Bones' boxing seems very poor. Seems very Brockish.

LMAO You guys do realize Jon Jones outstruck Gusta right?

And he was doing the stalking.

MMA striking is more than just hands.

Was about to flame you, then noticed your join date and post count. What ever happened to full on troll accounts on sherdog? Those were the days.

Jones has essentially created a new fighting style consisting of only elbows, oblique kicks, takedowns from the clinch and chokes

You can't be great at everything. Although major work on that jab could probably up his game immensely.

Agreed. However, he did use it at times in the fight, with great success, when Alex was attacking. So I don't think he doesn't know how to use it, just that for some reason he doesn't. I'm sure Greg etc realize it's a great weapon. A right straight would benefit him also. He sort of throws it as a hook now, without putting his body weight behind it.

Never let it go to the decision of the judges, guys. Finish IT

None of your comments are relevant in this topic.
"Bones' boxing seems poor."

Do you have anything to add about what we're talking about? If not, go post in the "jones was stalking gus" thread.

Jon Jones has poor boxing and doesn't like getting hit.

Jones' boxing is a weak spot in his game. His striking as a whole is far better than his haters credit, but that's off-topic in this thread I guess.

But he 'doesn't like getting hit'?

Who does? This fight raises some legit questions about Jones' game, things he needs to work on, etc. But the last thing someone viewing this fight objectively should still be asking is whether Bones can take a hit and continue fighting effectively. What nonsense.

inb4 Jonesrunningfromrampage.gif

JON+JONES+RUNS+AWAY+FROM+RAMPAGE+GIF.gif

I disagree a little. I mean, Gus is a pretty good striker... and Jones kept up fine most of the time, even when they were just boxing it up.
Jones is primarily a wrestler... and I think he's a decent boxer... and his striking overall is pretty good.

His boxing is fucking terrible. If it was a pure boxing match Gus would have murdered him. Too bad this is MMA where Elbows are allowed and that is by far Jon's best strike. Without the elbows Jones would be a boring fighter.

And yet he is the 6 time defending champ. Such fucking haters on here.

Wow who gives a shit how his "boxing" is. You realize this is MMA right? There are other striking styles out there besides boxing? Not that this matters either.

Jones landed more kicks and elbows on Gus than Gus did to Jones. Should I make a "Gus has Demian Maia-ish kickboxing"? No because that'd be a stupid threat just like this one.

Wow who gives a shit how his "boxing" is. You realize this is MMA right? There are other striking styles out there besides boxing? Not that this matters either.

Jones landed more kicks and elbows on Gus than Gus did to Jones. Should I make a "Gus has Demian Maia-ish kickboxing"? No because that'd be a stupid threat just like this one.

Please don't sit here and try to pretend that a lead front kick to the knee or shin is in any way the same thing as a left hook to the face. You're just going to make yourself sound retarded.

Please don't sit here and try to pretend that a lead front kick to the knee or shin is in any way the same thing as a left hook to the face. You're just going to make yourself sound retarded.

Were you getting up to grab a beer whenever Jones landed a head kick?

Cuz if so, you might be an alcoholic.

I must have totally missed the part where Jones was ko'd from all the blows to the head he took.

Oh wait a minute.

And Jones landed 50% of his power strikes to Gus' head.

Its a damn shame people get so caught up in fighter biased and don't actually just watch this as a sport, an athletic competition. MMA fans sound more like pro wrestling fans when they blindly hate on someone. "Man that guy sucks! He's a big doodie head! Did you hear what he said about so and so? Man eff that! He can't even do this one more right! All he does is this!"

I disagree. Brock's boxing as well as his muay thai were about what you'd expect from someone that was thrown to the wolves in the beginning of his career. Jones seems much more comfortable on the feet and doesn't rush at his opponents as Brock often did. He usually keeps distance and picks his opponents apart rather effectively. And I've never seen him turtle.

Agreed, I thought Jones definitely kept his composure despite getting caught flush multiple times.

HEY,BROCK HAD POWER ATLEAST.
haha i guess any 300lb man would tho lol

Jones will get better at boxing dw,he improves alot between fights.

Were you getting up to grab a beer whenever Jones landed a head kick?

Cuz if so, you might be an alcoholic.

He landed like 1 head kick the entire fight. Nice try though

Back