Bones-Reyes was not a robbery

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Look the second round was close. I'm inclined to think Dom took that round but it was close enough to at least make a case for Jon.

I think this outrage is due to the first and third rounds were so easily Dom and bones eeked out 4 and 5 that it makes the waters muddy for bones.

If you just judge the fight on the second round its pretty close.

Like i said, I tend to think that Dom edged that round out but I'm not claiming highway robbery based on that up for grabs round.

Honestly Hendricks-gsp was waaaay more of a robbery with a title on the line.

I think when things settle and fans watch the fight again they'll realize this

No people are mad because they want to see Jon lose. Jones fans have been shitting on haters for nearly a decade now. And they still make threads like "tonight is the night he is overthrown guys... I can feel it. He hasn't been the same since he gave up roids. He's on a vegan diet and came in at 204 pounds. But but but compubox numbers"

Anytime jon has a close fight ... They say the other guy got robbed.

I think the main issue that most rational fans have is that one judge scored it 49-46. I could see it going either way, but that seemed kind of odd.

Personally, I'm surprised the powers at be allow Rogan, Cruz, and other UFC employees to complain about the officiating so much. It's bad for business. I'm sure Dana and the Fertittas would rather people talk about how much they enjoyed the event than how bad the officiating was. Most of the people attending these fights and watching the ppvs aren't hard core fans or experienced martial arts. They're going to believe whatever they hear, and if Rogan and Cruz tell them the entire time that they're seeing BS, they're going to believe them.

Honestly Hendricks-gsp was waaaay more of a robbery with a title on the line.

Jones/Reyes wasn't even the worst decision of the night, let alone Hendricks/GSP level.

I thought Reyes won but it wasn't nearly as bad of a decision as Latifi/Lewis imo.

Last edited:
Back