Bones and the Janitor (Spoiler)

skey91***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy is by far the most dynamic wrestler in MMA.

He uses every technique in the book from shots to throws to trips, he works off ties and can attack from the outside.

That trip tonight was so slick and he seems to break out a new takedown every fight.

I kind of wished he had stuck with wrestling a little longer because I wish we could of seen how far he could have gone in that sport.

It really is amazing comparing his wrestling MMA skills directly against a guy like Mark Munoz back to back especially when you look at their "wrestling accomplishments"

can anyone handle his wrestling at lhw; matyushenko isn't what he used to be, but he was never easy to takedown and control, same thing w/vera, same thing w/hamill and obrien. Guys w/very legit wrestling pedigrees, guys who don't go down easy and don't get kept down either; as well as alot of physical ability, an he just RAGDOLLS these dudes w/no problem at all.

i think alot of guys need to start getting concerned; evans, jackson, franklin, griffin, couture all might be in some trouble, i still think rua and machida have something for him..but the rest of them might wanna think about a new career.

only question is can he take punishment

can anyone handle his wrestling at lhw; matyushenko isn't what he used to be, but he was never easy to takedown and control, same thing w/vera, same thing w/hamill and obrien. Guys w/very legit wrestling pedigrees, guys who don't go down easy and don't get kept down either; as well as alot of physical ability, an he just RAGDOLLS these dudes w/no problem at all.

i think alot of guys need to start getting concerned; evans, jackson, franklin, griffin, couture all might be in some trouble, i still think rua and machida have something for him..but the rest of them might wanna think about a new career.

only question is can he take punishment

I seriously think he can take down anyone in MMA at LHW.

Can he keep Rua down? I don't know.

I kind of wished he had stuck with wrestling a little longer because I wish we could of seen how far he could have gone in that sport.

You do realize that trips are not allowed in Greco right?

Nevermind the rest i just saw the fight lol

You do realize that trips are not allowed in Greco right?

Nevermind the rest i just saw the fight lol

What the fuck are you talking about?

College wrestling is folkstyle not Greco.

What the fuck are you talking about?

College wrestling is folkstyle not Greco.

From UFC bio

Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? JUCO National Wrestling Champion, Greco Roman All-American, NYS Champion.

His throws are rare because he does Greco and greco is not that common, not only that but he has managed to adapt his base in greco with judo trips, which makes him even better. Hardly anyone in the UFC is used to being thrown with upper body throws. He should fight Randy Couture, it would be a nice change and a good retirement fight for Couture.

He is not the most dynamic wrestler in MMA. Not even top 10

This guy is #1

joewarren.jpg

Jon Jones is probably my favorite fighter. He is dynamic and fun to watch as well as having a great attitude. This guy has a great future for sure.

From UFC bio

Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? JUCO National Wrestling Champion, Greco Roman All-American, NYS Champion.

His throws are rare because he does Greco and greco is not that common, not only that but he has managed to adapt his base in greco with judo trips, which makes him even better. Hardly anyone in the UFC is used to being thrown with upper body throws. He should fight Randy Couture, it would be a nice change and a good retirement fight for Couture.

You do realise that the JUCO title was in folkstyle.

Jones has a lot more experience in folk than Greco as does almost every wrestler in the US. He competed in Greco during the summer and thats it.

He was a State Champion in Folk.

All of his moves are used in wrestling.

He is not the most dynamic wrestler in MMA. Not even top 10

This guy is #1

joewarren.jpg

Joe Warren is a more accomplished wrestler but he is not more dynamic. He does not have the array of moves Jones has.

I agree with the gerbil

Jones is fun to watch and he doesn't talk trash which is a huge plus in my book, a little humility go's a long way. I hate people who trash talk for no good reason, I understand a little back and forth if there is a rivalry but some fighters are ridiculous. I really hope that Anderson Silva beats the living shit out of Chael Sonnen so that Sonnen will S.T.F.U. I mean the guy is so damn smug and almost 60% of his wins were decisions.

But I'll leave that discussion for the heavyweights.

You do realise that the JUCO title was in folkstyle.

Yep and you realize than an all-american is bigger right?

Jones has a lot more experience in folk than Greco

Probably, but i have yet to see his folkstyle, he has shown nothing but upper body throws which are more characteristic of greco than folkstyle where the center of gravity is lower and its harder to pull

as does almost every wrestler in the US. He competed in Greco during the summer and thats it.

And he is using his modified greco with great ability in MMA, i have yet to see his folkstyle.

He was a State Champion in Folk.

All of his moves are used in wrestling.

Agreed, but most of his movements are illegal in greco and not practical in folkstyle, the reason he is having so much success is that MMA fighters are not really used to upper body throws and the greco fighters are using their greco for control mainly.

Jon Jones has hit the nail in mixing greco upper body control with judo ashiwaza, Greco would be pretty much like judo if they allowed leg trips, as greco wrestlers need to have the same kind of upper body control as a judoka.

Joe Warren is a more accomplished wrestler but he is not more dynamic. He does not have the array of moves Jones has.

Have you ever watched Joe Warren or grappled a single day in your life son?

Yep and you realize than an all-american is bigger right?

He was a high school all american in Greco (in 2004), not a College all american, so his JUCO/NJCAA title (from 2006) is more significant.

Back