Bones vs HW's

Let me get this straight. You say that:
1. Middle echelon LHWs fail at HW (true)
2. Elite HW was Elite at LHW (true)
Conclusion: best LHW in the world fails at HW?

Hilarious logic!

I am not defending the logic as it is a form of MMA math but the point still stands that LHWs who moved up in recent years failed, with the obvious exception of DC who was a natural HW to begin with.

Give me Bones vs

1. Volkov
2. Overeem
3. Blaydes
4. Werdum

Call me crazy but I can see all 4 guys beating jones lol

Latifi, OSP and Gus all failed in there 265 debut.

DC was a natural HW who was ranked #3 when he went to 205.

Disclaimer: I am a Jones hater.

1. Volkov via UD. Volkov's greatest strength is Jones's greatest weakness: kickboxing at range. If this were prime Jones, I'd say he'd be able to take him down and submit him, but Jones's takedowns aren't what they used to be lately. I'd have a feeling that Volkov would keep the fight standing and just jab him up for 3-5 rounds.

2. Jones via KO. I trust Jones's power more than Overeem's chin. I have a hard time picturing Jones getting finished by anything that the Reem has in his arsenal.

3. Blaydes via UD. Blaydes is a much younger and bigger version of DC who is unafraid of making things ugly. I picture the fight being very boring, but Blaydes would pull through.

4. Werdum via SUB. This is the toughest pic for me because of Werdum's age, but for some reason, I just imagine him doing something crazy to get the fight to the floor and submitting Jones. I know it's been several years since Jones fought Vitor, but he came REALLY close to being caught then. I can see Werdum getting the job done.

Give me Bones vs

1. Volkov
2. Overeem
3. Blaydes
4. Werdum

Call me crazy but I can see all 4 guys beating jones lol

Latifi, OSP and Gus all failed in there 265 debut.

DC was a natural HW who was ranked #3 when he went to 205.

Jones beating DC the way he did tells me he will most likely be dominant at HW.

1. Volkov via UD. Volkov's greatest strength is Jones's greatest weakness: kickboxing at range. If this were prime Jones, I'd say he'd be able to take him down and submit him, but Jones's takedowns aren't what they used to be lately. I'd have a feeling that Volkov would keep the fight standing and just jab him up for 3-5 rounds.

2. Jones via KO. I trust Jones's power more than Overeem's chin. I have a hard time picturing Jones getting finished by anything that the Reem has in his arsenal.

3. Blaydes via UD. Blaydes is a much younger and bigger version of DC who is unafraid of making things ugly. I picture the fight being very boring, but Blaydes would pull through.

4. Werdum via SUB. This is the toughest pic for me because of Werdum's age, but for some reason, I just imagine him doing something crazy to get the fight to the floor and submitting Jones. I know it's been several years since Jones fought Vitor, but he came REALLY close to being caught then. I can see Werdum getting the job done.
@G10 I agree with everything you said!
I will replace Reem with Jairzinho if he improves his TDD.

Prime Reem would murk jones easily

+1 Like

Jones doesn't seem to be a man who talks and do nothing,
He’s talked about going up and called out stipe multiple times, that’s why I don’t believe him this time

He’s all talk when it comes to HW imo

He's never fighting at heavyweight.

He’s talked about going up and called out stipe multiple times, that’s why I don’t believe him this time

There were talks about him vs Cain back in the day.

Bones is a tease. He will probably never move up to HW lol

Ok, but this time he vacated his belt and is bulking an HW body. He vacated the belt and is bulking... just to talk? I mean... This makes sense to you?

I dont see any of those guys beating him except maybe Reem. Thats a tough matchup for Jones, Although Reem has been KOd many times. Jones could just as easily put Reems lights out with a knee or high kick, or rock him enough with a punch to follow up and get a TKO. Interesting matchup.

I honestly think he makes short work of the rest.

I think only Blaydes could win.

Jones could UD the rest just using a smarter gameplan.

Ok, but this time he vacated his belt and is bulking an HW body. He vacated the belt and is bulking... just to talk? I mean... This makes sense to you?
It doesn’t have to make sense. I just don’t think he’s going up. I think he’s much more likely to sit and hope Izzy beats jan. If not, he may move up if francis beats stipe.

don’t think he fights stipe under any circumstances

I''d pick even a diminshed, out of shape, Jones against any of those guys. Still I'd have to acknowledge he does appear to be on the decline.

Jones by UD against all of them. You guys forget very easily. WarJones
Did you forget Jones last 3 fights?

Jon looked phenomenal in 2018 when he was roided out of his mind against Gus, but 2020 natty Jon could have easily lost his last 2 decisions, had a different set of judges been appointed, without that "to beat teh champ you have to beat teh champ" mentality.

Natty Jones vs Werdum is the most interesting match up in there for me. We haven't seen JJ against many true elite BJJ guy
, and Werdum is big enough to avoid getting wrestlefucked.

