Boko Haram kill hundreds maybe 2000

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by jeffk, Jan 9, 2015.

1. jeffk

jeffk Brown Belt

2. Erik Freydis

Erik Freydis Banned Banned

And now coming to a town and city near you. Cheers libtards:(

3. benj2006

benj2006 Orange Belt

Religion of peace

4. Muay o Muay

Muay o Muay Purple Belt

Indeed, I often wonder this and not just about Islam.

5. 2DUM2TAP

2DUM2TAP Silver Belt

On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    Its strange how people can put so much value in a made up and false religion, yet so little value on the life of a person who is their neighbor.

6. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Free RR! Belt

Anyone else fight in tragically odd that 12 French folk get a lot more coverage than 2000 Africans?

7. Son of Jamin

Son of Jamin Make MMA Great Again

As a religious person, I find it extremely hard to grasp that some people can be so certain that God/Allah wants them to kill people.

8. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

Africans gonna tribe against each other and not value life. The girls think it's cute, doe..

9. Halge

Halge Silver Belt

10. 58miles

58miles Brown Belt

Europeans gonna tribe against each other and not value life. The girls think it's cute, doe..

11. doomy200

doomy200 Brown Belt

it's been said before brah.. we get it, you like to blame Islam for everything.

12. doomy200

doomy200 Brown Belt

It's Africa dude, lots of people kill each other, these guys just happen to do it in the name of religion.

13. JBSchroeds

JBSchroeds The Lizard Knight

How many local, national, and international news channels operate in that African nation where this massacre took place? And what's the comparative worldwide economic and political powers of the two nations?

I can't give numbers to those questions, but the difference is obviously quite large. So no, I don't find it odd that people in the western world are more interested in a terror attack that takes place in the western world (and to a well known group in a famous country in a heavily romanticized city). The fact of the matter is, as far as newsworthiness is concerned, not all lives are created equal. When I die nobody outside my family and some friends will care; when Lindsey Lohan gets wasted and does something stupid it makes national news.

14. El Chimpo

El Chimpo Cruel Man Platinum Member

pathetic

15. TalkinNoise

TalkinNoise Green Belt

Let all that bitterness out boy. You're a dying breed.

16. TalkinNoise

TalkinNoise Green Belt

Also, Boko Haram is fucked. No arguing that.

Extreme poverty always breeds extreme violence. Look at the drug cartels in Mexico, the Middle East... hell if you wanna look at equally, look at white areas in Flint and inner city Boston, and Black areas in Detroit and Louisiana.

BH is a relatively small, violent group that's gaining momentum in a power vacuum. They will not succeed against a better trained military force and their massacre tactic can be checked by a third party, not Cameroon's limited forces. Nigeria has parts that have such rampant poverty, that an extremist group like this can exist and can recruit so easily. Shit is just sad man, the destabilization of these nations through corruption has done a number on so many innocents.

Fun fact: significant portion of their financing comes from coke trafficking. Seems to be a recurring theme worldwide that prohibitionist systems work, right?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  17. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

They are Africans, no one cares.

18. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Free RR! Belt

There is this line from that movie, "Hotel Rwanda" which resonated with me and applies to this situation.

The UN colonel played by Nick Nolte tells Don Cheadle's character something very poignant in regards to no help arriving for the Rwandan people to prevent the genocide...

"...you're worse than a N******. You're African."

19. Perfidious

Perfidious Purple Belt

Could we stop the whole "It's Africa not Islam" nonsense? I swear I must have made a million posts on this and I've literally never had a good response. The same tards who post this shit were the ones hailing Southeast Asian Muslim nations like Indonesia as proof of Islam not being the issue, not realizing the same shit is happening over there.

(Sub-Saharan) Africa has a lot of issues that has resulted in a lot of violence like civil war and ethnic conflicts but outside of the Islamic regions, where is the religious violence? Outside of the Islamic regions, of course. Kony and his band in the jungle? Where are these African Christians and shamans killing other people for not being their religion?

I'm not Africa and I'm not religious so I really have no stake in it. If someone can show me evidence pointing in a direction contrary to mine, I'll happily accept it. Until then could we just stop accepting the idea that Black Africans will kill each other over anything and that Islam could be anything when pretty much the vast majority of religious conflict in Africa, at least what is reported in the media, involves Islam somehow?

20. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

i'd be so nervous if i lived in certain african countries at the moment. i'd definitely try to arm myself, mind you getting a gun out there is probably very expensive for the average man.
    if god is so great and powerful why doesn't he get rid of all these 'bad' people? why is he getting the likes of boko haram and isis to do his work? is he really just weak?