Boned on used car. Update

How many miles did they have before you got rid of them?

My current one has 155,000 right now. Shocks broke at one point. Haven't really done anything else.

My old one had at least 150,000 when it get totalled.

The one I sold to someone currently has at least 185,000 miles.

An old girlfriends had at least 175,000 miles when she sold it.

So , they lasted long but we never drove them up to 200,000 miles

Last edited:
My current one has 155,000 right now. Shocks broke at one point. Haven't really done anything else.

My old Sentra had at least 150,000 when it get totalled.

The altima I sold to someone currently has at least 185,000 miles.

An old girlfriends Sentra had at least 175,000 miles when she sold it.

So , they lasted long but we never drove them up to 200,000 miles
You're lucky you didn't have transmission problems if you had those 07-13s. Very lucky

Yeah, apparently Nissan really shit the bed soon after i bought my 2005 Sentra.
Still have that car and it still runs. Hell, just drove it around 250 miles today.

Yeah the dude’s an idiot. Wants the guy to go back and demand a refund or a different vehicle or invoke the lemon law.

I’ve worked for General Motors, Ford, and dodge dealers for close to 20 years combined. That’s not how things work even a little bit lol.

I’ve seen 3-4 vehicles bought back by the manufacturer but that was after months and months of attempted repairs.

Even if the dealer offers a 30 day/1000 mile warranty it often only covers half the repair. That’s why we always offer an extended warranty on every vehicle sold. When that paperwork is done the customer has to sign off that they have declined the warranty.
When's the best time to buy a brand new car?

I had been driving this 05Hyundai xg350 for the last 3-4 years I bought for like 3 grand and it served me really well. Unfortunately age caught up with it and the suspension, ball joints, sway bars, wheel bearings, bushings.. well they all started to go out in the last year and the car needed so much work done to it was just not worth it. I had just replaced the radiator on it too, and got all my brake pads and routers done. So I was bummed out that I needed 4 grand in suspension repairs, decided to sell the car. Only got like 600 bucks for it, it was scrap at that point.

I had no clue how fucking terrible buying a car is right now. I couldn't find anything in my price range. I had saved up like $5000 trying to find something that would just get me around proved to be very difficult. They are wanting 10 grand and more for any good 10 year old car right now it's ridiculous.

After a week or so of looking religiously, I found a 2012 Altima for 5 grand. The car looked great, I liked the way it drove. Deal seemed too good to be true. I did a quick Google search of the Altima and the Edmunds reviews and Carfax scores seemed solid. I thought, well how bad could it be and I bought the car (after taking it to a shop where they looked at it. Said I needed some new hoses and mounts.. alignment. Nothing major).

Well, after I bought the car I noticed I noise I haven't heard before, I could only hear it driving with the window down. Only happened when I accelerated. I quickly started researching the transmissions on these cars and found out, Nissan 07-2013 made the worst transmissions of all time. New CVT technology and they fail under 100,000 miles. Impossible to fix, and expensive to replace.

So I got paranoid and took the car to the best rated transmission shop in town. Yep, I got sold a car from a used car lot with a shot transmission. 4600 to replace it, but they are consistently failing anywhere from 40 to 100 thousand miles.

On top of that I already put 600 in the car, and it needs knew wheels I found out the rims are bent.

Now the used car lot is saying they will buy it back from me for 3500. After tax I'll be out 2,500 after taxed I paid and the repairs. And I do not have hardly any money after this purchase.

If you have an Nissan from those years sell that shit now and do some research you're in a money pit.

And fuck those guys for selling me that car they knew what was up. No idea what I'm gonna do now, I guess get my money back I'm trying to get them to give me more but they don't really have to do shit. Sold me a totaled car.

Update,

They're going to give me back $4000 and take the car back. I am looking into buying an 07 Toyota Carola with 122000 miles now. Going to check it out tomorrow and did alot more homework on this car and what to look out for. Mainly checking to see if it burns oil and for sure looking at this trans fluid. This one has a dipstick

Pay a mechanic to go with you to check it out. You ALWAYS bring a mechanic with you when buying a used car if you're not mechanically inclined.

