Bomb explodes in Bangkok

JadeOwl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Bangkok bomb: Deadly blast rocks Thailand capital

A bomb has exploded close to a shrine in the centre of Thailand's capital, Bangkok, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 80.

The Erawan Shrine is a major tourist attraction and foreigners, including Chinese, were said to be among the casualties.

No-one has yet said they carried out the attack.

Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwong said the bomb had "targeted foreigners... to damage tourism and the economy".

The Nation TV channel quoted Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha as saying the government would set up a "war room" to co-ordinate its response.

Nation put the death toll as high as 27, saying at least three foreigners were killed, but there has been no official confirmation.

I'm guessing Muslims vs Buddhists as it happens often around those areas.

I was very close and felt the blast. I'm actually extremely lucky as my friend invited me to a jazz bar and I started walking away from the area just before it happened. If not, I would have been literally just above the blast zone on the skytrain.

My friend was there and saw the aftermath. Bodyparts all over the place. Crazy stuff. Reporting 20+ dead (4+ foreigners) and 80+ injured.

This month has been nuts. Almost stabbed to death, then narrowly escaping a bombing.

I was very close and felt the blast. I'm actually extremely lucky as my friend invited me to a jazz bar and I started walking away from the area just before it happened. If not, I would have been literally just above the blast zone on the skytrain.

My friend was there and saw the aftermath. Bodyparts all over the place. Crazy stuff. Reporting 20+ dead (4+ foreigners) and 80+ injured.

This month has been nuts. Almost stabbed to death, then narrowly escaping a bombing.

Crazy! Glad you're okay.

Thailand has a Muslim population of about 5-10% and has been battling an insurgency in south Thailand for the past 50 or so years.

Yikes. Glad you're safe.

Crazy month indeed, glad you're not dead fellow sherbro.

Holy fuck. Good to know you are safe.

that's incredibly fucked up.. i was there with my wife in November...

Glad you made it out Oeshon..

My brother-in-law's girlfriend is somewhere in rural Thailand right now. She surely is safe, but it makes you feel weird still.

Is your friend ok? What's the mood there?

I'm stopping through Bangkok in October with my girlfriend to do Angkor in Cambodia/Phi Phi islands in Krabi.

This annoys me. As the reason I've never been to Bali and it's so cheap from here is because of the Bali bombing.

Is your friend ok? What's the mood there?

I'm stopping through Bangkok in October with my girlfriend to do Angkor in Cambodia/Phi Phi islands in Krabi.

This annoys me. As the reason I've never been to Bali and it's so cheap from here is because of the Bali bombing.

Kudos on you're ability to make something like this about you.

Back