Book

$uperman

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a book. I am thinking about to buy a western or biker gang book.

What are some good western books? And what are some good biker gang books? I do not care if it is fiction or non-fiction.

In western you have a group of men with guns on horses. And in biker gangs you have group of men with guns on bikes. I like the similarity.

Hunter S. Thomson wrote a book about the Hell's Angels. Forget what it was called.

If that's too gritty, there's GOOD OMENS by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett about the original bikers, the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse.

I read this back in the day. It was pretty good.

hells.jpg

Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West by Stephen Ambrose. It follows Lewis and Clark on their journey across America. It's not a typical history book, it reads more like an adventure book.
9780684826974-l.jpg

the protagonist of Cobra by Severo Sarduy joins a sect of Tibetan lamas w/ a leather daddy biker gang in the second half of the novel.

2880491.jpg

Lonesome Dove is the greatest Western novel and one of the greatest novels ever imo. Blood Meridian, as someone else mentioned, is good for what it is. It's one of those works that people either love or hate it seems. Not nearly as good as Lonesome Dove.

I want to buy a book. I am thinking about to buy a western or biker gang book.

What are some good western books? And what are some good biker gang books? I do not care if it is fiction or non-fiction.

In western you have a group of men with guns on horses. And in biker gangs you have group of men with guns on bikes. I like the similarity.

Others have said it here, Blood Meridian is fucking good. The audiobook of it is real good.

Back