Bones and the Janitor (Spoiler)

He was a high school all american in Greco (in 2004), not a College all american, so his JUCO/NJCAA title (from 2006) is more significant.

Bones is awesome, any way you look at it.

Also, my heavyweight guy that i coach for MMA had to call me and let me know that he has taken Jones down before (said, "i don't know if i could still, but i put him on his back before" :icon_chee). He was an All American on that National Champ team at IA Central.

Maybe its because im not a Jonny Bones Jones fan at all, but i wasn't really impressed with the takedown like most people are. I mean Vlady lunged in with a wild hook and was way way way off balance. Jones wrapped his arms around him and hit an inside trip on a guy who was way to deep on the ugly lunging hook.

Maybe its because im not a Jonny Bones Jones fan at all, but i wasn't really impressed with the takedown like most people are. I mean Vlady lunged in with a wild hook and was way way way off balance. Jones wrapped his arms around him and hit an inside trip on a guy who was way to deep on the ugly lunging hook.

The thing about Jones is that he has a great success rate with takedowns and when he does, he proceeds to deliver some brutal beatdowns. He's not a "layer and prayer", more like a "takedown to brutality" kind of guy, and that makes him very dangerous.
He dismantled more experienced guys who are great wrestlers themselves: Vera, Hammill and Matyushenko. So if anyone is going to beat him at LHW, it's clearly not a wrestler (except for two who are not in the UFC: King Mo and Babalu).
He still has to test himself against guys with better striking and better bottom games, and that's when i see his wild style costing him a fight; he may get TKO'd by someone with superior technical striking or submitted after one of his wild barrages of GnP.

He's very fun to watch and he will certainly go places.

while not one of his "better" takedowns, i think the overall performance was impressive. from the spinning back kick to the takedown and the total and effortless(at least, he made it look that way) domination on the ground.

the total and effortless(at least, he made it look that way) domination on the ground.

Very impressive performance for sure and i agree he has looked wonderful on the ground outclassing Hammil, Vera and Vlady.

Im am looking forward to many good years of rooting againts this guy in the UFC. I think he is ready to step up and his next opponent should be either Tito or Forrest. Both are upper mid level guys, both ex UFC champs, both ex TUF coaches, both decent name recognition and both will test Jones a little.

He gets past either of them and then i say give him a title shot or a fight againts a top 5 guy to prove his #1 contender status.

I also see him going to HW soon as he is friends and training partners with Rashad.

If Bader gets past lil Nog i would love the UFC to match them up, but it makes little sense to pit two up and comers vs. each other.

Very impressive performance for sure and i agree he has looked wonderful on the ground outclassing Hammil, Vera and Vlady.

Im am looking forward to many good years of rooting againts this guy in the UFC. I think he is ready to step up and his next opponent should be either Tito or Forrest. Both are upper mid level guys, both ex UFC champs, both ex TUF coaches, both decent name recognition and both will test Jones a little.

He gets past either of them and then i say give him a title shot or a fight againts a top 5 guy to prove his #1 contender status.

I also see him going to HW soon as he is friends and training partners with Rashad.

If Bader gets past lil Nog i would love the UFC to match them up, but it makes little sense to pit two up and comers vs. each other.

i know that he's mentioned going up in weight, he's fairly young and could possibly grow more, enough to make the cut to 205 a pain in the ass, the friends with Rashad could push that into sooner rather than later, depending on how Rashad's title re-match goes.

Back