Book Melendez/Bendo II.

MANIAC123

Yolo Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
After how good the last fight was between these two was and controversy in the decision. The ufc should make this a 5 round main event on a fox sports 1 card in mexico with Melendez having a Mexican heritage and Bendo being the former champ I think this would sell well as a starting point in the Mexican market. You could also put other fighters with a Mexican background on the card and their is surely undiscovered talent in mexico.

What are your opinions on this?

Sounds like a good fight, but no. A Bendo wins means he's literally back in contention and I am not sure if Zuffa is interested in that. I don't know if Zuffa has Bendo as part of its LW Champ business strategy.

Not a bad idea...although maybe after a couple other wins by Bendo. After last night I think the UFC will give Melendez fighters who engage like Diego.

don't really care. pettis can beat both / has already beaten one of them twice / so they can fight each other as much as they want, they aren't touching the gold

No...

Melendez should get TJ or a title shot next.

I am not interested, mainly in seeing Bendo fight. Melendez needs more exciting fights because last night was great, Bendo would do what Bendo does... be boring.

I think Gilbert should fight for the belt first

Why rematches all the time don't you want to see some fresh fight match up , gil only just entered the ufc there are plenty of matches to make

I like the idea.

It's tough to figure out who to match Bendo with next. He beats almost everybody, but as long as Pettis is champ, can't be boosted up to fight him off those wins. He'd just be knocking off would be challengers.

With Melendez, we already know he can beat Bendo, and this would be his way of erasing that loss off his record ala Thomson and Ishida, and making him a more attractive next challenger. If he loses, you wait for him to build back up, which he isn't far into anyway, especially after an unimpressive stock down (IMO) performance against Diego, and in the meantime have Pettis fight Thomson, Aldo, Khabib/Grant.

Why rematches all the time don't you want to see some fresh fight match up , gil only just entered the ufc there are plenty of matches to make

The first fight didn't provide clarity on who is better. That's why a rematch is warranted. It's fresh in terms of questions to answer. What's wrong with having two guys fight each other 9 times, if the fights are good, and nothing is really separating the two?

Yeah Gil could totally beat bendo, and would legitimize a title shot. I also see Pettis/Gil being a fantastic fight as well in the future.

I don't get the logic of doing this. Neither guy has the belt and are fighting in the most stacked division in MMA. There's plenty of fresh match-ups for both of them, there's absolutely no reason to do a rematch between them right now.

If Bendo was still champ, then I'd like to see Gil fight him after another win. As it is, not interested at all. We know they're closely matched and you're likely to get a long drawn out battle, maybe without a clear winner, that solves nothing and means nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back