BOLD Predictions for UFC 245

Willy Knuckles

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A few BOLD predictions I have for UFC 245
1. Max Holloway finishes Volk before the championship rounds- After re-watching Volk vs Aldo and Volk vs Mendes, I think Volk struggles against the jab heavy approach from Holloway. The pace that Mendes was keeping in their fight, was having some real success against Volk. If not for Mendes horrible cardio I think there's a good chance Volk loses that fight on points. He was also dropped in this fight in the second round of that fight, just to note.
2. Geoff Neal becomes the first fighter to KO Mike perry, and it happens in the first round- I really think Perry is going to start showing effects from all these wars he's been in lately. This fight feels very soon after getting his nose destroyed in his last fight, and even when he wins he seems to take a shit load of damage. I think he starts to wear down in this fight, and pair that along with the fact that Neal is diverse, accurate and powerful as a striker, I think Perry gets sleep'd in a spectacular way by Neal.
3. Max Holloway is the only champ to keep his title at UFC 245- I think Max is the only champ that walks out of 245 with his/her belt still intact. Usman doesn't seem fully healthy to me, and if he's not at 100%, he will have a hard time dealing with Colby's pace, skill set and gameplan for their fight. Wuoldn't be surprised to see an early finish of Usman, he just doesn't seem right for this fight. And while Nunes is for sure the favorite in her rematch fight, I think she may be overlooking De Randamie and that lack of judgement will put her in danger she will succumb to.

What are some of your bold predictions for UFC 245, I'm curious what conventional thinking might be on the forum for some of these matchups

3 intriguing match ups.
Don't know enough about Volk, his style hasn't kept attention on screen an entire fight. Max showed vulnerability against DP. Forgot he was human for a while

WrestleWeights, doesn't matter. It's a lose/lose no matter the winner. Scenery isn't changing

woMen. Both hit harder than the 170s have more KOs. Probably be a better fight than main event.

And thinking Marlon is going to hurt Aldo after this sickly weight cut. Probably within 3 minutes

volk beats max.

usman smashes colby.

nunes tko gdr.

Faber beats Yan that's my crazy prediction of the night.

Hope Colby brings the trench.

Last edited:
Usman ko colby (People will praise why he's better than gsp)

volk ko holloway (people say he's the next big thing)

nunes sub gdr (people will say no women will beat her, they will say she needs to fight a man next (henry cjeudo maybe)

Neal ko mike perry with ease (people will be like OMG neal is the next big thing at ww, he will be usman next big opponent).

I agree with your first point about Chad probably winning on points if not for his bad Cardio, if you rewatch the fight, yeah Volkanovski had a good Jab the entire fight, had his moments, and in the end won, but Chad seemed a bit faster in the pocket, dropped him, took him down almost at will, and took his back.

Granted Chad has way more power than Max, but Max's boxing and ability to trade in the pocket is better than Chad's, you could say the wrestling opened up Chad's striking, but he's always been a wrestle boxer with good speed in the pocket and good power.

If Max can sit on his punches, and avoid Volk's power in the pocket, he has a good chance of drowning him out and tagging him.

Bold prediction: everyone who doesn't lose wins

<seedat>

Colby catches Usman in a figure four, the ref gets distracted by Conor, Ronda KOs Colby and Usman with a sumo splash.

Then this guy runs to the octagon and destroys everyone.

giphy.gif

I think all 3 champions retain by decision.

I agree with your first point about Chad probably winning on points if not for his bad Cardio, if you rewatch the fight, yeah Volkanovski had a good Jab the entire fight, had his moments, and in the end won, but Chad seemed a bit faster in the pocket, dropped him, took him down almost at will, and took his back.

Granted Chad has way more power than Max, but Max's boxing and ability to trade in the pocket is better than Chad's, you could say the wrestling opened up Chad's striking, but he's always been a wrestle boxer with good speed in the pocket and good power.

If Max can sit on his punches, and avoid Volk's power in the pocket, he has a good chance of drowning him out and tagging him.
Yeah, unless he can hurt Max consistently, I see him losing like all of the other FW contenders have against Max. I also don't think Volk has some amazing wrestling/grappling to fall back on either. I'm sure he's a high level grappler, but after watching him struggle against the TD's of Mendes, I just don't know how high level he is.

Usman ko colby (People will praise why he's better than gsp)

volk ko holloway (people say he's the next big thing)

nunes sub gdr (people will say no women will beat her, they will say she needs to fight a man next (henry cjeudo maybe)

Neal ko mike perry with ease (people will be like OMG neal is the next big thing at ww, he will be usman next big opponent).
Neal is going to impresses a lot of people and get a lot of new eyes on him in the process. I see a top 10 possibly top 5 opponent for him after a win here

GDR tkos nunes with a sketchy at the bell punch

While Colby and Usman are bumping and grinding along the cage they look in each other's eyes, fall in love, and eventually move to the countryside to raise a family.

Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

A few BOLD predictions I have for UFC 245
1. Max Holloway finishes Volk before the championship rounds- After re-watching Volk vs Aldo and Volk vs Mendes, I think Volk struggles against the jab heavy approach from Holloway. The pace that Mendes was keeping in their fight, was having some real success against Volk. If not for Mendes horrible cardio I think there's a good chance Volk loses that fight on points. He was also dropped in this fight in the second round of that fight, just to note.
2. Geoff Neal becomes the first fighter to KO Mike perry, and it happens in the first round- I really think Perry is going to start showing effects from all these wars he's been in lately. This fight feels very soon after getting his nose destroyed in his last fight, and even when he wins he seems to take a shit load of damage. I think he starts to wear down in this fight, and pair that along with the fact that Neal is diverse, accurate and powerful as a striker, I think Perry gets sleep'd in a spectacular way by Neal.
3. Max Holloway is the only champ to keep his title at UFC 245- I think Max is the only champ that walks out of 245 with his/her belt still intact. Usman doesn't seem fully healthy to me, and if he's not at 100%, he will have a hard time dealing with Colby's pace, skill set and gameplan for their fight. Wuoldn't be surprised to see an early finish of Usman, he just doesn't seem right for this fight. And while Nunes is for sure the favorite in her rematch fight, I think she may be overlooking De Randamie and that lack of judgement will put her in danger she will succumb to.

What are some of your bold predictions for UFC 245, I'm curious what conventional thinking might be on the forum for some of these matchups
Well looks like hes trying to keep his pace at 3 fights a year in the ufc, Mike Poory, and he did fight 5 times in 2015 but who knows how those fights went. 4 months was probably barely enough time for his nose to heal but who knows better than Mike

Well looks like hes trying to keep his pace at 3 fights a year in the ufc, Mike Poory, and he did fight 5 times in 2015 but who knows how those fights went. 4 months was probably barely enough time for his nose to heal but who knows better than Mike
We'll know after the fight haha. I just have a hard time believing he has the same durability after those wars. Wouldn't be surprised to see a quick stoppage. Brawlers like him can only last for so long, and while I've noticed him putting more clinch work and GnP into his game, I don't think it's enough for him to fall back on just yet. I like the guy, and wish him the best, but man. Even the best chins crack eventually

We'll know after the fight haha. I just have a hard time believing he has the same durability after those wars. Wouldn't be surprised to see a quick stoppage. Brawlers like him can only last for so long, and while I've noticed him putting more clinch work and GnP into his game, I don't think it's enough for him to fall back on just yet. I like the guy, and wish him the best, but man. Even the best chins crack eventually
I don't think he has the tool to be fighting top 15 opponents, I think he should be a permanent gatekeeper for his health and finances but props to perry for taking hard fights

Back