing into the U.S. were a Mexican man with a previous conviction in Georgia for child molestation, a Honduran man with a record in North Carolina showing a conviction for "Indecent Liberties with Child," and another Honduran male with a Florida record that identified him as a member of the violent MS-13 gang....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...r-at-the-texas-border-where-theres-no-barrier

I hope all this means nothing and our children are safe as can be, but somehow, I doubt it.

Anyone who is arguing against border barrier because there "is no traffic there" is typically a brainwashed NPC.

There are about few posters who refuse to acknowledge the need for the barrier even though stories like this are numerous and data is there to back it up. I've stopped taking them seriously.

@Rational Poster
@hillelslovak87

Billions to stop several!

<{1-1}>

If your mother or daughter get slaughtered by one of those several, maybe you'll take it seriously?
I mean, we spend billions in a week in ME, but the wall is somehow this huge waste of money.
C'mon now- let's see it for what it is- political fight that the left shouldn't have taken up because it's indefensible. What is now the position of the "right" used to be left/liberal position just 15 years ago. All the D politicians did a 180 because of Drumpf. "Walls are immoral"...."Walls are medieval". The party PR slogans are getting more and more absurd. Get on the right side of history, folks.

Oh look border agents captured them where NO WALL exists. So that means that man power and tech are perfectly sufficient and likely more efficient than a symbolic structure that is easily bypassed

MealyEmbellishedGibbon-small.gif

They captured them DESPITE not having one of the key tools they need, which is a barrier.

Agreed, mostly, it's idea that the cost of the wall which amounts to a rounding error in terms of our federal budget is the sticking point here.

Walls work, look at Israel who now suffers from about 0% illegal immigration.

Israel has 31 Airports.

America has over 15,000.

No, but it would have come in handy for the 25 million who didn't get stopped and are now living here illegally.

There aren't that many illegals in the country #1.

And between 40-50% of the illegals are visa overstays that travel into the country legally... so really you're talking about 5 million people over 40+ years... or barely 125,000 annually that MAY have traveled through areas with less security. In reality a large portion of them entered through areas with security or even through regular entry points or via ocean.

The reality of the situation is the areas that aren't walled aren't walled for good reason. The desert itself is a dangerous natural barrier.

Agreed, mostly, it's idea that the cost of the wall which amounts to a rounding error in terms of our federal budget is the sticking point here.

Walls work, look at Israel who now suffers from about 0% illegal immigration.

LOL, you've read me enough to understand how much that idea could never work. It's the antisemites who want us to all gather in Palestine, either for twisted religious reasons or for the simple fact that when the next Hitler comes around, we can easily be bombed off the planet.

Israel's walls are built around civilized areas and the whole thing is manned by soldiers that are allowed to shoot people trying to get across. It's also a fraction of the size of the US border.. and still cost them tens of billions of dollars with an infinite cost on maintenance and soldier salaries.

It would take hundreds of thousands of men 24/7 to secure the border like Israel has done.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is the existing border security is working as intended and the requested additional spending is just red meat to placate Trump's low information voter base, right?
no.
THIS group was caught.
think bigger.

Doesn't want to spend 5b on a wall

Wants to make oil illegal in 10 years.

But wait.... people tell me that all criminals come through designated checkpoints at the border.....?

Israel's walls are built around civilized areas and the whole thing is manned by soldiers that are allowed to shoot people trying to get across. It's also a fraction of the size of the US border.. and still cost them tens of billions of dollars with an infinite cost on maintenance and soldier salaries.

It would take hundreds of thousands of men 24/7 to secure the border like Israel has done.
And the entire cost amounts to less than some rounding errors in terms of our federal budget.

And the entire cost amounts to less than some rounding errors in terms of our federal budget.

Actually it would be exponentially more for us since it's a larger area and we only have 18-20,000 agents.

It would cost us trillions over the course of decades to secure the southern border like the Israeli wall and this would be on top of our existing spending which is already nearly $1T annually in deficit.

If your mother or daughter get slaughtered by one of those several, maybe you'll take it seriously?
I mean, we spend billions in a week in ME, but the wall is somehow this huge waste of money.
C'mon now- let's see it for what it is- political fight that the left shouldn't have taken up because it's indefensible. What is now the position of the "right" used to be left/liberal position just 15 years ago. All the D politicians did a 180 because of Drumpf. "Walls are immoral"...."Walls are medieval". The party PR slogans are getting more and more absurd. Get on the right side of history, folks.
Exactly. Any honest person would admit a wall should at least be a part of the solution. The problem is that Trump campaigned on it so it can’t happen.

I am thinking bigger. Way bigger than you're capable of.

The wall is a solution for an infant that has no concept of logistics or geography.

No, no, you are not thinking bigger.
When all border patrol agents say wall/barrier makes their job easier and safer, any rational "big thinker" would agree there needs to be a wall/barrier.

Actually it would be exponentially more for us since it's a larger area and we only have 18-20,000 agents.

It would cost us trillions over the course of decades to secure the southern border like the Israeli wall and this would be on top of our existing spending which is already nearly $1T annually in deficit.

Maybe it's time to stop fighting wars in the ME, then.Cause those HAVE cost us several trillions and got us nothing for it.

No, no, you are not thinking bigger.
When all border patrol agents say wall/barrier makes their job easier and safer, any rational "big thinker" would agree there needs to be a wall/barrier.

Maybe it's time to stop fighting wars in the ME, then.Cause those HAVE cost us several trillions and got us nothing for it.

It would still take decades to build up enough agents to constantly patrol the entire area. They tried rapidly expanding the border forces in the 2000s and the results were poor.

It would be must cheaper and safer to capture them closer to actual civilization if that's your concern and to punish those who employ them illegally more harshly.

We're talking about a span of desert humans have never lived in since there have been humans on Earth.

It would still take decades to build up enough agents to constantly patrol the entire area. They tried rapidly expanding the border forces in the 2000s and the results were poor.

It would be must cheaper and safer to capture them closer to actual civilization if that's your concern and to punish those who employ them illegally more harshly.

We're talking about a span of desert humans have never lived in since there have been humans on Earth.

Well, isn't there where "technology" comes in? So you have a wall, then you have radar towers, and drones and then you have border patrol posts at certain distances that can address the breach when such occurs. 1 agent/1 mile, there would need to be additional 2000 border patrol agents to cover the "entire border". For the sake of argument, let's double that. That's additional 4000 border patrol agents over the course of 10 years would amount to 400 extra border patrol agents/year. That's a graduating high-school class.

Well, isn't there where "technology" comes in? So you have a wall, then you have radar towers, and drones and then you have border patrol posts at certain distances that can address the breach when such occurs. 1 agent/1 mile, there would need to be additional 2000 border patrol agents to cover the "entire border". For the sake of argument, let's double that. That's additional 4000 border patrol agents over the course of 10 years would amount to 400 extra border patrol agents/year. That's a graduating high-school class.

If your math was accurate they'd already have the entire border secured multiple times with the current force.

<Dany07>

Back