Social Border agents just apprehended convicted child molesters and an MS-13 member at the Texas border...

Were the molester and gang member paraplegics and therefore unable to climb or dig? Because in that case you may have a point.

Otherwise, yeah, a wall wouldn't do shit. And, yeah, unrepresentative anecdotes are still unrepresentative anecdotes. When an undocumented immigrant is detained in a Guns N Roses shirt, it won't mean that immigrants are more likely to be Guns N Roses fans: it will just mean that, in a world in which 1-in-1000 people have that particularly shitty music taste and 1000 people are detained each day, you're occasionally going to find a Guns N Roses tee shirt.

Also, there are what....50,000 molesters in the US? I'm guessing that's about the right number. I doubt you would care to point to any one of those 50,000 individuals to say, without statistical backing, that the United States is a disproportionately molester-y country. Because that would be stupid.

The guns and roses analogy is perfect. Never thought of it like that, but now I can see what you mean.

What exactly would a wall have done?

What exactly would a wall have done?
The gang members would have traveled hundreds of miles through the desert, saw the wall, and turned around dejected
tenor.gif

It's funny youd write me off as an npc troll when you and I agree on a lot of other topics. Some may even say that's a pretty stock, npc response from you.
Agreed, mostly, it's idea that the cost of the wall which amounts to a rounding error in terms of our federal budget is the sticking point here.

Walls work, look at Israel who now suffers from about 0% illegal immigration.

@abiG why dont you take advantage of that dual citizenship and move to Israel where you can feel safe behind a nice big wall
LOL, you've read me enough to understand how much that idea could never work. It's the antisemites who want us to all gather in Palestine, either for twisted religious reasons or for the simple fact that when the next Hitler comes around, we can easily be bombed off the planet.

The existing border security is a needle in the haystack one car drives like 50 miles looking for footprints to trace

The gangs get paid thousands to drop people off near the border and just drive in like a taxi cause there's no wall

They drop them off because they know border agents are there to try and save them, and it's an industry

I've seen a tv programme about it

So they apprehended them without the need of a 20 billion dollar status symbol?

Yup. It's just the ones before them and after them that did not get caught that worry me.

Maybe we can just hire 2 million border agents and have them hold hands across the border.

At least ms-13 doesn’t spam stupid threads every day.

Oh look border agents captured them where NO WALL exists. So that means that man power and tech are perfectly sufficient and likely more efficient than a symbolic structure that is easily bypassed

Oh look border agents captured them where NO WALL exists. So that means that man power and tech are perfectly sufficient and likely more efficient than a symbolic structure that is easily bypassed

Breaking News.....

Chicago cop catches murderer. Bobby 3 Sticks demands no further monies or resources go to Chicago because obviously things are working just fine

Breaking News.....

Chicago cop catches murderer. Bobby 3 Sticks demands no further monies or resources go to Chicago because obviously things are working just fine
You're actually describing my position completely wrong. But I'm not surprised .I'm saying as I've said in other threads, wall funding is a waste of money . Spend the money on man power and tech .

You're actually describing my position completely wrong. But I'm not surprised .I'm saying as I've said in other threads, wall funding is a waste of money . Spend the money on man power and tech .

True. We can hire 2 million more agents and have them hold hands across the border

That will save us a bundle

I'll listen to the agents who most definitely want barriers in more areas.

Its almost like they really are murderers and rapists....

US Citizens commit crime at a higher rate than illegal immigrants. What is Trump doing about that? Do we have a domestic crisis?

It'll be racist if we did something about it.

giphy-18.gif

2cda0feb0225676c707745c7ca6bae71.gif

Back