Good job on picking the corolla

you already bought it????

???

?
No, I haven't gone to see it yet. I just know from looking it up that it's not a sealed transmission. It's two hours out of town on a ranch I don't know if I'm going to be able to get a mechanic to look at the car hopefully I do better this time. Going into it more informed

Poor people and their poor people problems.

<DisgustingHHH>

IIRC those 07 Corolla transmissions may be extremely difficult to service and are unreliable as well. Double check on the years with problems.

It takes an act of god to be able to fill it up with fluid correctly.

No, I haven't gone to see it yet. I just know from looking it up that it's not a sealed transmission. It's two hours out of town on a ranch I don't know if I'm going to be able to get a mechanic to look at the car hopefully I do better this time. Going into it more informed

Bring a mechanic man. Or find one near their ranch. Never buy a used car without doing that

I had been driving this 05Hyundai xg350 for the last 3-4 years I bought for like 3 grand and it served me really well. Unfortunately age caught up with it and the suspension, ball joints, sway bars, wheel bearings, bushings.. well they all started to go out in the last year and the car needed so much work done to it was just not worth it. I had just replaced the radiator on it too, and got all my brake pads and routers done. So I was bummed out that I needed 4 grand in suspension repairs, decided to sell the car. Only got like 600 bucks for it, it was scrap at that point.

I had no clue how fucking terrible buying a car is right now. I couldn't find anything in my price range. I had saved up like $5000 trying to find something that would just get me around proved to be very difficult. They are wanting 10 grand and more for any good 10 year old car right now it's ridiculous.

After a week or so of looking religiously, I found a 2012 Altima for 5 grand. The car looked great, I liked the way it drove. Deal seemed too good to be true. I did a quick Google search of the Altima and the Edmunds reviews and Carfax scores seemed solid. I thought, well how bad could it be and I bought the car (after taking it to a shop where they looked at it. Said I needed some new hoses and mounts.. alignment. Nothing major).

Well, after I bought the car I noticed I noise I haven't heard before, I could only hear it driving with the window down. Only happened when I accelerated. I quickly started researching the transmissions on these cars and found out, Nissan 07-2013 made the worst transmissions of all time. New CVT technology and they fail under 100,000 miles. Impossible to fix, and expensive to replace.

So I got paranoid and took the car to the best rated transmission shop in town. Yep, I got sold a car from a used car lot with a shot transmission. 4600 to replace it, but they are consistently failing anywhere from 40 to 100 thousand miles.

On top of that I already put 600 in the car, and it needs knew wheels I found out the rims are bent.

Now the used car lot is saying they will buy it back from me for 3500. After tax I'll be out 2,500 after taxed I paid and the repairs. And I do not have hardly any money after this purchase.

If you have an Nissan from those years sell that shit now and do some research you're in a money pit.

And fuck those guys for selling me that car they knew what was up. No idea what I'm gonna do now, I guess get my money back I'm trying to get them to give me more but they don't really have to do shit. Sold me a totaled car.

Update,

They're going to give me back $4000 and take the car back. I am looking into buying an 07 Toyota Carola with 122000 miles now. Going to check it out tomorrow and did alot more homework on this car and what to look out for. Mainly checking to see if it burns oil and for sure looking at this trans fluid. This one has a dipstick
Isn't there a 30 day lemon law where they're legally required to take it back?

I probably should've asked that before the update...

Isn't there a 30 day lemon law where they're legally required to take it back?

I probably should've asked that before the update...

It's Texas; I doubt their consumer protection laws are any good. We don't want no gubmint in our car transactions.

I had a Nissan Sentra years ago. The clear coat was peeling super bad
and it had a parasitic drain somewhere in the car that took more than one repair shop to figure out.
I started paying attention to the Nissans on the road and many cars that werent even that old had clear coat failing issues.
I won't buy a Nissan ever again.

Last edited:
Back