... After checking to be sure, both Santos and Smith are indeed BJJ black belts (and Reyes is a blue belt), but there's BB and BB...
Sure, D00M is old, but he's still one of the best MMA grapplers of all times.
First and only guy to sub Fedor, first and only guy to sub Cain, first and only guy to sub Overeem... first and only guy to sub Jones?
JJ doesn't exactly have that one-punch KO power, and would have trouble spending 25 min in there with D00M without going to the ground once...
IIRC Werdum has asked to be released though, so this one is not likely.

The second most interesting there is Overeem.
Would have been epic to watch Ubereem vs the 2017/18 "juiced to the tits" Jones who rematched both DC & Gus, this guy without having to worry about making 205 would have made TRTor blush.

It doesn’t have to make sense. I just don’t think he’s going up. I think he’s much more likely to sit and hope Izzy beats jan. If not, he may move up if francis beats stipe.

don’t think he fights stipe under any circumstances
I go with the logic then. No one would bulk an HW body to go back and suffer to make LHW again. Vacating the belt just to go back and beat a MW? I mean, for nothing? If Jon doesn't go to HW doing all of this, I will be very surprised.

And the fights that make sense to him there are the most dangerous ones, like Stipe or Ngannou. Any other fighter only makes sense to defend a possible belt.

We'll see what happens.

superpunch said:
USADA doesn't announce failed tests anymore. So who knows. He could have just failed another test. No one knows.
An important fighter like him would be smashed by the media if this had happened - starting with Cormier, the shill master. I don't think so.

This rule doesn't apply much lately, once some fighters are thrown at the fire from time to time. Not many top fighters, as usual, only the nobodies - which is worse, destroying the career of a person who needs money.

Ponzinibbio is one I distrust in this matter, 2 years out without any explanation, just bullshit... but we never know. Can't say anything.

Last edited:
Did you forget Jones last 3 fights?

Jon looked phenomenal in 2018 when he was roided out of his mind against Gus, but 2020 natty Jon could have easily lost his last 2 decisions, had a different set of judges been appointed, without that "to beat teh champ you have to beat teh champ" mentality.

Natty Jones vs Werdum is the most interesting match up in there for me. We haven't seen JJ against many true elite BJJ guy
, and Werdum is big enough to avoid getting wrestlefucked.

... After checking to be sure, both Santos and Smith are indeed BJJ black belts (and Reyes is a blue belt), but there's BB and BB...
Sure, D00M is old, but he's still one of the best MMA grapplers of all times.
First and only guy to sub Fedor, first and only guy to sub Cain, first and only guy to sub Overeem... first and only guy to sub Jones?
JJ doesn't exactly have that one-punch KO power, and would have trouble spending 25 min in there with D00M without going to the ground once...
IIRC Werdum has asked to be released though, so this one is not likely.

The second most interesting there is Overeem.
Would have been epic to watch Ubereem vs the 2017/18 "juiced to the tits" Jones who rematched both DC & Gus, this guy without having to worry about making 205 would have made TRTor blush.
It’s just hard for me to say with 100% confidence that an undefeated fighter who’s been about as dominant as you can be in his weight class is gonna get shit on when he moves up.

JJ has longer reach the Volkov. JJ has longest reach in UFC. I mean JJs weight is that of Stipe, what do you all talk about. Do you see ppl ragdoling Stipe???

Every one can beat him, but they need to step up their game. Blaydes didnt look impressive against Volkov, and Volkovs TDD is shit. Volkov doestn look fast, Werdum is meh, lost a little bit of speed he had, and all of its endurance, Reems only chance is clinching on fence.... Honestly dont see anyone beating JJ if they dont force their strengths on JJ, and that is hard thing to do.

I go with the logic then. No one would bulk an HW body to go back and suffer to make LHW again. Vacating the belt just to go back and beat a MW? I mean, for nothing? If Jon doesn't go to HW doing all of this, I will be very surprised.

And the fights that make sense to him there are the most dangerous ones, like Stipe or Ngannou. Any other fighter only makes sense to defend a possible belt.

We'll see what happens.

An important fighter like him would be smashed by the media if this had happened - starting with Cormier, the shill master. I don't think so.

This rule doesn't apply much lately, once some fighters are thrown at the fire from time to time. Not many top fighters, as usual, only the nobodies - which is worse, destroying the career of a person who needs money.

Ponzinibbio is one I distrust in this matter, 2 years out without any explanation, just bullshit... but we never know. Can't say anything.
Do we even know for sure he’s ‘bulking up’? Even if he is, ‘bulked up’ and started lifting before and stayed put. Means nothing, lotsa talk.

Do we even know for sure he’s ‘bulking up’? Even if he is, ‘bulked up’ and started lifting before and stayed put. Means nothing, lotsa talk.
Not only bulking up, but also vacated his belt. To go back and get it back from a MW? I mean... You can believe he won't fight Stipe, but what he is doing/did says more he is going to HW than coming back to LHW again without a belt for free.

Back