Banned
Reaction score
Give me Bones vs

1. Volkov
2. Overeem
3. Blaydes
4. Werdum

Call me crazy but I can see all 4 guys beating jones lol

Latifi, OSP and Gus all failed in there 265 debut.

DC was a natural HW who was ranked #3 when he went to 205.

Volkov - I think Jones by UD
Reem - really tough one, Reem is 40 and has tonnes of mileage but is still so dangerous and Jones isn't known for huge KO power (although he may have more at HW), too close to call but I'd say Jones just because of his fight IQ and ability to gameplan
Blaydes - I think Blaydes absolutely wrecks Jon tbh
Werdum - again he's super old but he looked in way better shape for the Gus fight. Tough one to call, I'll go Jones again though

I see him beating Werdum, Volkov I'm not so sure.
Blaydes and Overeem wreck him.

Overeem vs Jones, lets go.
<GinJuice>

Volkov - I think Jones by UD
Reem - really tough one, Reem is 40 and has tonnes of mileage but is still so dangerous and Jones isn't known for huge KO power (although he may have more at HW), too close to call but I'd say Jones just because of his fight IQ and ability to gameplan
Blaydes - I think Blaydes absolutely wrecks Jon tbh
Werdum - again he's super old but he looked in way better shape for the Gus fight. Tough one to call, I'll go Jones again though

I see him beating Werdum, Volkov I'm not so sure.
Blaydes and Overeem wreck him.

I don't get the blaydes thing? He's literally jobs easiest right. Jon eats wrestlers like cocaine laced candy. Blaydes would get picked apart

Give me Bones vs

1. Volkov
2. Overeem
3. Blaydes
4. Werdum

Call me crazy but I can see all 4 guys beating jones lol

Latifi, OSP and Gus all failed in there 265 debut.

DC was a natural HW who was ranked #3 when he went to 205.
Ok, your crazy.

The greatest undefeated LHW fighter in the history of the sport isn’t going to lose to the 4 HW fighters you mentioned.
Overeem is his toughest match (listed) and I would 100% still put my money on Jones.

Bones will never fight at HW. IMO he's on the decline and his body doesn't perform like it used to, so he's starting to train less and take the sport less seriously. He's burned out. That's why he gave up his title, not because of moving to HW, even if he believes it himself. If he fights again, against anyone top 10 at LHW or HW, expect him to lose fast.

HW division is weaker than ever. I think Ubereem would destroy him but even current Overeem is a bad matchup. Prime Werdum also, but he's past his prime and not in the UFC anymore. I think he could beat Blaydes, if Blaydes tries doing lay and pray like he did against Volkov. Volkov gets mauled by Jones

My question is if Jones can outwrestle the HWs, he looked weak on his two last fights and Reyes defended all of his TD attempts.

Jones is going HW to fight Ngannou or Stipe. So, it doesn't matter talking about other fighters.

Let's focus on what really matters.

Next.

Is he though? I’m not convinced
We'll see. To me, him saying he would fight HW and starting to bulk wouldn't make any sense him going back and fighting Israel instead - IF the latter beats Jan. Jones doesn't seem to be a man who talks and do nothing, retirement is not an option - if so, he would say already -, so he is going to fight.

What it seems is that UFC is forcing Jones to fight Israel more than Stipe or Ngannou, trying to make him change his mind, I don't know why. Jones needs to fight another legend like Stipe, legend vs legend, not a nobody like Israel. I don't understand the angle.

Sure. I love Jones, but could see him lose to any of these. I don’t know why you mentioned DC, but I think all of these guys beats DC. I give Jones a better chance.

Back