Boned on used car. Update

Too bad you sold the Hyundai. You could have probably changed all the suspension components yourself for under 1000.00 (once you bought the parts and tools to do the job).

It might have taken you a couple of days, but definitely something that can be done at home.

Lemon laws do not apply to used vehicles. You obviously don’t know shit judging by the post I quoted though so I shouldn’t have bothered.

This is incorrect. There are states (NY and Cali for example) that do have ‘lemon laws’ that cover used vehicles as well (I think covering only used cars sold from a dealer, but not sure as each state will vary)

I do not know all the specifics of those laws, but they do exist depending on where you’re at.

I bought a 2006 Maxima back in the day with under 20k on it. By the time It had 40k on her, it was falling apart. I'll never buy another Nissan, they used to make good cars before they sold out though... The only economy company worse than Nissan would probably be Kia...

I did. I didn't notice anything and still don't notice anything. It is still driving I just wanted to go get the transmission fluid changed at the shop since I heard horror stories about the transmissions and they were able to tell me it's fucked.

There's 0 warranty? Here, used dealers have to give something like 30 days/1000 miles or some shit I forget. Theres lemon laws...etc. how long u have it? Drive it?

Lemon laws do not apply to used vehicles. You obviously don’t know shit judging by the post I quoted though so I shouldn’t have bothered.
Hmm... Who doesn't know shit?
<45><Moves><45>
Are you ready to concede yet?

This is incorrect. There are states (NY and Cali for example) that do have ‘lemon laws’ that cover used vehicles as well (I think covering only used cars sold from a dealer, but not sure as each state will vary)

I do not know all the specifics of those laws, but they do exist depending on where you’re at.

There's 0 warranty? Here, used dealers have to give something like 30 days/1000 miles or some shit I forget. Theres lemon laws...etc. how long u have it? Drive it?

All the suckers who took loans out on marked up cars are going to upside down on their notes once the pricing bubble bursts in a year or two. The repo men are going to be very busy.

Unless you absolutely need a car right away, wait this thing out and don't play the dealers games.

This. My used Honda is worth 3k more than I paid for it 3 years ago. I really wish I owned 2 cars so I could profit off of one.

We were actually planning to get my wife a new suv this year. Hers has 100k on it but its in great working order. No fkn way we're going to now. I'll drive these shit boxes into the dirt before I pay some sucker price. At some point there will be a glut of new vehicles...then I'll swoop in and capitalize

Guess I should have checked every state, congrats.
Yeah what a gotcha lmao. I was sold a car with engine problems once. I've had friends that have bought cars and had them break down within weeks. I dated a girl once that spent basically all her money on a vehicle and it was in the shop within a month. It's not exactly unheard of for dealerships to do this. There's never been any sort of law protecting consumers from this in any state I've lived in.

Damn another person getting screwed by nissan. They truly are some of the worst cars ever built. I had a 05 frontier and a 05 xterra, they are some of the worst rated cars in history. Luckily my dad help me bypass the tranny issue and it doesnt have a cvt.

Yeah what a gotcha lmao. I was sold a car with engine problems once. I've had friends that have bought cars and had them break down within weeks. I dated a girl once that spent basically all her money on a vehicle and it was in the shop within a month. It's not exactly unheard of for dealerships to do this. There's never been any sort of law protecting consumers from this in any state I've lived in.

Yeah the dude’s an idiot. Wants the guy to go back and demand a refund or a different vehicle or invoke the lemon law.

I’ve worked for General Motors, Ford, and dodge dealers for close to 20 years combined. That’s not how things work even a little bit lol.

I’ve seen 3-4 vehicles bought back by the manufacturer but that was after months and months of attempted repairs.

Even if the dealer offers a 30 day/1000 mile warranty it often only covers half the repair. That’s why we always offer an extended warranty on every vehicle sold. When that paperwork is done the customer has to sign off that they have declined the warranty.

Yeah the dude’s an idiot. Wants the guy to go back and demand a refund or a different vehicle or invoke the lemon law.

I’ve worked for General Motors, Ford, and dodge dealers for close to 20 years combined. That’s not how things work even a little bit lol.

I’ve seen 3-4 vehicles bought back by the manufacturer but that was after months and months of attempted repairs.

Even if the dealer offers a 30 day/1000 mile warranty it often only covers half the repair. That’s why we always offer an extended warranty on every vehicle sold. When that paperwork is done the customer has to sign off that they have declined the warranty.
When I was much younger with that first car I went back to the dealership angry, and it was a real learning experience. They basically laughed in my face lmao. I was making payments though. I told them if they didn't meet me halfway I would leave the car there and they would never get a penny from me ever again regardless of the paperwork I signed.

They were pissed off but agreed to have some work done on the car. If I had bought it cash they would have just laughed me off of the lot.

i didnt read OP but i dont have a car and just walk and it seems to work for me

When I was much younger with that first car I went back to the dealership angry, and it was a real learning experience. They basically laughed in my face lmao. I was making payments though. I told them if they didn't meet me halfway I would leave the car there and they would never get a penny from me ever again regardless of the paperwork I signed.

They were pissed off but agreed to have some work done on the car. If I had bought it cash they would have just laughed me off of the lot.

Was it a shitty buy here-pay here lot?

Was it a shitty buy here-pay here lot?
It was a standard low end used car lot. You could buy cash or finance. I made a fairly large down-payment and financed the rest. They pretty gleefully pointed out there's no provision to let me bring the car back if I discovered problems. I told them that's fine, but since they lied right to my face and told me there were no significant issues I'd leave the car there and they'd never see a dime and I'd just take the hit to my credit.

I think I have already proven you wrong itt. Shall we keep going?
Only if you want to go out of your way to ignore context to win an argument. It was pretty clear contextually that he was saying there's no universal lemon law. And he's correct. Obviously different states have different laws on all kinds of things, but federally there's no such thing as a lemon law. Pretty disingenuous to say this one state over here does, when the original conversation wasn't specifically about that states laws.

Back